Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    So, asking for someone to be reasonable with their class is forbidden in heroics?

My guild is casual as hell but we still ask people to do 180k dps if they want to do heroics. The amount of people in 850 gear that can't hit that is mind blowing.
    Some specs, single target, will have a harder time hitting that number @ 850 than others.

7+ Year Old Account
    AotC is a good first step. Logs are the more important factor imo. I want to SEE that you know what you are doing. Logs will tell me definitively that you do or do not.

AotC is not enough to get you into the top guilds. Try applying for a guild that is just starting on mythic instead.

It definitely depends on what progression the "top guilds" on your server are at. If they are 4+ mythic progression, then AotC doesn't mean much to them, as you are way behind their progression. If they are 1-2 mythic then perhaps they don't need more people or something.

The biggest thing to remember though is, don't try and jump too far in progression. A lot of times guilds will recruit less progressed players than them, but there is a certain point where they have to say no, it's too much. If you're getting rejected a lot, it's probably that you're trying to make too big of a leap. Though it is still possible, as I said earlier that the guilds in question have their roster filled and are not looking for other raiders, or at least raiders of your class/spec/role.

Bottom line is, keep trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Getting aotc 1 month after release in one of the easiest raids ever made doesn't mean anything.
    I didn't know they were releasing Molten Core again.

What AOTC again?

Not sure I'd want to be in a guild that judges you based on how long it took you to get AOTC instead of you know.. looking at logs..

It's probably already mentioned a hundred times already in this thread but basically having a heroic clear is a nice stepping stone to getting into an entry level mythic guild.

You should be able to aim for a 1 - 3/7M Guild however even entry'ish level mythic guilds are after logs to get an understanding of your capabilities.
    Just do a run or 2 run logs and submit those will go a long way, the thing people are trying to gauge from your app is your understanding or the game and your class/role basically as text. They're super easy to run if you don't know how, DL the client from warcraftlogs ingame hit /combatlog proceed to dominate an EN the best you can upload and gg.

In saying that you don't have to climb some progressive ladder of guilds in order to reach a goal of being in a top 500 guild if that's what you're after. These guilds are generally much more efficient at knowing what to read in logs and with content quickly going to farm and gear plentiful they do invest in these players if they show potential and can see they are a really good player, really understand their class and mechanics. Being in recruitment in this forum myself there's a bunch of people I offered trials who fell into this category some who flourished and of course some that couldn't step up but that's recruitment.

One other thing to remember is logging is very common now so there's high chances in your pugs there is someone running them and guilds can easily find these and look at your performance on these if you don't submit them yourself which could be a good or bad thing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I didn't know they were releasing Molten Core again.

What AOTC again?
    I know you're trying to be clever, but I said one of. Not the most. Of which that would be toc, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I once had a guild grill me on why - out of 20 something kills that I had with my previous guild - ONE of them I got on the second kill rather than the first (so one week late).
    Common question I would personally ask, not to grill but general interest since it show's the player wasn't in for the progression kill. Could be a complete valid reason they were not but good to try understand these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sure, but if you didn't have it, then that's the first thing people would point at.

Once you do have it, then it becomes super unimportant and who cares.

People are silly like that. It's the same thing with shitty certs according to hiring managers that don't know shit. They'll come up with all kinds of stupid certs that you need to have before they'll hire you, then you go get them and they say, "Pfft, what, THOSE? Those don't mean anything."
    Went for an interview for an internship an didn't get it because I didnt have 2-3 years experience. lmao.

If you don't provide logs, don't expect to get in a front page guild.

The top 20 guilds on your server, well, any server will want logs because they show dps, damage taken, and survivability. One is a useless piece of shit if one cannot stay alive and do good damage.

Besides knowing people, the best way to get in a guild is to prove your worth.

Most "top" guild recruiting is done through networking, if you just killed Xavius then unless your server is really poor you will never be a consideration to a top server guild, which on many servers are already 7/7m, while you only just hit 7/7h, 5 weeks behind. Join a guild that has heroic clear and is either just entering mythic or have 1-2 bosses down, this is realistic.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Did the OP even visit the thread after he initially dropped the mic?

To me this thread is a proof I was right: the group finder did nothing else than seep pug mentality into aspiring raiders. Since pugs ask "link ilvl and curve!" they think this is all that matters. And since they foster pug mentality, they'll also come to the guild, be there for 2 weeks, then get "bored" and vanish with no explanation. Whole WOD guilds were plagued with these type of players. The turnover rate on rosters in any guild I was in was tragic and a downfall of most of them.

