10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that has REALLY stood out to me is the door trigger in the Frost Artifact acquisition questline. The Gargoyles turn to stone and then you Death Grip them onto the pressure plates to open the gate.

Is there anything of the sort on Broken Isles? Anybody come across a non-instanced area with any statues, etc.? Anything that looks like a pressure switch? I've searched in-game through the Basilisk statues but nothing so far. It just seems like an awfully BIG lead to work with as we've never accomplished anything like this before nor have we given it any large focus. The pressure plate may not even look like a trigger and not activate in any way until we actually have met the requirements to trigger it.

One thing I do know is that the statues or runestone, etc. needs to be attackable/focusable in whatever state it needs to be in for Death Grip to even work.

I'm not sure about data-mining anything for it either. I wouldn't even know where to start...

I cant post links...
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Battlezones/simple

UPDATE -- yes I know it was like 30 minutes ago..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Futhark

The data mined NPC Futhark <master runecarver> - ok so read down to the frost DK token... An ancient language no living soul remembers.. check out this link. I'm just starting to look into it now. This makes perfect sense to the quote on the token. Maybe there are runes in the game that spell out his location.

hoping # 1 this might not have come up yet, and # 2 people take it seriously and we can try and work it out. I have been looking at every single token/drop/item w/e for each class. Each item that unlocks the hidden artifact has a quote to go along with it. Without going all in depth, I believe the quotes are riddles and give all the information needed to guide you to the location of the hidden artifact token. You just need to work out the riddle.

Fair warning I have no taken the time to specifically look up the names of each race and NPC but I'm hoping you get the gist... I'm so bad with names..

I'm going to focus on the DK tokens for an example.

Twisting Anima of Souls - Blood DK token
    "A failed experiment in magically stealing the power from the long dead. The resulting mass twists and undulates unsettlingly."
    This is obtained by doing the withered army training. The withered were created when the experiment to supply their race with magic after the legion had taken away their ability to use the sunwell. "Failed experiment" "long dead" withered and ancient mana. "... mass twists and undulates..." - how to the NPC's who need ancient mana to correct themselves look? Hands over their faces, shaking and convulsing due to their condition that causes them to constantly crave the power of magic that the ancient mana fills for a short time.

The Bonereaper's Hook - Unholy DK token
    "Fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death."
    The clues are in the first line, "fed by the steady..." - summoning over and over steadily working towards the point where the NPC that drops the book would appear - "energy of ICC" - the scourge is created and empowered here - the powers you possess at a DK to summon the dead to your side to aid you in the form of ghouls and abominations. The second line referring more to the actual shape and construction of the blade. "..reaper's hook"

Runes of the Darkening - Frost DK token
    "Written in an ancient language that no living soul remembers, yet somehow the words leap to your tongue, yearning to be read."
    Ok so here we are.. First of all I read it this way "Runes... Written in an ancient language..." - Is there an undead soul? DK NPC? that can translate these runes? Do we need to collect runes, that may otherwise seem meaningless to use except that when all the items are translated together they form a word of phrase that unlocks the next step? "Yet somehow the words leap to your tongue.." - Are we all going to be throwing our hands in the air in exasperation at finding out what the solution is? Are these runes, words or phrases something we already know? "Yearning to be read..." Read by whom? By us? By an NPC around us? Could it be as simple as "/s...." something to proc the quest or drop? Which old bosses dropped rune trinkets or rune items? Is the theory about archaeology true and we are looking to farm up these "runes" from a long lost past?

How do we read into it and find the clues without reading too much into it and loosing sight of the simple path?

What ancient languages are there?!
    I have been reading that people are saying that the trigger for these quest lines are started in the Broken Isles only.. but is that true? Ret pally hidden artifact? Disc priest? Subtlety rogue?
    Again I am not pretending to know everything and this is just my ramblings and personal ideas on the matter. If anyone thinks there is anything to my theory of the riddles and had any idea where to go with the quote from the Runes of Darkening please share.
    Last edited by frostvox; 2016-10-24 at 08:11 PM. Reason: new info

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnage View Post
    I cant post links...
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Battlezones/simple
    If it's not green he used a bug which is what that person did.

Quote Originally Posted by totmachor View Post
    then stay out of this thread, because this thread is about getting the skin. If you want the "mystery" go find it yourself ... and dont let others search it for you. In the end it is makes totally no difference if you get the information from another player or from blizzard, you dont solve the problem yourself.
    I disagree. It is a group effort. No need to repeat what others have done.

It is not our chance to do our best Veruca Salt impression and shriek at the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I disagree. It is a group effort. No need to repeat what others have done.

It is not our chance to do our best Veruca Salt impression and shriek at the devs.
    Veruca Salt was such a great band!

Quote Originally Posted by frostvox View Post
    UPDATE -- yes I know it was like 30 minutes ago..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Futhark

The data mined NPC Futhark <master runecarver> - ok so read down to the frost DK token... An ancient language no living soul remembers.. check out this link. I'm just starting to look into it now. This makes perfect sense to the quote on the token. Maybe there are runes in the game that spell out his location.

hoping # 1 this might not have come up yet, and # 2 people take it seriously and we can try and work it out. I have been looking at every single token/drop/item w/e for each class. Each item that unlocks the hidden artifact has a quote to go along with it. Without going all in depth, I believe the quotes are riddles and give all the information needed to guide you to the location of the hidden artifact token. You just need to work out the riddle.

Fair warning I have no taken the time to specifically look up the names of each race and NPC but I'm hoping you get the gist... I'm so bad with names..

