10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Also BRUH DON'T DISS THE TIDUS AMDAPOR!
    Oh, no. I'm not going to click that one. :X

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Oh, no. I'm not going to click that one. :X
    You will click and you will enjoy the Tidusfest!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    A DRK that dint use CD properly or none at all and took loads of damage (when he died the OT DRK took over and the difference was night and day)
    Seen that happen a lot with DRKs and playing one myself I still can't fathom how some DRKs do it that I need a mere HoT to keep them alive. I certainly can't, because I don't have THAT many CDs. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah screw those people. I heal for the daily expert roulette and the weekly raids for faster queues and some people are just incredibly dense. They blame people without even knowing what the real issue is. That's also ignoring all the little things you might have did to make the run smoother (DPS and Tanks are included in this) but do those people notice that? Lol no because they can't comprehend certain things and I just move on knowing that I did my best while they're the real shitters.
    I think you can really tell who has multiple max level jobs in those situations. Like i main NIN but also play jobs like AST,MCH,DRK and SMN at max so i'll notice things like "okay the AST is in nocturnal sect so that gives us a little breathing room after an aspected helios" or "Okay i know the DRK just used the last of his defensive cooldowns so i should spent my silence cooldown on the next silenceable tank purge ability" or whatever.
    I tend to see folks who level just one job and stick to it -usually DRG or PLD for the most part- tend to just see blue player, green player, red player and beyond the role not think of anything else.

This isn't helped by Stormblood bringing back long lapsed players who get leveled super fast via deep dungeon and never have to learn any new boss mechanics this expansion introduced, when to use their skills and when to synergize with others and so on.

Just yesterday for example i was on MNK and got a Snowcloak run in roulette and it was a nightmare, especially the yeti boss, because the PLD in full eikon gear said "i boost up using deep dungeon, wat is tank???" and they had no concept of things like "hold threat" or "keep the boss facing away from the party at all times" and these concepts were entirely foreign to them.

When theres no barrier for entry beyond story quests theres a lot of content, especially right now with the big influx of power leveled jobs not being played correctly, where the roullette is full of people that don't know their own job let alone the abilities of anyone else and how to work with them. Personally i think its just a symptom of just how many modern MMORPG's are single player games in disguise and people have this idea that other players are there to carry and facilitate their "power creep" and any concept of group effort or teamwork is something "other players do".

10+ Year Old Account
    And then some people would want an option to start from level 60. :/

"..make possibility to start game form lvl 60 with all main scenario for people who buy Bloodstorm."

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Very-Bad-idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

"..make possibility to start game form lvl 60 with all main scenario for people who buy Bloodstorm."

lol Bloodstorm

Deep Dungeons should have been locked behind HW story. Something like having had to complete 3.0 story at least. I mean if you have played through all the story to that point you should have done almost all dungeons and have a rough idea how the roles work. If someone can't pick up another job after going through all that they will never learn regardless.

Talks about MSQ restriction. Has 0 clue what the expansion is called. Yeah you need that fucking gating. Also I would not be in favor of a jump potion. A way to skip the story maybe but no. Sick of seeing boost to max or previous expansions max potions in MMOs.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-24 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Sorry, I am going to vent to y'all. I fucking hate a11 as a healer. No, that's wrong. I don't hate a11 as a whole. I FUCKING HATE THE PREY. I swear to god, I can never keep the prey target a live, even if I wanted to. Having my co-healer call me out for not helping with prey and then getting called an entitled healer by dps because I prioritize MY life before theirs, having the tank say he 'counted only 4 regens' on him the entire fight even though I always make sure to reapply it once it has fallen off is just...infuriating. Honestly don't know why this is so upsetting. I don't even need one hand to count the number of times people have blamed me as a healer. I think that part that really gets to me the most is not only being called an entitled healer but being asked why I'm even a healer when i would rather keep myself alive than the party.

