Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    so only 10 ppl played on classic servers and signed petition ?
    the petition was only signed by 300k people
    that petition was free, and easy to sign multiple times with easy to make multiple accounts

if only "300,000" people were able to sign a free petition... how many do you think will pay monthly to play a legacy server when they could play private servers for free

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Stop using boycott like it actually means something. It doesn't. They are still making enough without you and without me to survive as a company along with still having one of the largest MMOs out there.
    Its a boycott because I said so and have done so?
    It doesn't require other people to acknowledge it to make it valid I said I wasn't buying any new blizzard products or games and have done so therefor it fits the definition of a boycott.

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    -Broken, unbalanced and non-existant specs
    -where some1 who left your dungeon grp practically made you focked up
    Like right now? Basically non existant classes with barely any viable specc and if someone leaves your Keystone dungeon you can basically already cancel it or do it with 4 people without any time pressure since you can barely do it anyways.

Again, there were thousands of people playing Vanilla, they know how unbalanced it is or simply experienced it and yet they kept playing and asking Blizzard after the shutdown to make official servers which they still dont, i simply dont get how you can say no to so much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    Its a boycott because I said so and have done so?
    It doesn't require other people to acknowledge it to make it valid I said I wasn't buying any new blizzard products or games and have done so therefor it fits the definition of a boycott.
    So you boycott them because you were already playing for free on a private server thus not giving money to Blizz. K....

Good they should focus on going forward not going back, while I enjoy the old timey whimy feels of playing a legacy server it's about as far as it goes, I think people are quick to forget just how shit the game was back then and how much QoL changes have been put in the game since, and I like the posts about it being a simpler time because it's rather funny I see the specs are simple now compared to the scattered mess they was at release, if they want nostalgic times throughtout the game just revamp older content offer it was a 5 man dungeon like karazhan and it's gg for me maybe some high rez versions of older sets(in different colours or not), just my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    Again, there were thousands of people playing Vanilla, they know how unbalanced it is or simply experienced it and yet they kept playing and asking Blizzard after the shutdown to make official servers which they still dont, i simply dont get how you can say no to so much money.
    Because the reverse engineering of 10+ year old code, reintegration of the entire client into B.net, continuous support and everything which this entails costs absolutely no money or development time! Who knew!

Like right now? Basically non existant classes with barely any viable specc and if someone leaves your Keystone dungeon you can basically already cancel it or do it with 4 people without any time pressure since you can barely do it anyways.

Because at the end up the day it wouldn't even be close to that much money, especially when you consider the development time and things like battle.net intergration and all the other tidbits that will go into it. And after 1-2 years of no content people will just flock away like it's nothing.. then you have to think about how many people would actually pay rather than just continue playing a private server for free.

Then there is the whole issue with splitting the community, and taking away development time from the game that is already making them millions per month. I think you highly overestimate how profitable this will be for blizzard
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop using boycott like it actually means something. It doesn't. They are still making enough without you and without me to survive as a company along with still having one of the largest MMOs out there.
    I agree.

I really hope Blizz does not release any sort of legacy server.

Stop living in the past and get with the times. We are not reverting back no matter how much the nost kids want it. Let the game progress forward not back.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Because the reverse engineering of 10+ year old code, reintegration of the entire client into B.net, continuous support and everything which this entails costs absolutely no money or development time! Who knew!
    Im not saying that the development of Legacy servers would be free or anything, but after all Blizzard has wasted alot of money on projects which got cancelled and they make a new expansion every 2 years with the expectation that alot of people would buy it, with Legacy servers we already know that there would be people safely buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So you boycott them because you were already playing for free on a private server thus not giving money to Blizz. K....
    I've bought nearly every game from blizzard for the last 1.75 decades I stopped the day Nostalrius shutdown I never bought Overwatch even though I would like too, I never bought Legion, I never paid for anything anymore in HotS and I didn't buy their new DLC for SC2. I've invested thousands of dollars in blizzard games and products over the years but I quit after Nostalrius shutdown therefor in every definition its a "boycott' maybe a personal one but a boycott none the less.

