Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    When did I ever say I don't like Nostralius? Please post the link. I refuse to respond to anything else until you do so. Lying about me won't prove anything - put your money where your mouth is, then we'll talk.
    Uh, sure. Let's just stop at "refuse to respond", because this is going absolutely nowhere. You were attacking me for something I didn't say at all, while also being needlessly hostile.

Know what, let me just bow out of this thread for a while. The latest statement by Blizzard has given us their position on the matter (which was precisely as I expected: "we are still debating it") and I couldn't give a toss about what Nostalrius or any other private server does or does not do. Better just to wait on the sidelines until something actually happens (if it happens), because this thread has been going in circles since its inception.

I got a new lowbie Hunter to level, anyway. Full heirlooms make even the zones I didn't like after the Cataclysm revamp a breeze, and for once I'm enjoying Beast Mastery. Have fun, whoever stays here. :P
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    why would it be temporary?
    And the end of the quote: but that isn't the case, is it?

no chance the main realms sub price would increase. they're not stupid. it's either a separate subscription or included for free in the current subscription.
    If it's a separate subscription, then ok. But if it's baked into the main sub, then I'll have a problem with it as I don't want to support two games, with one of them being one I do not like and would never play. Besides, baking the two under the same sub fee but keeping its price the same, means one of two things: a) Blizzard split the current WoW teams in two, which means slower development and customer service for the retail game; or b) Blizzard cut on their own flesh to hire and train new staff while keeping the sub price the same. And, honestly, the former is much more likely than the latter.

and the idea is to gain new/returning subs not split what's left into two categories.
    You'll have two versions of the game being run concurrently. Of course that'll split the community.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Of course, this all could have been avoided if Nostalrius and their advertising brigade hadn't started posting about it in the official forums. Sure, Nost was big, but they didn't have anything that other servers don't also have beyond the cocky attitude that put them in Blizzard's legal team's sight to serve as an example. And good riddance to them, too.
    It was all done for a reason. Mark Kern wanted to supersize Nostalrius to not just a private server amongst many players, but one that Blizzard would need to take aim at, with MANY people commenting.

MANY people all over the internet commented when Nostalrius voluntarily shut down. Nostalrius's neighbors in the same region, mind you, still operate, today. To date, none were forcibly shut down. Nostalrius voluntarily shut down.

Overall, it does highlight Legacy servers - their marketplace demand, and Blizzard's ignorance on the subject.

Many people, myself included, would like to enjoy the original game Blizzard released, without all the class nerfs, map changes, quest revamps, PVP ruinations, .. and perhaps most importantly, open exploration and open-world challenges. Then there is community, non-LFD, non-LFR ... and raiding that meant you needed to at least have a good personality ... game skills could be learned later, if you were fun to be around =D

Retail is a shit-storm.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-10-25 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Then you do defend Mark Kern.

It got you in a tizzy about the subject, after all.

There was a time when Mark Kern wanted to impress Blizzard. But now he's really just wanting to make other games, via Twitter. Now that his Blizzard Legacy dev dreams got dashed. Oh, you.

As to the rest of the post, it's not very discussionable, just a series of mindless insults. I'm not the type to report, but take a step back and look at how you present yourself. All in all, it is evident I did in-fact, hit a nerve.

SRC:

If you feel this thread is done, until after Blizzcon, then I assume you will not be returning until after. Do you mean to inform this thread that you lied?
    Your brain is really struggling after today's news. Sorry, but your cute little semantical games and fairy tales aren't working. Why don't you go take a little nap, before posting again? Maybe some milk and crackers? Yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    when Nostalrius voluntarily shut down.
    Nostalrius voluntarily shut down.
    You would have an easier time selling that narrative if there wasn't a legal C&D order making things happen.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Uh, sure. Let's just stop at "refuse to respond", because this is going absolutely nowhere. You were attacking me for something I didn't say at all, while also being needlessly hostile.

Know what, let me just bow out of this thread for a while. The latest statement by Blizzard has given us their position on the matter (which was precisely as I expected: "we are still debating it") and I couldn't give a toss about what Nostalrius or any other private server does or does not do. Better just to wait on the sidelines until something actually happens (if it happens), because this thread has been going in circles since its inception.

I got a new lowbie Hunter to level, anyway. Full heirlooms make even the zones I didn't like after the Cataclysm revamp a breeze, and for once I'm enjoying Beast Mastery. Have fun, whoever stays here. :P
    If you accuse me of things I didn't do, that's the response you get.

