Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Could you link please? Cant find the page where Blizzard actual statement.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...server-update/

Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    Indeed we dont know that for sure but nonetheless have people said they would pay for it, sure you can always bot such a petition etc. but id say its alot more safe than to just "waste" money on a project which gets cancelled or has no safe buyers.

Maybe i overestimate how many people would play on these Servers but we will simply never know if it does not happen, after all Blizzard is a company and just giving a Vanilla Licence to Nostalrius with a monthly fee so the players of such Servers would have to pay for it seems like a good deal for both sides for me.
    There's no way for Blizzard to legally protect the World of Warcraft IP and allow Nost to run a private emulated realm. J. Allen Brack explained this in the original response to the uproar behind Nost's shut down back in April:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Why not just let Nostalrius continue the way it was? The honest answer is, failure to protect against intellectual property infringement would damage Blizzard’s rights. This applies to anything that uses WoW’s IP, including unofficial servers. And while we’ve looked into the possibility – there is not a clear legal path to protect Blizzard’s IP and grant an operating license to a pirate server.

We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty. If we could push a button and all of this would be created, we would.
    If it were possible, they would have never shut it down. (Or at the very least explored the opportunity.) If Legacy is ever to happen, it would be a project endeavored exclusively (and internally) by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    K I've spent more on Blizz games and products over the years than you have. So that means they shouldn't do Legacy. Is that the type of weird logic train we are going for?
    No never implied anywhere that suddenly their other customers opinions and voices no longer matter and only mine matters.

I have only asked blizzard if they could once again provide a service that they once did provide but no longer do, I would pay for the service and I would play the service rigorously as I have done from other venues such as Nostalrius who did provide a service that blizzard refuses to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Where did I say you cannot ask? Just don't stomp your feet and act like boycotting is something special when they say no. And again yeah you don't have to buy their products but I doubt they are awake at night crying in the office because you didn't buy Overwatch out of the 10 million plus who did.
    No where in my post did I say that you said I couldn't ask and no where in my post did I come off as stomping my feet I merely was just repeating what I've repeated before to Blizzard across many different avenues whenever news of legacy servers have come up, They are not required to create legacy servers I'm not saying its the best thing ever what I am saying is that I would immensely enjoy playing on one and I'd totally be down to pay for one as well if not oh well there are dozens of other games and companies that I will spend time with instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Guruftw View Post
    Lol "interest would drop in couple of days" the bullshit here, we even have fact that it will only increase, not decrease. Nost started out at around 2-3k and climbed up to 15k!! There would even be more people playing if the server was stable for more.
    And then what happens after the Naxx content is out and people have been doing it for ages? Not everyone wants to move onto TBC and not everyone would start over again from a reset after a while. Eventually interest would drop off no matter what because of the same content consistently with no new content to that server.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-25 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then what happens after the Naxx content is out and people have been doing it for ages? Not everyone wants to move onto TBC and not everyone would start over again from a reset after a while.
    What Nostalrius planned on doing once that happened was releasing a separate TBC server that would progress through the TBC content while the vanilla one continued running and allowing max level characters to transfer over to the new server so that once they we're done with vanilla content they could continue progression on TBC, likewise this could very well have worked into WOTLK and beyond if people wanted too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    What Nostalrius planned on doing once that happened was releasing a separate TBC server that would progress through the TBC content while the vanilla one continued running and allowing max level characters to transfer over to the new server so that once they we're done with vanilla content they could continue progression on TBC, likewise this could very well have worked into WOTLK and beyond if people wanted too.
    And again not everyone wants to play TBC. What would happen to Vanilla specifically is my question? If they didn't reset it then it would be an endless content drought and even then not everyone wants to level again and again and again from scratch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guruftw View Post
    Lol "interest would drop in couple of days" the bullshit here, we even have fact that it will only increase, not decrease. Nost started out at around 2-3k and climbed up to 15k!! There would even be more people playing if the server was stable for more.
    And those 15k should be just how many they can expect to play there and invest in.
    Nostralius wasn't growing because the interest in vanilla servers grew; it grew because more of those already interested into this kind of servers heard about it.
    But it's all just blank statements unless we can actually see their churn rates.

I doubt any new player would ever consider playing there.

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    "the interest in it would drop after a couple of days, a week or a month."

And there was 150k active players and 800k accounts.
    Last edited by Guruftw; 2016-10-25 at 05:50 AM.
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

10+ Year Old Account
    And again not everyone wants to play TBC. What would happen to Vanilla specifically is my question? If they didn't reset it then it would be an endless content drought and even then not everyone wants to level again and again and again from scratch.
    Chances are they would've opened a new progression vanilla server that would then chain into a new progression tbc server and so on, If the number of players started to die down heavily say a year into the content drought you could very well just reset that server just give the people aboard that "resetting" server a final opportunity to transfer their characters to later content or else their characters will inevitably be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    Chances are they would've opened a new progression vanilla server that would then chain into a new progression tbc server and so on, If the number of players started to die down heavily say a year into the content drought you could very well just reset that server just give the people aboard that "resetting" server a final opportunity to transfer their characters to later content or else their characters will inevitably be deleted.
    But still my point is eventually the interest would die down. You cannot stop it. Eventually after so many resets people would not want to level anymore. Diablo is a prime example while being a different genre after 8 seasons a lot of people just don't care anymore. The interest of doing the same thing consistently would die down.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    That's good, I'm glad that they aren't. We should focus on more content for the future, not the past.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

But still my point is eventually the interest would die down. You cannot stop it. Eventually after so many resets people would not want to level anymore. Diablo is a prime example while being a different genre after 8 seasons a lot of people just don't care anymore.
    Well to be fair season 8 was a steaming pile of shit. Exact same as the already poorly recieved season 7. Most of that was due to poor choice on set revamps.

Though I think it is the type of thing that would just slowly bleed players as doing that many seasons would get tiring for most people.

And nothing of value was lost.

Honestly. Would still rate those questions better than half the stupid crap that gets asked.
    Maybe that's why it deserved a blue post after all...

I do facepalm at stuff like: one of the first questions asked in Blizzcon Q&A official thread on EU forums was about trivializing tank threat and "threat game" not being a thing. But Blizzard already answered this question multiple times over! Something along the lines it's not fun for dps to stop dps if the tank is undergeared etc.

So what's the point of Blizzard bothering to answer questions if people don't check the answers and ask the same crap over and again.

Half the thread was anyway the combined QQ of locks and rogues under the banner "plz buff".

And yeah, someone needs to be a complete muppet thinking submitting a question like "why does pvp suck again?" has any point. Like, if you were Blizzard, would you choose such a question to be publicly asked and answered? Ofc not.

They were doing TBC and you was going to be able to copy your character to that server and still keep your vanilla char on the vanilla server.
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Maybe that's why it deserved a blue post after all...

I do facepalm at stuff like: one of the first questions asked in Blizzcon Q&A official thread on EU forums was about trivializing tank threat and "threat game" not being a thing. But Blizzard already answered this question multiple times over! Something along the lines it's not fun for dps to stop dps if the tank is undergeared etc.

So what's the point of Blizzard bothering to answer questions if people don't check the answers and ask the same crap over and again.

Half the thread was anyway the combined QQ of locks and rogues under the banner "plz buff".

And yeah, someone needs to be a complete muppet thinking submitting a question like "why does pvp suck again?" has any point. Like, if you were Blizzard, would you choose such a question to be publicly asked and answered? Ofc not.
    Nah I mean shit like "should warriors get a class mount" or "what is so and so devs favourite food/drink/movie/colour". Basically half of the questions are jack shit to do with the games or Blizzard themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    But still my point is eventually the interest would die down. You cannot stop it. Eventually after so many resets people would not want to level anymore. Diablo is a prime example while being a different genre after 8 seasons a lot of people just don't care anymore.
    Meanwhile Diablo still has a playerbase years afterwards sure no where close to the amount at launch but it exists none the less yet blizzard still continues to host D2 D3 servers right? so why couldn't legacy servers?

By that same argument the whole "Interest will eventually die down" well isn't the case the same with Legion and current WoW?
    Interest in WoW in general has slowly declined likewise will Legacy servers but there will be a healthy playerbase leftover for many years for sure, after all the argument (That you didn't ask necessarily) of "Why roll on a dieing or declining server that will eventually delete all my hard work?" well eventually say 20 years in the future when WoW is no longer profitable wouldn't blizzard delete and shutdown current WoW's servers as well?
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2016-10-25 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Grammar

Deleted
    they already said before its not going to happen. Which is good. The petition which was shared everywhere and people signed it who dont even know what wow is is nonsense anyway. Even if it were about 250k people caring for this crap, it would still not be enough. People need to get over it and finally realize that its a mere shadow theyre worshipping

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good IMO, not really sure who thought that it was even expected though. The past "Good" expansions are dead and gone, the more realistic fight is to present changes that you think would help the game, in a calm and well thought out way.
    Though if you really expected them to ever discuss Legacy servers at Blizzcon, you probably aren't living in the same reality as the rest of humanity, so please, continue ranting about how much better things would be if the game had never changed.

Good Job blizz. Dont talk about going backwards. I want the story moving forward.