Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Actually, what he is arguing is that the Supreme Court are merely fulfilling their role.

In their understanding of the law...the Prosecution's case did not meet with the standards set.

They are not saying that the boy may have given consent...legally speaking, he cannot do that. That's why the conviction of sexual abuse stands.

They are saying that prosecution did not make the case that the boy was an unwilling participant and the the accused used force against him.
    If you aren't an unwilling participant, you...

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Sure, whatever.
    Go reinstate the death penalty for petty theft in your country.
    In the meantime I am just going to laugh while your murder-rate triples every decade.
    Its the police murdering people that causes this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Nothing is wrong with religion.
    "Religion" doesn't rape children. People do that...and they don't need to be attached to a religion to do so.

Sure, whatever.
    In the meantime I am just going to laugh while your murder-rate triples every decade.
    In countries that have harsh penalties for theft that is not the case. If what you are saying correlated in any way it would be observed in the rest of the world outside of countries using common/civil law.

"Religion" doesn't rape children. People do that...and they don't need to be attached to a religion to do so.
    People are inherently good.
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.

Sure, whatever.
    Most of the world is going to laugh at you for such weak "progressive" stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    If you aren't an unwilling participant, you...
    Let me put it to you this way:

A person over the age of majority has sex with a Minor. The minor willingly engaged in the sex...but the person is still guilty of statutory rape because, as a minor, legal consent could not be given.

This man has been convicted of what amounts to statutory rape. The Supreme Court has upheld that conviction. What the SC has issues with is that, in their educated opinion, the prosecution did not properly prove that the boy was unwilling and the man forced himself upon him anyway.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-10-24 at 10:08 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Yeah I also agree that, if the criminal wasn't a refugee, but a white male, and if the victim was a 10yr girl instead of a boy, he would have been crucified publicly by now.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7370916.html
    Somebody forgot to tell the judge in this case.

People are inherently good.
    You seem to be drifting further and further away from your original point point, friend.

You seem to be drifting further and further away from your original point point, friend.
    So who is to fault, Capt Apologist?

So who is to fault, Capt Apologist?
    What, exactly, am I apologizing for?

What, exactly, am I apologizing for?
    Well first it was a particular religion, then it was religion in general. Guns dont kill people, people kill people, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I mean are you simple?

Let me put this really clearly for you.

Pete has sex with a 15 year old, Pete gets arrested and sent to prison for sexually abusing a child. Pete was 19 and the girl was his GF, she "consented" in as much as she wanted it.

Dave forced a 15 year old to have sex with him. They want to make sure Dave gets a more serious sentence than Pete, because on top of having sex with an underage he raped her. So they make provisions in the law for this. Its a bit more like a standard rape trial on top of the statutory rape trial, to prove the girl didn't consent.

Do you understand this?
    To be fair though, that scenario has literally nothing to do with this case - or at least it certainly shouldn't. Any country that even ponders whether or not a 10 year old gave consent to such an act, simply isn't worthy of being refered to as "civilized" in that context. The entire notion that you could rape a 10 year old in physically the same manner, yet one of the cases is seen as being "less bad" due to the demeanor of the prepubescent in question, is so seriously out of whack that it's almost embarrassing to contemplate. A 19 year old and his 15 year old girlfriend is not even in the same ballpark, or the same postal code - heck, not even on the same continent, if one is to be completely honest.
    Last edited by Sama-81; 2016-10-24 at 10:16 PM.

Well first it was a particular religion, then it was religion in general. Guns dont kill people, people kill people, correct?
    I'm not really sure where you're pulling all this from...but I'm fairly certain you are being deliberately provocative towards me with the intent of eliciting an angry response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldborg View Post
    A 10-year-old boy has no idea what it means to give consent, aside from some prodigies. He hasn't even hit puberty yet.

Furthermore, he probably wouldn't be thinking about consent if he's a normal kid having fun at the pool...

EDIT: And refugess don't know about masturbation? It's an extremely common, even natural, practice. Why does the perpetrator need to overpower a 10-yo just to alleviate a "sexual emergency."
    Except there is no thing as a "sexual emergency"...this rapist acted like a animal and should be treated like a animal...instead with all this PC crap, a rapist gets off scott free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    To be fair though, that scenario has literally nothing to do with this case - or at least it certainly shouldn't. Any country that even ponders whether or not a 10 year old gave consent to such an act, simply isn't worthy of being refered to as "civilized" in that context. The entire notion that you could rape a 10 year old in physically the same manner, yet one of the cases is seen as being "less bad" due to the demeanor of the prepubescent in question, is so seriously out of whack that it's almost embarrassing to contemplate. A 19 year old and his 15 year old girlfriend is not even in the same ballpark, or the same postal code - heck, not even on the same continent, if one is to be completely honest.
    Yes that's the point, it needs a higher degree of charge. So that's what they're doing. To seperate him for a standard "statutory rape" charge they have a higher charge, which is what they're pushing onto this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Except there is no thing as a "sexual emergency"...this rapist acted like a animal and should be treated like a animal...instead with all this PC crap, a rapist gets off scott free.
    The re-trial is not expected to begin until next year, with the defendant remaining in custody.
    He is not getting off scott free. The conviction for sexual assault of a minor stands as is. He will be retried for the rape charge as the Supreme Court did not feel the prosecutions case was strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yes that's the point, it needs a higher degree of charge. So that's what they're doing. To seperate him for a standard "statutory rape" charge they have a higher charge, which is what they're pushing onto this guy.
    My point is rather that it ought to be literally impossible to only get a statuatory rape-charge in any situation even remotely similar to this one, thus negating the need to "re-charge" him in the first place. That it apparantly isn't, is the truly sad part in all of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is not getting off scott free. The conviction for sexual assault of a minor stands as is. He will be retried for the rape charge as the Supreme Court did not feel the prosecutions case was strong enough.
    Either way...he acted like a animal...I say treat him like one. But that wont happen...because everyone wants to be all PC and bend to the refugees will instead of them trying to conform with the generous nations that took them in.

I'm not really sure where you're pulling all this from...but I'm fairly certain you are being deliberately provocative towards me with the intent of eliciting an angry response.
    Oh you can say trolling, its ok if Endus agrees with your points. So whose fault is this situation? Just humans being humans in your opinion?