Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I tested this theory personally, and am challenging you guys to do the same. I decided to pick the longest travel path I could think of, and coupled into with the longest WQ I could think of and settled for Darkbrul Arena with the FP to Thunder Totem (closest one). Going from Dalaran with a glider, I took the FP from Krasus Landing to Thunder Totem, ran east from there and then crossed the river south going up Snowblind Pass, very near the summit I jumped off with a glider (yes, anyone can use these now) and glided into the cave while clicking off the glider to fall into the arena. I then proceeded to complete the quest. Without walking away from the computer or afk'ing one time (and a bit of luck of being unhindered by other players since it is pvp), it took me 5 1/2 minutes to get there and roughly 10 minutes to complete the quest. Travel longer than quest completion my ass. Now, if you want to case by case it, sure, we could look at travel from Dal to Stormheim and jumping the cliff there to get in a boat as that equals about 3 minutes of travel and 2 mins to complete, but this is no where near equal the level you want to make it of 10 mins of travel for a 2 min quest.

- - - Updated - - -

If not 7.2 then simply means that 7.2 is not the middle of the xpac and hopefully Blizzard has lots of more content in store as they have said they want to give more content over the course of the xpac's life.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, as you can freely change weapons even in combat, you could put on the pole as you run around on your favorite mount (assuming you have the artifact by now).
    Yeah, let's test ONE WQ (you travel from WQ to WQ, they are all over the place in the zone), starting from the HIGHEST possible place to conveniently glide down.

How about anything in Faronaar (Azsuna). There is a flight point even, but nagivating in that little shitty island is a nightmare. Mobs are packed, the green goo/terrain near it is placed in a way where you simply can't jump out of it sometimes, so you end up dying in the goo, running from million mobs, desperately trying to get out of the green shit. It was my absolute favorite around hfc too.... (/sarcasm)
    Getting to today's pet battle wq Chromadon (Stormheim)? Omnitron defense system is a good example too.
    World quest "Assaulting the Haglands?" (Highmountain) Highmountain has more, oh for example from today "Gunksnout Infestation".
    Valsharah the cleanse the nightmare quests near Shala'nir. They are literally next to the flight point, yet mob density and terrain terracing makes it extremely annoying. Getting WQs in the Thas'talah or near the Smoldering THicket area, even from Lorlathil............. Or the other side, anything near the Dreamgrove (fishing/pet battle wqs). That's a nice trip from Bradensbrook.
    And now my main point. Let's get to the Smoldering Thicket from Shal'aran, and your whistle is on a 3 mins cd. Then let's go do a WQ in Thastalah (like the tree planting WQ).

Do you have the fishing artifact? Because you only gain waterwalking unmounted.... When you mount up, the waterwalking is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    So, now I am required to grind fishing artifact to be able to traverse the land without going mental? Right? I wonder if you're a blizzard dev in disguise, since this looks like typical modern blizzard kind of ideas. "We put fishing content in the game, therefore we must make all the players to do it".
    Don't worry, you can't even do what he suggests
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-10-24 at 07:59 PM.

So, now I am required to grind fishing artifact to be able to traverse the land without going mental? Right? I wonder if you're a blizzard dev in disguise, since this looks like typical modern blizzard kind of ideas. "We put fishing content in the game, therefore we must make all the players to do it".

Maybe, just maybe, some day we will see an expansion which do not attempt to steal our character's power to give it back year after, and instead it rises our character's power to new heights. I certainly hope so.
    Nope, no requirement at all. You can mount the waterstrider full time, mount a regular mount and switch when you come to water, stay on the mount you want and swim across/find a bridge, or get the fishing artifact and equip when you come to a stream. Nice spin attempt though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Yeah, let's test ONE WQ (you travel from WQ to WQ, they are all over the place in the zone), starting from the HIGHEST possible place to conveniently glide down.

How about anything in Faronaar (Azsuna). There is a flight point even, but nagivating in that little shitty island is a nightmare. Mobs are packed, the green goo/terrain near it is placed in a way where you simply can't jump out of it sometimes, so you end up dying in the goo, running from million mobs, desperately trying to get out of the green shit. It was my absolute favorite around hfc too.... (/sarcasm)
    Getting to today's pet battle wq Chromadon (Stormheim)? Omnitron defense system is a good example too.
    World quest "Assaulting the Haglands?" (Highmountain) Highmountain has more, oh for example from today "Gunksnout Infestation".
    Valsharah the cleanse the nightmare quests near Shala'nir. They are literally next to the flight point, yet mob density and terrain terracing makes it extremely annoying. Getting WQs in the Thas'talah or near the Smoldering THicket area, even from Lorlathil............. Or the other side, anything near the Dreamgrove (fishing/pet battle wqs). That's a nice trip from Bradensbrook.
    And now my main point. Let's get to the Smoldering Thicket from Shal'aran, and your whistle is on a 3 mins cd. Then let's go do a WQ in Thastalah (like the tree planting WQ).