Still waiting for that link where I stated I don't like Nostralius.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You would have an easier time selling that narrative if there wasn't a legal C&D order making things happen.
    C&D's exist for the other servers in France. They weren't legal orders? You are confusing me.

They still operate.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-10-25 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You're hilarious. They haven't lost that many people first of all. And you act like a team would magically appear out of thin air to get classic realms up and running. It takes work to do that, not the work that top level people do either. It takes the work the people who are currently creating content at a rapid pace for Legion do. And if you take a bunch of those people and say, now you work on classic then it inherently hurts your ability to continue to put out content at that pace. You say you worked in the industry, but that doesn't really mean much if you're sitting there pretending like a few high up people leaving was going to hurt their ability to put content out. If they'd lost a bunch of programmers I might agree.
    I wasn't pretending. My point was that they left and it didn't impact anything. That was my point.

A few progs, as those needed for such a project, will not put a single dent in WoW. The big issue is from the management department, the paperwork from creating the new team, finding rooms within the building and then the whole marketing investment.

Plus, they already know what to do, as both Nost and Blizzard claimed after discussing the several choke points and finding solutions to them.

There's no impact on WoW whatsoever. So yeah.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I knew the chances were slim to none, but still disappointed no legacy server announcement at Blizzcon confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You'll have two versions of the game being run concurrently. Of course that'll split the community.
    oh but it won't if they can freely hop back and forth between the 2. nobody's going to raid full time on both sides, but everyone gets bored once in a while and the temptation to check things out on the other side will be there when you're ready to indulge. before you know it one sunday you'll have done some LFR and ran through stratholme living side. and blizzard are boasting about sub numbers again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    oh but it won't if they can freely hop back and forth between the 2.
    That's not how it works. The community is already split right now with pro- and anti-vanilla groups. Assuming the very unlikely scenario that Vanilla is added for free bundled under the retail's sub fee, you'll still have a split community. Why? Because they're two incompatible versions of the same game. What you do on one game does not affect the other, and vice-versa.

It's essentially a second MMO-RPG game Blizzard will be hosting, and it will split the community because they'd be competing for the same type of player: the MMO player. And one thing you should notice about Blizzard is that they have one game of each 'type': one RTS (Starcraft 2), one action-RPG (Diablo 3), one TCG game (Hearthstone), one FPS game (Overwatch) and one MMO-RPG game (WoW).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I wasn't pretending. My point was that they left and it didn't impact anything. That was my point.
    One person leaving doesn't really affect deadlines. On the same token, one person does not create a WoW game in any timely fashion.

Welp Lgeacy has been confirmed for not being discussed at Blizzcon. Not surprised since they want to focus on Legion and other things such as Diablo and the 25 year anniversary. I extremely doubt Nost will start back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Welp Lgeacy has been confirmed for not being discussed at Blizzcon. Not surprised since they want to focus on Legion and other things such as Diablo and the 25 year anniversary. I extremely doubt Nost will start back up.
    Oh they will, just put the server in Russia and it's back.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Oh they will, just put the server in Russia and it's back.
    Just don't see it happening. All I see from them are thinly veiled threats nothing more and it's backfired with them saying no discussion at Blizzcon.

It's strange, Blizzard seems to be going right down the middle with regards to yes/no on legacy servers ('No they won't be announced at Blizzcon, but more info on legacy servers is coming after Blizzcon.'), and I don't think either camp is going to be happy.

If they're planning on making it a NO, they'd have done so with this announcement, but if they're planning on making it a YES, another 'wait and see!' post isn't going to satisfy people desperate for another vanilla fix.

Just seems like more fuel on the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    It's strange, Blizzard seems to be going right down the middle with regards to yes/no on legacy servers ('No they won't be announced at Blizzcon, but more info on legacy servers is coming after Blizzcon.'), and I don't think either camp is going to be happy.
    I wouldn't even say he stated more info after Blizzcon. Just that if any info is coming at any point in the future, it will be after Blizzcon. It was very noncommittal. I mean, they could say 10 years from now that after a decade of thought they've decided not to pursue legacy servers. Ten years from now is after Blizzcon.

Deleted
    All we have to do is being more patience! Wait another 1-2 years and I am sure they will have some news for legacy realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just don't see it happening. All I see from them are thinly veiled threats nothing more and it's backfired with them saying no discussion at Blizzcon.
    Wonder if Nost shot themselves in the foot with their veiled threat. Maybe Blizzcon might have addressed Legacy formally with at least saying they are still thinking on it. But now they got a blue post and no mention at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Nost crew goes through with their "threat" they're just going to ruin it for everyone.