10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah, there would be, considering that I, along with many others, don't like the idea of paying for two games but only playing one of them since we have no interest in the other. That's like buying a half-pepperoni, half-anchovies pizza, and eating only the pepperoni half, throwing the other half in the trash.
    it's more like buying one pizza and being asked if you'd like a second one for free.

Yeah, there would be, considering that I, along with many others, don't like the idea of paying for two games but only playing one of them since we have no interest in the other. That's like buying a half-pepperoni, half-anchovies pizza, and eating only the pepperoni half, throwing the other half in the trash.
    So, an additional game for no extra money suddenly becomes a negative point?!? I've heard it all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    it's more like buying one pizza and being asked if you'd like a second one for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    So, an additional game for no extra money suddenly becomes a negative point?!? I've heard it all now.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch. When you buy one, get one free you're essentially paying for both and the company is absorbing the hit by selling more. In a situation like that if I'm not going to eat the two pizzas I'd rather just pay half and get the one I want.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    There's no such thing as a free lunch. When you buy one, get one free you're essentially paying for both and the company is absorbing the hit by selling more. In a situation like that if I'm not going to eat the two pizzas I'd rather just pay half and get the one I want.
    This just gets sillier and sillier. The proposed situation was that legacy was included in the current sub price only in this thread, where arguing is more important than making sense, would this be seen as a negative for the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Sounds like a promotion. If that's the case, the 'vanilla servers' would be only temporarily available to the public, but that isn't the case, is it?

You're assuming the sub price would stay the same as it is. If it's rolled into the subscription price, it's much more likely the sub price would increase due to increased staff hiring, training, and hardware/software adaptations.

You're assuming the sub price would stay the same as it is. If it's rolled into the subscription price, it's much more likely the sub price would increase due to increased staff hiring, training, and hardware/software adaptations.
    The proposed situation was that it was tied into the regular WoW subscription there was no mention of a price increase nor would one be likely. Have you ever heard of the saying when in a hole, stop digging?

This just gets sillier and sillier. The proposed situation was that legacy was included in the current sub price only in this thread, where arguing is more important than making sense, would this be seen as a negative for the customer.
    Oh, I'm not saying it's negative for the customer. I'm saying that analogy doesn't work. If there is a service offering something for free that I'll never use, I'd much rather pay less and not have that "free" thing. Because again, everything has a cost.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    That's why legacy servers will not be related to live, legacy will not affect retail players in any form so i don't understand why some are so against it.
    I'm not against it, I just don't think Blizz is for it. Almost 300k signatures wanting this, and they are hardly tripping over themselves to stand up a classic server.

Oh, I'm not saying it's negative for the customer. I'm saying that analogy doesn't work. If there is a service offering something for free that I'll never use, I'd much rather pay less and not have that "free" thing. Because again, everything has a cost.
    There is no option to pay less than you currently pay. Why would you expect to pay less if they decided to bundle Legacy into the current sub fee? You've introduced a situation that would never happen to justify a nonsensical argument.

There is no option to pay less than you currently pay. Why would you expect to pay less if they decided to bundle Legacy into the current sub fee? You've introduced a situation that would never happen to justify a nonsensical argument.
    I would like that option to be there. Either that or split Legacy into its own service or as an optional fee. Even though I want to play on a Legacy server, I know I won't be playing both at once. I just don't have the time for it.

The proposed situation was that it was tied into the regular WoW subscription there was no mention of a price increase nor would one be likely. Have you ever heard of the saying when in a hole, stop digging?
    Ok. Then in that situation, still 'no', because that means, to keep the subscription fees the same, it means that teams had to be split, which means less people working on WoW retail, which means slower updates. No, thank you.

I would like that option to be there. Either that or split Legacy into its own service or as an optional fee. Even though I want to play on a Legacy server, I know I won't be playing both at once. I just don't have the time for it.
    Why? WoW currently costs $15 per month to play in the proposed situation it would still cost $15 per month but you would have the option of playing on a Legacy server. Your argument makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. Then in that situation, still 'no', because that means, to keep the subscription fees the same, it means that teams had to be split, which means less people working on WoW retail, which means slower updates. No, thank you.
    Why does keeping the sub fee the same mean that they would have to split the teams? Plenty of companies reduce their gross profit % to drive sales and by extension the bottom line.

And how would this splitting of the teams lead to slower updates? Outside of the initial development of making Legacy systems compatible with the current system(s) there would be little need for any additional development, as it was done 12 years ago. There might be a need for additional non-development staff, customer service reps, server maintenance, etc, but none of them would slow down the development of retail WoW.

Why? WoW currently costs $15 per month to play in the proposed situation it would still cost $15 per month but you would have the option of playing on a Legacy server. Your argument makes no sense.
    Matter of principle. I don't want to pay for a service I'm not going to use. If I'm playing on Legacy (which I will, likely in bursts, if it is implemented), I won't be playing on Retail. If I'm playing on Retail, I won't be playing on Legacy. The price might still be the same, but there is always a built-in price for any service. Hell, if I wanted to play both at once I'd be glad to pay $18 or something per month. If I'm playing two different games -- which Retail and Legacy would be -- I'd be perfectly fine with paying more for it.