I'm going to focus on the DK tokens for an example.

Twisting Anima of Souls - Blood DK token
    "A failed experiment in magically stealing the power from the long dead. The resulting mass twists and undulates unsettlingly."
    This is obtained by doing the withered army training. The withered were created when the experiment to supply their race with magic after the legion had taken away their ability to use the sunwell. "Failed experiment" "long dead" withered and ancient mana. "... mass twists and undulates..." - how to the NPC's who need ancient mana to correct themselves look? Hands over their faces, shaking and convulsing due to their condition that causes them to constantly crave the power of magic that the ancient mana fills for a short time.

The Bonereaper's Hook - Unholy DK token
    "Fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death."
    The clues are in the first line, "fed by the steady..." - summoning over and over steadily working towards the point where the NPC that drops the book would appear - "energy of ICC" - the scourge is created and empowered here - the powers you possess at a DK to summon the dead to your side to aid you in the form of ghouls and abominations. The second line referring more to the actual shape and construction of the blade. "..reaper's hook"

Runes of the Darkening - Frost DK token
    "Written in an ancient language that no living soul remembers, yet somehow the words leap to your tongue, yearning to be read."
    Ok so here we are.. First of all I read it this way "Runes... Written in an ancient language..." - Is there an undead soul? DK NPC? that can translate these runes? Do we need to collect runes, that may otherwise seem meaningless to use except that when all the items are translated together they form a word of phrase that unlocks the next step? "Yet somehow the words leap to your tongue.." - Are we all going to be throwing our hands in the air in exasperation at finding out what the solution is? Are these runes, words or phrases something we already know? "Yearning to be read..." Read by whom? By us? By an NPC around us? Could it be as simple as "/s...." something to proc the quest or drop? Which old bosses dropped rune trinkets or rune items? Is the theory about archaeology true and we are looking to farm up these "runes" from a long lost past?

How do we read into it and find the clues without reading too much into it and loosing sight of the simple path?

What ancient languages are there?!
    I have been reading that people are saying that the trigger for these quest lines are started in the Broken Isles only.. but is that true? Ret pally hidden artifact? Disc priest? Subtlety rogue?
    Again I am not pretending to know everything and this is just my ramblings and personal ideas on the matter. If anyone thinks there is anything to my theory of the riddles and had any idea where to go with the quote from the Runes of Darkening please share.
    Actually going around and saying the random letters to runes we find makes sense

Has anyone considered it could have to do with Thassarian? I mean he is the poster boy for frost now. Maybe having him as a combat ally could not hurt the efforts? He was also one of Arthas' first Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Has anyone considered it could have to do with Thassarian? I mean he is the poster boy for frost now. Maybe having him as a combat ally could not hurt the efforts? He was also one of Arthas' first Death Knights.
    Maybe worth a go... I disabled him a while back coz I got sick of him attacking everyone with the emote "Surrender to the Ebon Blade!"

Just hit AK10 this morning so might go back and try some things and report back with him as my follower.

Quote Originally Posted by Logchopper View Post
    Maybe worth a go... I disabled him a while back coz I got sick of him attacking everyone with the emote "Surrender to the Ebon Blade!"

Just hit AK10 this morning so might go back and try some things and report back with him as my follower.
    Sweet, I think it is potentially one of the simpler things it could be, have any other hidden artifact appearances for any classes been linked to a follower, does anybody know?

Sweet, I think it is potentially one of the simpler things it could be, have any other hidden artifact appearances for any classes been linked to a follower, does anybody know?
    None. I have 12x110's and farming the HAA's for all of them, just for the sake of collection. Check this out before ask something like this. wowhead.com/guides/artifact-weapons/hidden-potential

Deleted
    I've been using Thassarian since forever and never found anything. Right now I'm leveling all the followers and raising their ilvl, if something comes up I'll tell.

Quote Originally Posted by gilike999 View Post
    None. I have 12x110's and farming the HAA's for all of them, just for the sake of collection. Check this out before ask something like this. wowhead.com/guides/artifact-weapons/hidden-potential
    No you misunderstand, I am asking if possibly having a certain follower as a helper has been the source of an appearance.

No you misunderstand, I am asking if possibly having a certain follower as a helper has been the source of an appearance.
    As an answer to that question, no, no appearance has been linked to a specific follower.

Deleted
    Has anybody read the Artifact Knowlege tomes that you get for each weapon? I am pretty sure there should be some hint about how to get the artifact hidden appereance in those

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KonradGM View Post
    Has anybody read the Artifact Knowlege tomes that you get for each weapon? I am pretty sure there should be some hint about how to get the artifact hidden appereance in those
    Really ... It's maybe the first thing we do after each AK up ...

Quote Originally Posted by KonradGM View Post
    I don't know of any artifacts that have had explicit hints regarding their HAA acquisition in the readable AK tome. Regardless, you can read the entire thing on wowhead for all specs. It will likely show up if you google it.

I've had him as my combat ally for a while now and nothing has happened. I'm AK 10 as well.

Deleted
    The AK Tome often doesnt say anything about the HAA
    The Corruption of Ashbringer was written on Page 5 and 6 I guess which you earn with AK 12 and 15
    But we were able to get the skin with AK6

I dont believe that the Tome have something to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    I don't know of any artifacts that have had explicit hints regarding their HAA acquisition in the readable AK tome. Regardless, you can read the entire thing on wowhead for all specs. It will likely show up if you google it.
    No a few of the HAA "items" have some hint of the method of obtaining it. Surv hunter: text says ursoc if im not mistaken