Do you have the fishing artifact? Because you only gain waterwalking unmounted.... When you mount up, the waterwalking is gone.

Don't worry, you can't even do what he suggests
    Navigating what island, the demon one that is one solid path the entire way around? The same area as you said where the WQ's are right next to the FP and you start doing them the first mob you come to, or spend 1 min going to a portal to clear that one? Oh, Omnitron is hard to get to, didn't realize that as a FP is less than a 1 minute run getting to. Why would you go to Bradensbrook when the quests you reference are easier to access and a straight northwest shot from the mid FP? Or the southern tip ones are actually very close to the northern Azsuna FP's? Assaulting the Haglands, another WQ that's about 30 seconds from a FP? Not to mention a little ingenuity with the LW'ing saddle and you completely bypass all daze mechanics. All of your points are countered by the fact that so far, every WQ, with the exception of gen example I posted, take no more than about 30 seconds-2 minutes running to from a FP. The one in my example is THE longest travel from a FP, as well as the longest from a starting point of Dalaran.
    Did not know that about the fishing artifact as I'm usually fishing with the raft as it's quicker when fishing my primary resource (black barracuda) in Suramar at the outskirts of the city and I never have to mount/dismount. So I'll retract that idea of the fishing pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    1.) How about Blizz is getting a grip? They have opened pandorras box, and they don't realize that they can't close it. Trying to shove "no flight til X" down players throat doesn't seem to work in some cases (still more people want flight than people how wish flight to be gone).

2.) Yes immersion is subjective. Tell that to Blizzard who try to use immersion as an argument for delaying / scratching flight in game.

3.) Well yes. Blizzard wanted it, and as far as i see their thick skulled "i want it this way or i go home and take my shiny toy with me"-attitude did harm the game more than flight ever did in the past 9 years before that. If they ever understand that if they have an successful product, they can NOT do what they want but have to do what their customers want. This is like always the case when you become a "slave to your success", playing time is over and businesstime starts. So what to tell Blizzard about flying: deal with it! And bring it back the way it was.... Well i would like the pathfinderway too (just not how it is right now) or better an epic questchain, as long as it wasn't gated behind some stupid "you'll have to wait X-month to finally unlock it".

We are lucky? You know why they made those changes? Blizzard is lucky because if they hadn't made those changes they would have lost many more players. Stop pretending that WoW-players are all addicts that have no choice but to pay and play this game and should be greatful for everything Blizzard throws at them.
    1. They are trying again by giving alts the flight whistle in patch 7.1. I think this effort will fail and will force more players to ask for flying to return.

2. Immersion argument went out the window when a commander or wielder of a legendary can't use a flying mount.

3. Bean counters made WoW devs bring back flight in Legion. It looks like the bean counters are going to do the arm twisting but the player have to do their part again to circle the wagons.

WoW devs are indeed lucky that they didn't lose so many players over the no flying forever fiasco in WoD. Not sure why they are doubling down the stupid and pushing their luck a second time around haha. I guess we just have to wait and see if this becomes a dumpster fire again or not.

Patch 7.2 is going to accelerate a lot of things and thoughts about Legion expansion, especially regarding the future of flight in Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    1. They are trying again by giving alts the flight whistle in patch 7.1. I think this effort will fail and will force more players to ask for flying to return.

2. Immersion argument went out the window when a commander or wielder of a legendary can't use a flying mount.

3. Bean counters made WoW devs bring back flight in Legion. It looks like the bean counters are going to do the arm twisting but the player have to do their part again to circle the wagons.
    Aside from confusing Draenor for Legion, I think most of your personal opinion is just that... opinion. Until you show some definitive proof that flight saved WoD, and it was the "bean counters" as you call them, I am of the opinion you are simply pulling things from your hat and passing them as "facts".

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Aside from confusing Draenor for Legion, I think most of your personal opinion is just that... opinion. Until you show some definitive proof that flight saved WoD, and it was the "bean counters" as you call them, I am of the opinion you are simply pulling things from your hat and passing them as "facts".
    Not to mention that since he's been posting it was "Legion launch will gen horrible and the outcry will be great," then "with no flight in 7.1 the outcry will be real and Blizzard will be forced to change things," and now it's moved to "7.2 will be the end of Legion with no flight involved." I just wonder if he/she will move on or keep going so if there ever is any kind of outcry he/she can post "See!
    I told you Blizzard will be forced to change!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Not to mention that since he's been posting it was "Legion launch will gen horrible and the outcry will be great," then "with no flight in 7.1 the outcry will be real and Blizzard will be forced to change things," and now it's moved to "7.2 will be the end of Legion with no flight involved." I just wonder if he/she will move on or keep going so if there ever is any kind of outcry he/she can post "See!
    I told you Blizzard will be forced to change!"
    He has no real argument, so his only hope is to move the goalposts and hope no one is paying attention. Legion will get flight. In the meantime, people just need to adjust to the fact that no amount of "feedback" on a 3rd party fan site is going to make Blizz wake up, realize they screwed up (which they haven't), and put flight in one minute before they are ready. Just kills me that people are allowed to continue lying and exaggerating, and never have any repercussions.

Maybe, just maybe, some day we will see an expansion which do not attempt to steal our character's power to give it back year after, and instead it rises our character's power to new heights. I certainly hope so.
    That would be nice. Like I have said before you don't hand someone a hammer when the house has already been built. If flying is a tool then you don't hand it to the player when the expansion is over. If it is purely a toy to be enjoyed at the end of the expansion, then why the patchfinder requirements? No other toy in the game requires this. No other feature that is a tool to use to assist a player is so heavily gated.

They tried that stunt with the water strider and WoD flying removal and so far here is the score:

WoW devs: 0
    Players: 2

Patch 7.2 is going to be very interesting to say the least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Patch 7.2 is going to be very interesting to say the least.
    Guess we'll find out next summer.

The new flight whistle has an cutscene animation where the player loses even more control and then when you are on the flight path you have no control over as well. Utlimate AFK experience.

This will probably hasten the push to release flight in Legion as they managed to make a gimmick like flight whistle worse in patch 7.1

7+ Year Old Account
    The new flight whistle has an cutscene animation where the player loses even more control and then when you are on the flight path you have no control over as well. Utlimate AFK experience.

This will probably hasten the push to release flight in Legion as they managed to make a gimmick like flight whistle worse in patch 7.1
    The new content in 7.1 has its own cutscenes where players are immersed in the content of Kara and they have complete control. This will probably push back the release of flight to 7.2 or 7.3 since you can't use a whistle in an instance.

See, I can offer OPINION as well.

- - - Updated - - -

So, there I was in the Firelands, doing my weekly thing farming gear and stuff for Tarecogosa, when all of a sudden I go to pop my Goblin Glider and swoop down the long walkway toward Ragnaros (just as I have done each week for the past few years) when low and behold... it failed. I tried again, and again. So I went outside, took the Thorn Portal back toward the entrance to jump and glide from up top... and it failed there too.

Turns out, with 7.1, they ninja nerfed gliders from working in large instances lol. Not only did they gate flight, but they actually restricted the use of a flight-type mechanic like gliding. Guess they really are trying to remove it from the new expansions moving forward. Not that it bothers me one way or another, but was a flight related incident tied to 7.1.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    My main is a mage with many useful tools (invisibility, blink, snare, feather fall) and no gathering professions (and I need to kill random mobs for cloth and green items to disenchant if I would run empty on mats which is not the case at the moment), so I would not complain at all - but I miss flying, and I would be glad to spare me some annoying travel / ways which I am fed up with for quite a time. While I still do WQs and emissary quest for AP and some other benefits, and have to finish 200 WQs to unlock an alternative for my hidden skin I got about a week ago, I would never ever do all more WQs than I find worthwile and quite stopped with archaeology after getting to 800, because this profession was made even worse than in WoD.

My oldest alt is a rogue, so collecting herbs on that character is not that bad. I also got the useful toys (glider, emerald winds) and some engineering gliders in reserve. This plus waterstrider plus sky golem make farming herbs bearable. I don't know if I will be farming herbs much on my healer (priest) though. Currently, I only play classes which either have a vanish mechanic or a tank pet. This should be telling all about their incredible world design, which is made worse by scaling mobs. Honestly, the only areas where mobs kill me is the Suramar elite area, when you have bad luck with running through too many anti-illusion units. But no matter where, you get the maximum of the annoyance, because your aggro range does not change.

I want flying back. I am bored by the open world already, and I would like to reduce the duration of the boring parts (actually doing quests is OK, but travelling is not), and to see areas where I have not been before (because it's either not possible to reach without dropping down and gliding, or too pointless or annoying to go to in the first place).

Edit: You can be bored even if you have things to do, possibly even more so. If your things to do are mindnumbing, for example. I have a decent item level for a character who only have done about 5 mythic dungeons and exactly 1 EN normal raid boss (and every lockout of world bosses) - 854 - and the only quests I have to pay attention to are the big group quest in Suramar elite area. I can do small group quests perfectly fine by myself.
    I can tell you right now even with classes with stealth, WoW devs went out of their way to make it painful to these classes to utilize stealth in Legion. For some reason they fear players bypassing their world content but it makes no sense given most of the content is gated behind:

Order hall missions
    Instanced content

New patch 7.1 content is gated behind instanced content or followers doing their thing off screen of player involvement.

That is why restricting flight makes no sense.

And if patch 7.2 is an underwater zone, then that only reinforces there is no reason to gate flying from the Broken Isles.

7+ Year Old Account
    New patch 7.1 content is gated behind instanced content or followers doing their thing off screen of player involvement.

And if patch 7.2 is an underwater zone, then that only reinforces there is no reason to gate flying from the Broken Isles.
    Not sure why you think being underwater justifies unlocking flight. You're... under water...

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749698370

Players are protesting turning the flight whistle into a cinematic. WoW devs wasting resources on this when they could have used the resources to test flight and have it ready to go for Legion's Broken Isles instead.

This is clearly a situation of mismanagement of resources and expectations. The large assumption players were okay with the flight whistle because no one protested it. But now WoW devs are trying to create it as a mainstay by providing a cinematic to it, and it is backfiring in their faces.

Lets hope they show this much dedication to testing flying for a "mid expansion" release as they are showing to an expansion specific toy gimmick like Legion's flight whistle.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the cinematic was a nice touch. Instead of just fading to black and loading, this adds something more interesting to view. It's the same whistle, with an improved view. Honestly, some kids will just complain about anything... as evidenced by this thread.

Yeah, some people really complain about anything

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749796399

I mean look at the downvotes OP got too. Jeeeez! What a complainer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I like the cinematic. It's much better and more appropriate than the literal 'fade to black' .

I can tell you right now even with classes with stealth, WoW devs went out of their way to make it painful to these classes to utilize stealth in Legion. For some reason they fear players bypassing their world content but it makes no sense given most of the content is gated behind:

Order hall missions
    Instanced content

What /played do you have at lvl 110 because I'm coming up to 10 days and the majority of my time is still spent on world content?

I thought mafic hasn't played since beta and doesn't currently have an active subscription?

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749698370

Players are protesting turning the flight whistle into a cinematic. WoW devs wasting resources on this when they could have used the resources to test flight and have it ready to go for Legion's Broken Isles instead.

This is clearly a situation of mismanagement of resources and expectations. The large assumption players were okay with the flight whistle because no one protested it. But now WoW devs are trying to create it as a mainstay by providing a cinematic to it, and it is backfiring in their faces.

Lets hope they show this much dedication to testing flying for a "mid expansion" release as they are showing to an expansion specific toy gimmick like Legion's flight whistle.
    Literally no-one in that thread thinks the cinematic team should be reassigned to world-building in preparation for flight and for the most part the biggest complaints are that the change is pointless, though most people seem to think the complaint is a even more pointless. That's a far cry from the whistle backfiring in their faces. Even the OP doesn't think it's that big a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    the concept of immersion is subjective, i feel highly immersive the progression walking->ground mount->flying we experience from low level to high level, i feel immersive that an hero who has faced many powerful foe come on a majestic dragon, swipe down and kill a bunch of peasants mobs to recover something and the fly away leaving only ruin behind him, etc.

Flying is another piece of the puzzle that distinguish a seasoned hero from a stupid mob, is progression and is immersive, wpvp is a non reason to impede flying first because 60% or so play on pve servers and second because there are many mechanisms to ensure, on pvp servers only, that peoples once engaged cannot escape easily with a mount.

The only reason why blizzard has put it on hold is that by designing zones without fly and only reintroducing it when that won't matter anymore they save lot of time when crafting the new continent, it can be smaller and less populated and honestly i will never accept a slacker reason like that from a company who gain millions.

Also Pathfinder part 1 is already enough to unlock flying today is 16 october and i've already completed it and i'm a super casual player, i only need the xavius kill just because they haven't enabled it on lfr that mean that to begin with the content is that much but is only stratched by blizzard using gating mechanics.
    or its because majority of people dont like flying and as a compromise we can have it at the end. It will have its time though when it comes.