I just really hate that prey mechanic in a11. How am I suppose to heal through 3 quick succession attacks while dodging? Fuck this really makes me doubt myself as a healer. :\
    Nah, A11 prey is bullshit for a mechanic in a normal mode. First time I ran this and I had it kill me twice, I was thinking I (BLM) was doing it wrong. Started running with the marker over me (but not through other people); nope, can't dodge, still dead. Line of sight behind the pillar thing (kinda like for propeller wind)? Nope, still dead. "Well fuck, I'll use manaward, should be fine" LOL JK DED. So we're completely at the mercy of healers throwing us some sort of cooldown in a 2-3 second span (assuming we started at 100% hp, which isn't always the case).

It's an example of where UI customization could come in handy, although I dare say it would trivialize the mechanic. Imagine the prey mechanic marker (or a smaller version of it, at least) appearing on the unit frame for whomever is targeted by it.

Edit: I'm also on Balmung (see sig link)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Talks about MSQ restriction. Has 0 clue what the expansion is called. Yeah you need that fucking gating. Also I would not be in favor of a jump potion. A way to skip the story maybe but no. Sick of seeing boost to max or previous expansions max potions in MMOs.
    I am also not a fan of such mechanisms, but at the same time, if it's required to go through all of ARR + HW MSQ just to get started in Stormblood...that's a LOT of quests. So I'm somewhat torn on the topic.

Personally, I'd be like "deal with it" and leave the MSQ requirement intact, because the main story has continuity (vs. in wow where one can just jump right into the newest xpac without a clue as to "why am I here and how did I get here").
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2016-10-24 at 12:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    It's an example of where UI customization could come in handy, although I dare say it would trivialize the mechanic. Imagine the prey mechanic marker (or a smaller version of it, at least) appearing on the unit frame for whomever is targeted by it.
    I do think UI customization would help, but I don't think it would trivialize the mechanic. A shield and heal would definitely be enough to ensure the prey target lives The problem with it is it is a 3 hit attack that does something like ~40% in quick succession that is AoE and happening while lasers are going off. I know when prey is going out and I always prepare for it by dropping clerics, throwing stoneskin on the prey target and starting to precast a heal. Then shit hits the fan with lasers going off, and I make the choice to dodge and then try to throw out Tetra/Essential (if up), but by then its too late. They're dead. Though tetra/essential being my first course of action instead of trying to pre-cast would probably be better, it seems like the few situation when I did do that, it didn't matter. They still died. :\ Honestly, its just a really shitty placement for that mechanic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I am also not a fan of such mechanisms, but at the same time, if it's required to go through all of ARR + HW MSQ just to get started in Stormblood...that's a LOT of quests. So I'm somewhat torn on the topic.

Personally, I'd be like "deal with it" and leave the MSQ requirement intact, because the main story has continuity (vs. in wow where one can just jump right into the newest xpac without a clue as to "why am I here and how did I get here").
    Heavensward story aint that bad because they cut a lot of the fat out. They really should do the same for ARR and I don't think it would be such an issue as it is now. I mean at the moment a single patch from ARR probably takes you as long as a few of the Heavensward ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Seen that happen a lot with DRKs and playing one myself I still can't fathom how some DRKs do it that I need a mere HoT to keep them alive. I certainly can't, because I don't have THAT many CDs. ._.
    My favorite, when timed appropriately is a Dark Arts+ Dark Dance followed by a Dark Arts + Dark Passenger, Evasion up + enemy blindness = very little incoming damage, which is ~15 seconds of no Grit, Clerics stance for healers which can make trash fights go that much faster. That said...never use this combo alongside Blood Price, would be a waste (can't regen MP if you're not getting hit). Use Blood Price before, spam Unleash and/ or Abyssal Drain to grab threat, and when you have ~5 seconds pop the Dark Arts combo so your MP isn't completely empty when you're done.

Any combination of Dark Arts + Dark Passenger or Dark Dance along with another cooldown also significantly reduces incoming damage. Some folks just don't know how/ when to use them appropriately because they already have a difficult time maintaining MP. Some folks also don't know how or simply don't want to properly balance damage mitigation and damage output, since you need to gear differently and use Grit differently depending on which you're favoring.