Had there been Official Legacy Servers I would've never been on Nostalrius nor would Nostalrius have ever existed, I merely wanted and wished to play the game that I fell in love with again and I did on Nostalrius I enjoyed every countless hour and day on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I agree.

I really hope Blizz does not release any sort of legacy server.

Stop living in the past and get with the times. We are not reverting back no matter how much the nost kids want it. Let the game progress forward not back.
    Calling people kids isn't helping you here. I have no issue with people wanting classic and myself want it but if they do not introduce it won't affect me greatly.

- - - Updated - - -

I've bought nearly every game from blizzard for the last 1.75 decades I stopped the day Nostalrius shutdown I never bought Overwatch even though I would like too, I never bought Legion, I never paid for anything anymore in HotS and I didn't buy their new DLC for SC2. I've invested thousands of dollars in blizzard games and products over the years but I quit after Nostalrius shutdown therefor in every definition its a "boycott' maybe a personal one but a boycott none the less.

Had there been Official Legacy Servers I would've never been on Nostalrius nor would Nostalrius have ever existed, I merely wanted and wished to play the game that I fell in love with again and I did on Nostalrius I enjoyed every countless hour and day on there.
    So because you invested money in them you are suddenly entitled to some loyalty thing? Newsflash: you ain't. Blizzard couldn't give a rats ass how much you have invested or when you started buying their games. Boycott was your choice yes but don't imply Blizzard owe you something for your years of choosing to buy their products.

[...] with Legacy servers we already know that there would be people safely buying it.
    Do they? The entire "movement" is because a free-to-play server was shut down. There's absolutely no evidence to support a claim that people will flock to the shelves to purchase and experience an ancient version of a video game which is already gated behind a monthly subscription fee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling people kids isn't helping you here. I have no issue with people wanting classic and myself want it but if they do not introduce it won't affect me greatly.

- - - Updated - - -

So because you invested money in them you are suddenly entitled to some loyalty thing? Newsflash: you ain't.
    So because I ask for a company to provide a service for me that they once did but no longer do I'm suddenly entitled? They are by no means required to listen to me or even give me an answer but that doesn't mean I shouldn't ask, also I never said I was entitled to anything because I'm not but they are also likewise not entitled to me buying their products and/or games.

So because I ask for a company to provide a service for me that they once did but no longer do I'm suddenly entitled? They are by no means required to listen to me or even give me an answer but that doesn't mean I shouldn't ask, also I never said I was entitled to anything because I'm not but they are also likewise not entitled to me buying their products and/or games.
    Where did I say you cannot ask? Just don't stomp your feet and act like boycotting is something special when they say no. And again yeah you don't have to buy their products but I doubt they are awake at night crying in the office because you didn't buy Overwatch out of the 10 million plus who did.

K I've spent more on Blizz games and products over the years than you have. So that means they shouldn't do Legacy. Is that the type of weird logic train we are going for?

It will be good to have a legacy server that lure all the casuals to play it and just leave them there.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Do they? The entire "movement" is because a free-to-play server was shut down. There's absolutely no evidence to support a claim that people will flock to the shelves to purchase and experience an ancient version of a video game which is already gated behind a monthly subscription fee.
    Indeed we dont know that for sure but nonetheless have people said they would pay for it, sure you can always bot such a petition etc. but id say its alot more safe than to just "waste" money on a project which gets cancelled or has no safe buyers.

Maybe i overestimate how many people would play on these Servers but we will simply never know if it does not happen, after all Blizzard is a company and just giving a Vanilla Licence to Nostalrius with a monthly fee so the players of such Servers would have to pay for it seems like a good deal for both sides for me.

I think the blue post was just a polite way of saying "can you fuck off with all these vanilla / classic server questions in our Blizzcon Q&A thread and ask something relevant instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I think the blue post was just a polite way of saying "can you fuck off with all these vanilla / classic server questions in our Blizzcon Q&A thread and ask something relevant instead?"
    Honestly. Would still rate those questions better than half the stupid crap that gets asked.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya I know, I saw it on the main page. Pretty nuts!

Could you link please? Cant find the page where Blizzard actual statement.