Getting killed by blows to the head is definitely up there for me with awkward shit to watch. I can watch people being stabbed and shot all day but blunt blows to the head is yuck. Think I know too much about how fragile the human brain is

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Abraham is a legend. Daryl is a complete moron.

Abraham was fine taking the hit for the team, Daryl just fucking ruined it all. Glenn's death was really horrible.
    damn right. but now they have show material to rescue Daryl
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Deleted
    this episode made me so angryyyyyyyy

well done Jeffrey Dean Morgan

The only compelling thing in this episode were the 2 deaths of Abraham and Glenn rest was just meh.......
    Need more of those moments in this show to actually really become post apocalyptic for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Headshot :s

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Now that I know who Neagan killed, I'm pretty satisfied with moving on from this series. I've been losing interest for awhile. It was great in the beginning, but overtime its become more of a drama fest than a zombie one.
    It has always been a drama fest with zombies added, that's even what the creator had in mind.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

In the beginning, it felt more raw and dangerous. Zombies were the danger and there was a real threat of survival. Now, everyone's personal issues seem to be the main focus. It feels like the cast of General Hospital was thrown into an apocalyptic world.
    That's the way of pretty much any syndicated tv show. People's relationships always come to the forefront. The whole 'surviving in a zombie apocalypse' side of it quickly becomes passe if its the only focus of a show. The comic and show are meant to explore what living in that sort of situation does to people and how they adapt to it. The real focus is meant to be on how people's perceptions of the world and themselves/others are shaped by the zombie apocalypse. That's what makes the show interesting imo. Killing zombies and foraging for food in and of itself wouldn't make it past one season.

Lincoln is a mediocre actor at best, he just looks good compared to most other actors TWD has to offer (to be fair though, you can't expect that much from such a huge and always changing cast). He has like 3 facial expressions at his disposal, and 2 of them express despair and on-edgeness. So yeah, he had 6 seasons to practice for this episode.

The work of the make-up artists was outstanding, though. As mentioned a couple times, the snot bursting out of his nose was great, looked really authentic. And the eye of course, disturbingly real (at least in motion).

And yeah, Morgan is fantastic as always, but I'm kind of a biased fanboy anyway.
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2016-10-24 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Rick, from alpha to being beta as fuck.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Found my new favorite character.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deaths were done well and TWD delivered where I thought it wouldn't, but was bullshit it was the start of a new season. The deaths lost nearly all effect on me because of waiting so long for them. Well done writers, you royally fucked up one of the most iconic scenes in the series you shitbricks.

Officially no longer a fan. Red I had been hoping would die since he screwed over Rosita. And, Glen I could have been ok with had he been simply killed. However having his head half caved in and made to suffer before finally having his head beat into sauce was overboard. Anyone who enjoyed that scene has serious issues.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Officially no longer a fan. Red I had been hoping would die since he screwed over Rosita. And, Glen I could have been ok with had he been simply killed. However having his head half caved in and made to suffer before finally having his head beat into sauce was overboard. Anyone who enjoyed that scene has serious issues.
    I enjoyed it and I don't have any more issues than any other person watching that show.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you know, we just want a proper death because we're not watching my little pony.

Yeah, I get that, and that's all fine, but the show really went overkill on focusing more on personal dramas vs. surviving, which is why I started losing interest.
    I agree in that seasons 3-5 moved way too slowly and nearly lost me as a viewer. In fact I mainly kept watching only because my wife is really into the show. S6 I thought was an improvement over the previous 2-3 seasons. Starting with Lori's death the show did get bogged down in a lot of melodrama.

It was surprising when it turns out 2 major characters die instead of 1, to bad that their deaths didn't make me feel anything. In fact I was just glad that this whole theory was over. They screwed up badly that they couldn't even show atleast 1 death during the end of the season 6 finale, and then show the 2nd death in this episode. But ratings wise they should be happy with themselves. For the rest this episode didn't had much other good stuff, the scenes with forcing Rick to get his axe dragged on for too long and it was to predictable that Rick wouldn't chop off Carls hand.

I'd say Rick group deserves to be in this position, they have been invincible for far too long without having any of their people die. I'd even say that Negan has gone way to generous with the group, because they killed atleast 100 of his men while Negan only takes 2 lifes from them. Any other maniac would've just killed them all together. Negan doesn't even feel as threatening as I would've hoped, he jokes around for to long and is only able to act like he does when his enemies are in a weakened position.

It still feels like they screwed up the comic moment, but atleast they didn't went easy with the gore. I'm finding it hard to enjoy this show more and more, I'm not even sure if I want to continue watching.

I enjoyed it, it was the best part of the whole episode.
    Id bash him my self if i could "grabs Lucile".

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment.

Hey I got a new bat, you want to help me try it out? Where do you live? Don't worry I'll come to you
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Isn't the they guy who hands Negan the pen (Simon?) also one of the "hosts" on West World?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Isn't the they guy who hands Negan the pen (Simon?) also one of the "hosts" on West World?
    Yes

His name is Steven Ogg and he played Trevor Phillips in GTA V as well, which got him a lot of work
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed