View Poll Results: How do you like the addition of IBF?

Voters
194. This poll is closed
  • Great! we needed a long CD "OH SHIT" button

50 25.77%
  • It's a step in the right direction at least

108 55.67%
  • This will not help us at all

8 4.12%
  • it's good, but not the CD we needed, we need shorter CD defensives

28 14.43%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Blood DKs getting IBF back

posting for some discussion that isn't in the lengthy and thoroughly de-railed blood tanking going into legion thread.

how does everyone feel about this? a 30% DR on a 3 min CD, which should offset or synergise well with DRW for mythic+
    i feel it is a step in the right direction, though i would have liked to see rune tap made baseline as well/instead of , due to our spikey nature, but as i said, good vibes for now, seeing as we aren't in as horrific a place as people would lead us to believe.

discalimer: yes i know necrotic still ruins us, yes i know we have a harder time in mythic raiding than some, but we aren't broken and im glad to see something that goes towards giving us a button to push when we get shat on

It won't fix the core issues with Blood, one of which you stated in your post.

I chose "It's a step in the right direction," although I would qualify that by saying we wouldn't actually need IBF if it weren't for Spear of Nightmares on Cenarius. Now we can take two spears without total reliance on externals (Rune Tap+IBF for the first, Rune Tap+Blood Mirror for the second).

I also agree that although before this change we were probably the second worst tank for raids, DK/DH/Warrior/Paladin are all pretty close, with Druid and BrM being outliers at either end of the spectrum. I would be happy with the Bone Shield change we've been clamoring for since EN opened, and in an even nicer world I would like to see buffs to our weaker talents.

since when is 3min a "long cooldown"? 5min is a standard "long cooldown", 3 mins is a medium.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlyn View Post
    since when is 3min a "long cooldown"? 5min is a standard "long cooldown", 3 mins is a medium.
    A 30% DR on a 3m CD is very weak compared to typical 3m CDs.

I'm sure it's because they don't view it as a 30% but actually a 46% DR because we should have Bone Shield up 100% of the time. Lame I know but at least it's finally something.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercidos View Post
    I'm sure it's because they don't view it as a 30% but actually a 46% DR because we should have Bone Shield up 100% of the time. Lame I know but at least it's finally something.
    DRs are multiplicative, not additive, so it's 41%. And that isn't the reasoning, because Bone Shield is a shuffle mechanic that is compensation for us not having any base DR at all unlike every other tank. IBF should be tuned just like any other 3m CD.

Absolutely, but we aren't ever going to get what we should. I'm just glad we got something. Does anyone actually believe we'll ever get what we really need to function like the other tanks anymore?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happy to see IBF back for Blood. It was one of those things that IMO shouldn't have been taken in the first place, but still. I think Blood still needs work in terms of functionality, but an actual baseline DR cooldown is a good start.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Lack of a cooldown was one of the main criticisms of Blood. The other one is that bone shield charges drop with incidental AE. This is a great change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercidos View Post
    Absolutely, but we aren't ever going to get what we should. I'm just glad we got something. Does anyone actually believe we'll ever get what we really need to function like the other tanks anymore?
    It seems dire. Because with this i think they just did a "slap this on the notes so we can be done with blood dk's"

We are gonna have to start all over again to get noticed. Its amazing they did not fix the dots eating boneshield or that we have a almost completely useless mastery, but hey! IBF!

Three things-- mastery is another huuuuge problem. Right.

IBF is a big step forward, though. That's one, two to go.

I'm not gonna sit here and be negative when I just got something back I really missed and really felt I needed. It's not the best ever and we still have issues, but I gotta be honest, I am stoked right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a start, but their gotta either buff our mastery or change Unending Thirst,
    If u dont chain 2 between the bosses melee swing its gone and so are the effects from the golden trait, they COULD make it so u would keep the traits effect for 2seconds regardless if u got bloodshield up or not.

Example, was doing M. Cenarius, avg melee swings like 750k, avg blood shields 150k, would need like 5 DS between 2melee swings to benefit from golden trait
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Heh I said it earlier in another thread "Just use IBF? What do you mean you don't have IBF?".

It's a good start, hopefully more of the feedback gets listened to and the other glaring issues get taken care of... guess they aren't looking at the same logs as they were for Aff locks, the poor bastards.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It won't fix the core issues with Blood, one of which you stated in your post.
    Always Mr. Negative of the DK community

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sflame View Post
    Always Mr. Negative of the DK community
    He IS right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Happy to see IBF back for Blood. It was one of those things that IMO shouldn't have been taken in the first place, but still. I think Blood still needs work in terms of functionality, but an actual baseline DR cooldown is a good start.
    I wonder if the person on the team who removed it in the first place admitted internally he was an idiot to do it or there are no repercussions for bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Three things-- mastery is another huuuuge problem. Right.

IBF is a big step forward, though. That's one, two to go.
    Well, I wouldn't call one 3-minute cooldown a big step. Its the least devs could do.

1) Baseline DR cooldown
    2) Mastery
    3) Artifact traits + artifact ability
    4) Boneshield

3 to go

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karasique View Post
    I wonder if the person on the team who removed it in the first place admitted internally he was an idiot to do it or there are no repercussions for bad design.

Well, I wouldn't call one 3-minute cooldown a big step. Its the least devs could do.

1) Baseline DR cooldown
    2) Mastery
    3) Artifact traits + artifact ability
    4) Boneshield

3 to go
    you forgot half of our talents are useless/extremly undervalued on your list

i mean what choices in talents do we got outside of blood mirror vs bonestorm?
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2016-10-25 at 07:18 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Wait, it's coming back? Huzzah! Not sure why they lost it in the first place.