I genuinely think there is a casual portion of the userbase that is just wanting XIV to be wow with a more modern art style and they wont be happy until its another dying on the vine clone like Rift. Thank god Yoshi P tends not to cave to the complaints of the modern western "i want to play an mmorpg, but can you make a single player game where i can skip everything and just do a raid finder each week? thaaaankkks" consumer.

and i hate how that makes me sound like an elitist or someone with a chip on their shoulder over the WoW style audience of mmo consumers but SE almost ruined itself around 2008 by listening to complaints for games to be more westernised. 100% of the time it leads to a homogenised, casual snoozefest that drives away the core audience and leaves the suits upstairs going "welp, clearly there isnt an audience for the game like we thought", same with what happened to capcom.

If someone doesnt want a main story, doesnt want to level then they dont want final fantasy. They want world of warcraft. That game exists and is doing fine. There is no need to take something that offers something different and change it to be like something that already exists and you cant compete with.

Deleted
    Hey I returned to Eozera today (I have my level50 Dragoon) and wonder how I can level new jobs up in the most efficient way. I heard about this new deep dungeon and wonder if FATEs and normal dungeons are inferior to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, both sides are a bit of an extreme.

I mean, it's easy to say "Pfft, just do the stuff" as someone that has been all caught up with ARR/HW stuff for a while now. But if you're a new player looking at playing with some existing friends or something, it's a pretty damn daunting set of stuff that you have to click through to get caught up with friends.
    I dunno man, if you want to play with friends but said friends wont do the leveling content with you they probably arent very good friends to begin with. Especially in a game with level scaling. If a friend tells me 'i need to do blank' then i jump on DRK or AST and bam, instant que and we have fun playing together. Its about the journey not the destination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    Hey I returned to Eozera today (I have my level50 Dragoon) and wonder how I can level new jobs up in the most efficient way. I heard about this new deep dungeon and wonder if FATEs and normal dungeons are inferior to it?
    depends on your role but for dps its insanely faster up to the 40's, mix in roulettes and hunting log and you can get 1-50 in a day or two.

Regarding the Prey mechanic, it's difficult, but if people are dying during it, unfortunately as a healer you are mostly to blame. Instead of getting worked up over what other people said about you, analyze what you did wrong, what you can do better, etc. It's very hard to fix someone elses play, but is very easy to fix yours.

Make sure you are utilizing precasts/stoneskins/cooldowns appropriately for Prey. A very, and I mean VERY common mistake I see healers make in low-mid level play is they think that HP bars need to be maxed out at all times. This is actually very false. Knowing which targets require immediate attention, vs. which targets can survive the next 10s matters more. If you have a MNK at 60% HP, and a Prey target at 90% HP, the MNK is not the priority. You can alternatively save Swiftcast for that mechanic specifically if it helps you. Remember a CD that is being saved, when it could/should be used is sub-optimal as well.

If you see your team is missing a lot of health, but there is no immediate danger you don't need to blow a cooldown to heal them, you can take your time.

@dope_danny - WoW has a main story, it's just implemented differently than FF14. It also happens to be extremely solid, especially this go around. There's also arguably more leveling in WoW than FF14. In FF14 your only leveling is the actual level. In WoW you have to level not only your character, but also your artifact and order hall. One thing WoW did better than FF14 story wise is actually making me like the zones I was based on its story. FF14 zones are pretty bland (from a story perspective), but are aesthetically significantly more pleasing. You are more than welcome to refute my statements with examples.

I understand that you have a deep-seated disdain for WoW and that's perfectly fine, but tread carefully when comparing the two unfairly.

Eh, both sides are a bit of an extreme.

I mean, it's easy to say "Pfft, just do the stuff" as someone that has been all caught up with ARR/HW stuff for a while now. But if you're a new player looking at playing with some existing friends or something, it's a pretty damn daunting set of stuff that you have to click through to get caught up with friends.
    We've added two friends who just hit EXDR unlock for the first time, have another FC member's brother just started, and 2 more Twitter-friends just started.

Here's the thing, it's all new to them. They're enjoying it as they would any game they pick up. The catch up mechanics are there later, there's just not enough need for raid focus that it's an issues.

Roulettes and FATEs level sync. Palace of the Dead starts at 1 and can play together. Yoshida fielded a question at fan fest about being able to level sync down to the lower party member's level so you can maintain group while doing things in the world, not just sync for FATEs. The biggest challenge we've faced getting new players up was "Oh man, the queue for Crystal Tower is HOURS long, but I wish I could see it." Thankfully Yoshida has old content kept relevant with things like new drops, new relic related quests, and Wondrous Tails, so we were able to get them through those.

