Game company adds some new ways to do things

"OMG THEY ARE JUST GIMMICKS AGAIN, STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    The issue with the Gaming community as a whole

"OMG GUYS WE NEED SOME ORIGINAL THINGS, SOME INNOVATIONS"

Game company adds some new ways to do things

"OMG THEY ARE JUST GIMMICKS AGAIN, STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW"
    Well, I didn't ask for innovation am I allowed to say OMG GIMMICKS AGAIN? Or are you lumping all people who play games in to the one box?.

Although I don't think it's gimmicky or innovative or new, I think it's a load of existing ideas lumped in to a all in one package. I
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-10-23 at 09:32 PM.

Are we still treating people who are wrong just as often as they're right as "reliable" sources? Because if so, excuse me while I go have another hearty chuckle over it.

Regardless of how this thing performs, the idea of developing a system that's intended to be taken places, shared and linked on the fly with friends everywhere, not just over the internet is amazing. It takes the idea of a LAN party and makes it simpler and much more portable.

10+ Year Old Account
    If any of my friends ever do LAN parties I will disown them.

apparently most if not all the footage in the trailer wasnt even actually running on the switch

"I imagine the Skyrim footage wasn't running on Nintendo Switch and Matt, a neogaf insider,said most of it wasn't running on actual hardware"

"So that should mean Zelda won't run as poorly as it seemed and Skyrim might look different. Pretty sure Mario is real (but added in post)"

https://twitter.com/CartridgeGames/s...87263939928064

- - - Updated - - -

why two consoles dont make sense for nintendo

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Or it might mean Skyrim might look worse and Zelda might run worse >< I doubt it though.

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Regardless of how this thing performs, the idea of developing a system that's intended to be taken places, shared and linked on the fly with friends everywhere, not just over the internet is amazing. It takes the idea of a LAN party and makes it simpler and much more portable.
    Especially nuts because this is just the beginning of them being able to produce things like this. The future is exciting.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    apparently most if not all the footage in the trailer wasnt even actually running on the switch

I am Jack's complete lack of shock or surprise.

Did anyone honestly expect all that footage to be

Except right now they're still going to be supporting two consoles, the 3DS and the Switch. And thus far, there's exactly zero indication that the Switch will see any better third party support than the 3DS or Wii U have seen so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't trust a source that gets your and you're mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You can't trust a source that gets your and you're mixed up.
    Also, somebody who I have no clue who they are other than random anonymous internet user #289374982734892374892734

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus it's more of the snake oil mystical 'cloud' nonsense, I know it can offer a benefit but to be as good as the current gen...pft.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Plus it's more of the snake oil mystical 'cloud' nonsense, I know it can offer a benefit but to be as good as the current gen...pft.
    Yeah, Microsoft has walked the Azure Cloud promises way back since they made a big deal of them around Xbox One announcement...only for them to be used for dedicated server hosting or basic AI. And even with Crackdown 3 it's not supposed to actually be handling any graphical rendering but taking care of physics calculations for the console, and we haven't even seen it in action.

I'm still ludicrously skeptical of anyone claiming use of "THE CLOUD!" at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    But CLOUD! Also pointless on the go with no internet of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    But CLOUD! Also pointless on the go with no internet of sorts.
    its an accessory that you would plug in next to the dock so it wouldnt be usable on the go in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    its an accessory that you would plug in next to the dock so it wouldnt be usable on the go in the first place.
    Sorry but the idea that a game is dependant on the cloud but the cloud only works when docked creates a really awful system imo.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvTREwlWIAATJ5y.jpg[IMG]
    Yet they've been doing two consoles for an overwhelming majority of their video game lifespan.

I'm not sure why you are still insisting on comparing the Wii U games (Which wasn't supported as well as it should of been) to the 3DS, which did rather well.

If anything, you should be comparing the DS to the Wii. Not only that, but that list is literally awful. Where the hell is Tokyo Mirage Sessions, they even missed Nintendo World, which LAUNCHED with the Wii U and was bundled with it. And then comparing the 3DS having Wii remakes as a counterpoint to the Wii U having the sequels?

I am honestly baffled, I can't tell whether the chart is extremely bias against two Nintendo systems, or just completely misinformed.

Wait I must have missed something, are we actually talking about an accessory that connects to the docking station or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait I must have missed something, are we actually talking about an accessory that connects to the docking station or something?
    The post was about what the cloud device tendo patented awhile back was