And besides, what's the problem? It seems to me the majority of the Legacy players would just pay $15 to play on the Legacy server and not bother with Retail anyway. They aren't paying for Retail right now, to begin with.

It would be difficult to justify Classic realms at no extra sub cost.

That would validate all the complaints about it taking resources away from current retail.

Realistically I would support a separate sub (15) for Classic and maybe a discounted rate (say 25) for both.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Why does keeping the sub fee the same mean that they would have to split the teams? Plenty of companies reduce their gross profit % to drive sales and by extension the bottom line.
    Companies do that when they're going through rough times and sales are at a nearly all-time low. Blizzard is not going through rough times. Blizzard is still a very successful and profitable company, so they have no reason to cut their gross profits to boost sales.

And how would this splitting of the teams lead to slower updates?
    ... Seriously? Is this a question that really needs answered? Let's build a house. Do you think having five people working on building the house will go just as fast as having, say, ten people?

Outside of the initial development of making Legacy systems compatible with the current system(s) there would be little need for any additional development, as it was done 12 years ago.
    There would need weekly maintenance, new game patches to support the new hardware that will be released, like monitor sizes and video cards.

customer service reps
    Do you honestly customer service is such a trivial thing that it wouldn't affect costs?
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2016-10-24 at 08:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    This has been discussed ad nauseum. Blizzard is not going to use Nost's code, it's just not happening - different tools, different software, and they'd have to hire and train people to support software they didn't develop, and to bring whatever spaghetti code Nost has in line with a commercial product...there's that cost wall again. They'd have to develop all new tools and methods to suport it - to even suggest it is pointless.

As for Battle.net, of course anything they do will be integrated into it. The devs have already said that it's a hurdle they'd have to take. They're not going to run two different billing and support heirarchies for legacy servers, it would be an absolute waste of time, money and effort, especially when they have a robust and refined system in place now, that they've invested years and millions of dev hour dollars into.

I don't see how you can make any claims of anything being 'clear", when what you're proposing is completely out of line with reality. Plus, LFG and LFR are NOT tied to Battle.net (or whatever they call it now), and having one does not impose the other - you really should understand how things like that work before making definitive statements about how "clear" things are.
    Dude... Relax.. I have not read alll the 31000 posts in here, so i don't know as much as you appereantly do Okay, then the code is not useable

The reason why they would proberly not implement Legacy into Battle.net is because it would change the experience. Battle.net brings alot of easy acces with it and it would proberly bring some hardcore nost people into an uproar. That is my reasons Also, legacy servers are already gonna be a huge time drainer if they would have to put it up, so i am just pilling on

Now you listen here. This is all from my point of view and when i say "clear", i mean it is fucking clear to me!! Don't be a smartass when you have to put words into my mouth for your bullshit to make sense.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Matter of principle. I don't want to pay for a service I'm not going to use. If I'm playing on Legacy (which I will, likely in bursts, if it is implemented), I won't be playing on Retail. If I'm playing on Retail, I won't be playing on Legacy. The price might still be the same, but there is always a built-in price for any service. Hell, if I wanted to play both at once I'd be glad to pay $18 or something per month. If I'm playing two different games -- which Retail and Legacy would be -- I'd be perfectly fine with paying more for it.

And besides, what's the problem? It seems to me the majority of the Legacy players would just pay $15 to play on the Legacy server and not bother with Retail anyway. They aren't paying for Retail right now, to begin with.
    Really? You can't actually be serious? In the proposed situation you are not paying an extra and you can play retail or legacy any time you like. What are you talking about built-in price? It makes no sense. You are argument is absolutely nonsensical.

But until I see proof of their claims, and not just more claims claiming their claims are true, I'll remain very skeptical of what they say, considering it can directly affect their culpability.
    Only a small part of it, but since it showed up on my facebook feed, here's some evidence for the t-shirt sale:

Source: https://teespring.com/fr/nostalrius-...0035&sid=front
    (Also on the previous campaign: https://teespring.com/fr/legacy-serv...0029&sid=front)
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-10-24 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    they could simply announce plans to host the server in Russia, which is outside of Blizzard's, and the U.S.'s, copyright law jurisdiction.
    Blizzard has a subsidiary in France, so they will not be out of the jurisdiction. Also, it is not safe to host illegal stuff in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Only a small part of it, but since it showed up on my facebook feed, here's some evidence for the t-shirt sale:

Source: https://teespring.com/fr/nostalrius-...0035&sid=front
    (Also on the previous campaign: https://teespring.com/fr/legacy-serv...0029&sid=front)
    "Ηow are we sure this is real and not photo-shopped?"

Responding to trolls is pointless.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.