Yeah I'm sure the staff of Nostalrius is looking to move into protected custody with Edward Snowden in Russia so they can run a fucking WoW server. smfh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Except the countless number of people that have played and since quit the largest MMO of all time, that want to relive the feeling they had from the good old days. Not to mention the incredibly high number of people that have always wanted to give the vanilla experience a go, but werent around to see it. You cant look at game trends when WoW in and of itself still perplexes the analysts on how and why it got so popular.
    Thousands among billions of people...

How many of these people who don't pirate vanilla wow will stick around? If they made a legacy server? You think there would be millions? Who will play the same old game that will never evolve for years to come? What about those people who just wanted to play pirate wow because it was free and they didn't want to fork out $15 a month for a sub? They aren't going to help...

Lets face it, Blizzard doesn't see it worth the effort and they are right.

But this post was useless...zealots refuse to take of their nostalgia glasses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Big mistake.

The issue is only going to be continue and become stronger.
    You guys act like this is Washington and Jefferson against the King of England.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Haha okay but this situation is a TAD different. Blizz knows who these people are and I'm sure can find them far easier than random people hosting a server in Russia.
    what does "find them" even mean? will blizzard send their corporate hitmen on the nost people and make them (under the threat of physical violence) shut down nost?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    What you have to understand is that the wow vanilla crow aren't die hard and hardcore in the slightest but rather are the players who play tabletop RPG, boardgames and games like league of legend (the people Blizzard as a company catered to before their fusion with activision). Where legion tries mostly to cater to video games players.

But for all I know you could have separate subscriptions for the two games, that's not the issue.
    I'm not so sure on that claim. I was a hardcore tabletop RPG and boardgame player back when I first tried out World of Warcraft, but compared with those games Vanilla WoW felt just stifling and slow. A trip from one city to another that would be handled in a time-skip and maybe a random encounter by a competent GM took 10 minutes on foot in World of Warcraft. The combat was also about as engaging as your average low-level D&D 3e Fighter's repertoire ("I hit him with my sword") as well. If Wrath of the Lich King hadn't released while I was leveling my characters in Burning Crusade, I would probably not have played WoW for longer than just a couple of months.

Anyway, you're absolutely right that Vanilla WoW caters to a different demographic than Retail WoW does now. But I don't think that demographic can be identified with any other games. It's just people who like the kind of slower, more complex gameplay Vanilla has to offer. How big is that demographic? No idea. Probably only Blizzard can do that sort of research. But it exists and it could be catered to. It's just a matter of them figuring out a good, sustainable way to do it. And yes, that would include Battle.net integration and likely other improvements to the game that they have made since Vanilla came out. I highly doubt the developers would simply dust off Vanilla and put it up without alterations, even if that's what a lot of people are asking for. It's just now how Blizzard works: they can't stand to see the flaws in their original design going unfixed.

I'd like to see separate subscriptions, mostly because Legacy and Retail would be two completely different games.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No update until after the Con and I honestly don't think they'll be worried about putting resources on it right now. Legion still has so much to go it would hurt the patch cycle.
    It wouldn't hurt the patch cycle as it would be a different team, but we won't go over that again.

Legion is indeed going strong and I can wait a bit for the time being. I wouldn't have much time to play on it anyway, not with every games releasing and Legion's time sink.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by leayouho View Post
    what does "find them" even mean? will blizzard send their corporate hitmen on the nost people and make them (under the threat of physical violence) shut down nost?
    It was kind of meaning that you know they've met the people and likely know WHO they are now, so can sue them personally if they try something as stupid as putting out vanilla servers again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Big mistake.

The issue is only going to be continue and become stronger.
    So big. So Strong. Not worth talking about at Blizzcon.

No, Nostalrius' crew mostly live in France, and that's a company Blizzard can sue them from. They can't force the server to be shut down, but they can sue the people running the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    No, Nostalrius' crew mostly live in France, and that's a company Blizzard can sue them from. They can't force the server to be shut down, but they can sue the people running the server.
    I don't think Nost will retaliate. That would be stupid. We don't have all the facts about Blizzard's plan with it - and unless we know that we're being toyed with, I don't see them giving headaches to Blizzard. All they want is an actual, legal Vanilla server.

If that fail and clearly become impossible, then I expect them to do something. But we're not even close to that right now.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I wonder if they'll screen people before they come into Blizzcon to make sure that no one will bring it up. <.<

Deleted
    Blizzcon is going to be the most boring piece of crap ever now.
    Sad story

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Blizzcon is going to be the most boring piece of crap ever now.
    Sad story
    Speak for yourself. I'm really looking forward to whatever they might have in mind for Diablo.

Deleted
    Speak for yourself. I'm really looking forward to whatever they might have in mind for Diablo.
    Not a big fan of Diablo. Would only be excited if they announce this new secret project and if for some reason is an action game based on Diablo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, they're going to magically whip up a team out of thin air. I love how you guys think.
    I used to work in the industry before going indie. I know what the hell I'm speaking about.

Plus, if your argument had any value whatsoever, how could you even explain that world of warcraft content is being released at an unprecedented rate, yet many of its senior employees have either left the project or left Blizzard altogether?

Hmm. Curious.
    Google Diversity Memo

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Which can lead to increased bottom line profit. WoW is selling so strongly that they have stopped reporting its sales and the last year in which it was reported revenue was almost half a billion down from its peak. However even if this was not case why would strong sales prevent a company from exploring avenues that might lead to increased profitability?
    You have yet to make a case on why should Blizzard cut their own profits. There is no reason at all to do that. WoW is selling well enough on its own. Or are you implying that Vanilla is so weak it cannot stand on its own and needs to be bundled for free into retail WoW's subscription fee to survive?

But seriously what monitor has been released or will be released that will require patching WoW?
    Funny how the only piece of hardware you keep hammering on is the monitor.

No, I am not.
    Yes. Yes, you are. Two products, A and B, both which cost money to both assemble and maintain. However, only product A is being sold for cash, the other, B, is offered for free. Two expenses, only one income. That means loss of profits than just working with product A. The 'gain' of profit only comes if bundling product B with A would increase the sales of product A. However, it'll hardly be the case here, as there would be a lot of people against this, and would likely stop purchasing product A.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you, but at the same time, I hope that they have lied about the time slots to hide an announcement or something, otherwise its got very little time again.

C'mon guys,repeat the same things over and over.Almost at 2k pages.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Or.... serve a lawsuit directly to their doorstep?

At least they said "after the show". Maybe in mid-december before they go on their 2 week holiday break

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarun View Post
    I agree with you, but at the same time, I hope that they have lied about the time slots to hide an announcement or something, otherwise its got very little time again.
    We'll see. If they pull and Overwatch and go "this is what we have, and you can play an alpha version right now in that room to the left!" I feel a short announcement window would be justified.

But this is off-topic, so I'll stop here. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    C'mon guys,repeat the same things over and over.Almost at 2k pages.
    See, that's why I browse the forum with 40 posts per page. This thing hasn't even reached 795 pages!