Poll: Choose ideal scenario

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I'm just fine not associating with Russia. I don't think they are gonna fuck with the EU in a classical war and I don't think the EU has any need to be afraid of Russia outside of a classical war. No red scare or anything.

Russia can circlejerk about their country and their policies all they want if they leave us alone.
    Until they shut off the gas...

The third option: unify the world and create new allies. But I voted for the second option if you're wondering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    Best Yurop inc.

Fragmented Germany and Russia - increased power for UK, France and Poland. All around win.

I'm not sure what this is, but it makes me want to play Crusader Kings II.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Bad poll. I'd vote to unify Europe more, but certainly not to ally with Putin's Russia. It's a corrupt state.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Until they shut off the gas...
    Yeah, because those shenanigans helped them so much in the past. They are taking a bullet to the chest in an attempt to pee on our feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or... We could be friends of both.

Your pool is biased, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Bother are utter shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    Best Yurop inc.

Fragmented Germany and Russia - increased power for UK, France and Poland. All around win.

How did Spain not fragment in that pic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Bother are utter shit.

- - - Updated - - -

How did Spain not fragment in that pic?
    Looks like a map of a total Central Powers victory in WW1 (although Danzig is Polish for some reason...) so probably why Spain isn't fragmented (and basically every country including Finland is a kingdom).

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Looks like a map of a total Central Powers victory in WW1 (although Danzig is Polish for some reason...) so probably why Spain isn't fragmented (and basically every country including Finland is a kingdom).
    Yes, I didn't know about the 'Kingdom of Finland' - but seemed it existed a short while 1918, but the king was never crowned in Finland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Yes, I didn't know about the 'Kingdom of Finland' - but seemed it existed a short while 1918, but the king was never crowned in Finland.
    For some reason Austria has balkanized as well... I'd really like to know how the map maker was thinking..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Option 1 without a doubt.
    A more united Europe is always better for us.

It scares me to see that so many would rather see Europe fucked up than cooperation with the US, shows us how deep and good their propaganda is.
    Though it doesn't surprise me for a moment. These people managed to convince parents to endanger their child by not vaccinating them, convincing people to betray their country is peanuts compared to that.
    I think less people would vote for option 2 if the poll wasn't so biased...

Why does a unified Europe HAVE to ally with Russia and ditch the US? A unified Europe with strong US ties would be amazing.

Anywho, I'm all for a united Europe either way but I'll never side with Russia when Putin is in charge.
    Last edited by Acelius; 2016-10-24 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    For some reason Austria has balkanized as well... I'd really like to know how the map maker was thinking..
    Isn't it the German Empire split into the principalities - and Austria split from Hungary?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    Bad poll. I'd vote to unify Europe more, but certainly not to ally with Putin's Russia.
    I agree with that. A (relatively) unified Europe is a good thing, but I don't think we'd have to ally with Russia.
    Thus: Neither of the options above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd like to see the EU disband. And yes I still count as European for the next year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Well its more like Europe is that twenty something that has just finished building a startup company, his rich but very debted father doenst understand and want him to get a "real job" instead of sitting with computers.
    Russia is the distant friend that dates Europes sister and think because of that Europe should listen to his advice and get a blue collar job like he did after dropping out of highschool. Europe doesnt want to but Russia starts to feel inferior and becomes passive aggresive every time he drinks (witch seems to be more often now adays).

The startup has its up and downs like all new companies and not everyone stays to finish the project.
    UK left because he thought he didnt have enough say in how things ran, he moved to a trailer park and sits there most days drinking stella and remembering the good ol' days of the empire and how things used to be.
    Lol I enjoyed your rebuttal. The point being, whether you see Europe as the layabout or the startup, it will be better for both Europe and America if Europe stands up for itself. I think one of the primary reasons European culture has become so self-hating and weak, is they've been able to rely on a power structure backed by US military dominance to keep outside pressures minimized, and to keep the shipping lanes open.

As with people, so goes it with nations. When the sheepdogs have kept the wolves at bay so long and so successfully, and few sheep remain that remember what a wolf looks like, the sheep begin to see the sheepdog as the bad-guy, because he bears such resemblance to the wolf. That is until the wolves return, of course. How's that eastern frontier looking these days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'd like to see the EU disband. And yes I still count as European for the next year or so.
    I don't know how to break it to you, but you will always be European.
    But why would you brits care whether the EU stays together or not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Lol I enjoyed your rebuttal. The point being, whether you see Europe as the layabout or the startup, it will be better for both Europe and America if Europe stands up for itself. I think one of the primary reasons European culture has become so self-hating and weak, is they've been able to rely on a power structure backed by US military dominance to keep outside pressures minimized, and to keep the shipping lanes open.

As with people, so goes it with nations. When the sheepdogs have kept the wolves at bay so long and so successfully, and few sheep remain that remember what a wolf looks like, the sheep begin to see the sheepdog as the bad-guy, because he bears such resemblance to the wolf. That is until the wolves return, of course. How's that eastern frontier looking these days?
    Where are you getting this bullshit?

Deleted
    I don't know how to break it to you, but you will always be European.
    Pretty much, yeah. Great Britain won't suddenly leave Europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Isn't it the German Empire split into the principalities - and Austria split from Hungary?
    Yeah I figured as much with Germany. Still, I'm not sure about the plausibility of Austria breaking up with Hungary after the war, after all a win would be a huge legitimacy boost for the Habsburgers and the regime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. Great Britain won't suddenly leave Europe.

Maybe it'll float over to North America?

Where are you getting this bullshit?
    I'm making an observation.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it'll float over to North America?
    We'd welcome our cousins happily.