Now, I'll agree they could go back and trim the fat on the 2.x MSQ so it's a bit more streamlined and some MSQ quests are cut out of the MSQ, but I think there is some aspect of just get in there and experience the story. End game isn't going anywhere and neither are your friends. And if they're good friends, they're there to help you speed things along in the leveling process anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    You've heard of Palace of the Dead, which you should be able to unlock; the quest to do so starts in New Gridania, near the Adder's Nest (I forget the exact name of the person...they stand just outside the building there). It's a really nice way to level alt jobs, especially DPS.

I can't provide any data/evidence as to whether or not it's faster than the typical FATE farming. Doing leveling roulette once a day is pretty much a guaranteed level for whatever job you're on. PoTD grants roughly 50% of a level for each set of floors cleared; I've averaged 2.5 levels per full clear on each job I've run it on lately. For me, it's much more preferred, since I'm getting 235 weapons for alt jobs, plus other items that I can sell for gil, and it's been myself and some friends + FC folks having a jolly ol' time in there.

The 2.X stuff is really what I'm referring to, to be honest. HW stuff didn't seem that bad, and 2.0 stuff seemed to flow very well with just the leveling process. But a lot of that 2.X stuff feels a bit like filler extraordinaire.
    It is HORRIBLY bloated with pointless make-work quests. Really? A quest to pick up a box, put it on a wagon, pick up another box, put it on a wagon, pick up ANOTHER box, put it on a wagon? We are paying you to be FedEx employees in the most literal sense of the term? It needs SO much streamlining. The story of it all is fine, it's just the amount of filler is terrible, especially in the first patch or two. It gets a little more streamlined after that, but it's plain they learned a lot from that and how to keep the story moving forward without so much banal junk getting in the way with how HW's MSQ has progressed.

I can definitely appreciate the desire to let people catch up to a new xpac, the slog to current content will just get longer and longer as expansions keep getting added. Personally, I'm hopeful that any new jobs added will start at 50 instead of 30 so there won't be as much work to catch them up to the rest. But if not, then POTD it is. No muss, no fuss, just spam easy run-n-gun crap to stack levels and get some loot while I'm at it. Beats trying to actually tank or heal dungeons I don't like to even DPS, let alone try and do a more important role in.

Why level classes I don't really want to play in group play? Cos I want to see their stories and play around with their abilities. I only do dungeons as much as I have to(when synched, unsynched they're a blast to mow through), I don't touch raids(not current, anyway, see dungeons), so I harm no one by not 'learning'. I hope they'll add more content that appeals to my style of play, such as Hunts and Deep Dungeons where roles are nice but not locked in as a requirement. Alongside the traditional content, too, as I have nothing against others doing Dungeons and Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post

@dope_danny - WoW has a main story, it's just implemented differently than FF14. It also happens to be extremely solid, especially this go around. There's also arguably more leveling in WoW than FF14. In FF14 your only leveling is the actual level. In WoW you have to level not only your character, but also your artifact and order hall. One thing WoW did better than FF14 story wise is actually making me like the zones I was based on its story. FF14 zones are pretty bland (from a story perspective), but are aesthetically significantly more pleasing. You are more than welcome to refute my statements with examples.

I understand that you have a deep-seated disdain for WoW and that's perfectly fine, but tread carefully when comparing the two unfairly.
    Actually this was talking about a max level boost. You do not miss anything in WoW in terms of story because as of Cataclysm the story from barrens to silithus of the nerubians appearing for example doesnt exist. The zones are self contained stories for the most part with things like Darrowshire and so the boost works better there because your current expansion experience isnt as directly tied into the exact same characters. It doensnt mean those contained stories are bad theres a lot i love. But the legend of stalvan was never a deep part of the story of vanilla and so skipping it was less of a deal because so few things were referenced directly again. Thats all, no need to get upset, your game is not under attack dude.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-10-24 at 11:27 PM.

Deleted
    Wow, 2 low level dungeons and non completed... Never happened before I too a break, so many toxic players who hate each other, kick each other and then leave me alone in the dungeon...