I seriously do not envy anyone who has to be a recruitment officer in this age of entitlement, everyone thinks they deserve a raid spot, however the guild doesn't even deserve an explanation, heads up or simple "bye" when they stop coming to raids.

People don't want to write apps, record logs or do voice comm interviews because "it's not a job", and they're the same people who will make 19 people sit and wait for them while they won't bother to show up, to decline calendar or to whisper an officer they won't be on tonight.

New fashion is also trials ragequitting after 1 raid because they didn't get 1 piece of loot "that was a bigger upgrade for me than someone else". Full on pug mentality, I want my loot and fuck off afterwards. While it was a norm for years if you're trial you have last prio on loot for 2-3 weeks trial is normally on. Because the loot is there to reinforce the group and not invest in someone who you don't know yet will be a part of the team or not.

Every person my guild recruited during hfc farm except 1 guy (who is a friend of already established raider) was there only to see content, get loot and free mount and then leave. Now after these experiences I wonder which guild is gonna be trusting towards a person who doesn't have solid raiding history?

Most of the apps we got early legion fall into one of these categories:
    - pugger
    - quitter (oh hey I subbed back after x of not playing, cata sucked, mop was lol pandas, wod was garrisoncraft of no content, now I'm back, but I was world top 100 in vanilla!)
    - guild hopper (they benched me for 1 raid so I app here)
    - private server hero (I was best x class on x private server, I was GM of best guild there etc.)

We don't care to recruit anyone from better guilds than we are (why would those people downgrade themselves? and why would they not insta jump to a better guild as soon as they get gear / logs if skill permits?), but you somehow need to filter people that just want a free boost and then you won't ever see them again.

In HFC we opened recruitment for "inexperienced raiders" for our alt run with the purpose of training these people, teaching them the ropes during farm and then maybe getting a proper raider or two out of the crowd. Guess what. That project failed. Not one of these people were worth anything from a raiding team perspective. Getting butthurt at criticism and ragequitting or getting "bored" after 1 night of wipes were the standard reactions. Not even mentioning that for these people getting enchanted or watching a video with a boss guide was something too nerd to bother with. And it's in our guild rules, so shouldn't be a surprise to any candidate.

And we aren't even a hardcore guild, I'd presume guilds above us on the server have even stricter criteria. I know a guild that is currently progressing on mythic Cenarius and they're getting apps from unenchanted logless people too, because their website and apps are public.

Generally, TLDR: If you want to be a raider, learn to record logs (it's fairly simple) so you have a proof you weren't just boosted / carried. On top of it, have proper attitude, and double check your character's armory presents itself well (don't log out ungemmed unenchanted with fishing pole and rp hat). Server top guilds spend hundreds of thousands of gold on consumables as well these days, you sure you're up for it?
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-10-25 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Some specs, single target, will have a harder time hitting that number @ 850 than others.
    I find it hard to believe that any spec outside the truly underpowered ones can't hit 180k dps with 850 gear that is optimized for their spec. Either the person doesn't know what stats they need, doesn't know their class rotation or a combination of two. Either way Heroics is probably not for them if that is the case.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=8&dataset=60
    Last edited by xpose; 2016-10-25 at 11:04 AM.

AotC means nothing, as gold can get you that. Go log your pug runs, show them logs where you are 90+%.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    top guilds
    Let's repeat this part again.

top guilds
    One more time.

top guilds
    Did ya figure out where ya went wrong yet? No? Okay, once more.

top guilds
    In a top guild...that IS late. Know your place in the pecking order. Go for a middle of the pack guild just starting mythic, not guilds that have mythic on farm because they cleared heroic day 1 of the raid release. C'mon, man.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    O my god when i read this threads i wonder if WoW is still a game anymore....

10+ Year Old Account
    Explain to them that you got it by pugging, and show them logs if possible.

If they still reject you, just move on. These guilds are not worth spending your time trying to get into.
    Good guilds and good players will recognize your potential and happily recruit you.

Just keep trying!

I find it hard to believe that many guilds would care about AOTC, AOTC is easy to get and says nothing about your skills.

Good logs is a lot more important, bring good logs and a lot of guilds would probably interested in you.

Also don't apply to the top guilds, work your way up to them. On my server there are current 252 guilds with 7/7 hc or better and 154 guilds with 1/7m or better, start by applying to the once that are between 7/7 hc to 2/7m not the once that are 7/7m.
    Last edited by Ater; 2016-10-25 at 12:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Honestly this thread has to be a wind up, unless the top guild on OP's server is like 2/7M.

What's even more frightening is the number (yeah, yeah it's just a minority) people agreeing with OP.