Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The biggest issue for me is reputation. I wouldn't care about a class change if they would just make pre-expansion rep account wide. I actually do have a boosted char that I'm playing equal time with my main, but I CANNOT STAND that his rep tab is almost blank. He's still neutral with Undercity ffs.

Another minor complaint are things like fishing and archaeology. I can live without junk that isn't collectable anymore. But just the rep, that's all I'd need to give myself over to another main.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Or the experience that dictated by boring dull unrewarding piss poor gameplay.
    There are players who enjoy alts, perhaps even more than playing a main.
    Somewhat kills that argument.
    You don't enjoy something, that is the only fact here.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Nah, we already got boosts for characters, but I sure do wish that all factions rep got boosts like mop factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    If it were up to me, it'd be like FFXIV where you have every class on one character.

But oh well.
    Main reason why I coulden't continue to play it. Ruins the immersion for me when one guy can do everything by himself. Classes in wow and FF have a strong identity.

No. I would instead rather see more stuff go account wide (PVP rewards, reputations). Then you can just buy a character boost.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    People bring this up like it could possibly work but it can't possibly work.

No, I don't personally care if this was available.

If someone is shitty with their current class, they will be shitty on whatever they change to.

Same thing, but for good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    People bring this up like it could possibly work but it can't possibly work.
    Yup, too much gear conversions would have to happen. I don't see them putting the manpower behind this type of programming.

I think they're happy with the 60 dollar boost system

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Is this the sex change of wow?
    They've had that for years.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    They've had that for years.
    I thinks he's equating it to a real life sex change, aka the biggest change a person could go through.

If blizzard were to implement class changes, it should only be usable once every expansion to discourage FOTM rerolling, and come in suboptimal gear, scaled to be all the average ilvl of your gear, so there would be a gearing commitment, but the new class wouldn't be completely freshly dinged.

There should also be a lowered price to choose to be unable to re customize the character if the class was usable for the same race.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-10-25 at 01:32 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    After seeing the 7.1 patchnotes I would very much welcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

Why?

- Because my Rogue has ALL (except Shendralar) factions you can have at 999/1000 exalted.
    - I have earned EVERY achievement on the Rogue. Not 1 achiv (except Legendary item achievements my Rogue can't equip) is earned on another character. Even though they are "acc wide", you still see the "Earned by" on them, I want that for my main!
    - There are a few mounts character specific.
    - TONS and TONS of items that can't be obtained again. Not only rare xmog items, but for instance, old vanilla attunement items, such as the Onyxia necklace etc.
    - I have done ALL, every single quest in the game my Rogue can do on the Rogue. Both retired and available ones.
    - And a few other things, minor stuff that can't be redone.
    -Having all reps at exalted doesn't make your character any stronger or weaker. And no one cares. Its OCD, u have to get checked. I think its just embarrassing having all reps at exalted if someone armory me, thats why i set all my toons to "display single character achievements"

-Only pvp mounts are character specific, if you dont even ride them, whats the big deal.

-If there are plenty of junk items that sits in you bank, i think thats a good indication to retire a character.

-Again doing all quests for a single character doesn't make it stronger. Its just OCD.

None of these things matter. No one cares. Its just your OCD and u have to get checked. Everything that matters are account wide now.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    After seeing the 7.1 patchnotes I would very much welcome it.
    Then the game would be literally just holy paladins, prot warriors, fire mages, and maybe enhancement shamans.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Why are people against this? Who cares what people spend their money on. Does it affect you in any way?

Make some requirement where you need to have at least a level 100 of the class you want to change to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    Then the game would be literally just holy paladins, prot warriors, fire mages, and maybe enhancement shamans.
    funny that you say that. I would actually ditch my warlock for a mage ^____^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I haven't seen many discussions about this.

What would you say about a paid class change feature. Just like Race or Faction change?

I have played the same character since vanilla, and never re-rolled or put much effort into any alt. This has made my main stick out quite a lot from the other characters I play. However, I am starting to dislike Rogue more and more in Legion and many times I have wanted to re-roll.

But I feel like I can't.

Why?

- Because my Rogue has ALL (except Shendralar) factions you can have at 999/1000 exalted.
    - I have earned EVERY achievement on the Rogue. Not 1 achiv (except Legendary item achievements my Rogue can't equip) is earned on another character. Even though they are "acc wide", you still see the "Earned by" on them, I want that for my main!
    - There are a few mounts character specific.
    - TONS and TONS of items that can't be obtained again. Not only rare xmog items, but for instance, old vanilla attunement items, such as the Onyxia necklace etc.
    - I have done ALL, every single quest in the game my Rogue can do on the Rogue. Both retired and available ones.
    - And a few other things, minor stuff that can't be redone.

All these things prevent me from rerolling since I want my main to be optimal, which my Rogue pretty much is.

Therefore I would LOVE a class change. That way I keep all these things. Rogue-only items etc would be converted or removed of course.

What would you say about a class change feature? I don't see ANY downside.

Some people argued that "we'll see tons of inexperienced people" BUT we already do with easy leveling. Besides, people rerolling are experienced in the game and prolly a bit in the class they want to change too, as they prolly tried it before and fall in love with it.
    I'll say no to FotM class changes, but I do agree that everything one character has earned must be available on all the other ones also. Functional or convenience exceptions might apply.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    If it were up to me, it'd be like FFXIV where you have every class on one character.

But oh well.
    I would be content if they would introduce a 4th spec to all pure DPS classes, so they can either heal or tank. I surely would use this option with my main (Mage). It would probably also help with group constellations and availability of roles.

Logging off of your Orc Warrior named "Smorewar" and to a login screen and then clicking on your Orc Death Knight named "Smoredk" isn't immersion breaking, but your world-saving mighty hero putting his sword away and picking up an axe is?
    It's not about switching weapons. It's that my Smorepala suddenly stops praising the light and using it and respec into a Smorelock to summon demons and use fel magic, and then switch back again when it's convenient. Especially now with the order halls, it would make little sense to be the leader for two or more classes.

Although leveling a warrior and then have him die by LK's hand to be turned into a dk does sound cool. They should have done that with wrath. But he woulden't be a regular warrior anymore. He would be a dk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I would be content if they would introduce a 4th spec to all pure DPS classes, so they can either heal or tank. I surely would use this option with my main (Mage). It would probably also help with group constellations and availability of roles.
    Everything I read this i remember that one:
    http://www.thedailyblink.com/2011/03...-healing-spec/

7+ Year Old Account
    must be for free if you are a shaman elemental.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

How someone chooses to spend their money or play their character is no concern of mine, so I've no issue with such a paid service other than it would potentially be reason for Blizzard to withhold QoL improvements for alts because there'd be more money in people doing paid class changes.

What don't you like about rogue?

My only problem with this is I like playing other races. I get tired of watching the same animations all the time. So, I personally would not take advantage of one character being able to be all classes. I'm not particularly against it other than I'd worry if they did implement something like that it would mean the game would continue to be alt unfriendly because there'd theoretically be no need for alts.

At this point, I'd be happy if they'd just make reputation account wide, which I feel is long overdue.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson