Deleted

Loot specialization woes

I main enhancement, and will probably never not main enhancement. But I've been wanting a different challenge for a while, so I picked up resto for a bit of variety. So far, I've healed a single *normal* dungeon, and only had a handful of deaths, which is a win in my book, seeing as I've never, ever been resto before.

I struggled with the resto artifact quest, mainly because I did it in enhancement gear with no intelligence weapon (didn't think to pick up one of the green weapons), and while wearing melee DPS trinkets. While my ilevel is 856, it's obviously mostly geared towards enhancement, which is heavy on mastery/haste.

Regular gear pieces are not an issue, since the enhancement loot specialization will also drop crit/mastery gear. But trinkets and relics are a different matter, as I can only get these from world quests or if I run a dungeon with the restoration spec.

But I main enhancement, and if a legendary were to drop, I wouldn't want it for my silly restoration offspec. This has created a bit of a conundrum for me - do I run with a resto loot specialization and hope to NOT get a legendary, or do I run with an enhancement loot specialization and hope that a life relic drops for someone else who then doesn't need it?

What are other people doing in these situations?

What content are you ideally looking to do in your Resto offspec? If you are only going to do heroics and LFR/Normal raids you are probably fine with the world quest trinkets and relics. I would not personally risk switching my loot spec if I were hoping for an Enhancement legendary at some point.

My situation is basically the opposite. Resto is my progression spec and Enhancement is my WQ spec. My WQ enhance trinkets and relics serve me fine for easy content.

I agree though that this is a small conundrum, and it would be better if Blizzard let you target legendaries for a spec other than your loot spec.

They should just make Legendaries come in a fancy little box that goes into your inventory and adjusts to your loot spec when you open it. Extra layer of mystery, too!

I have decent trinkets from running with guild healers but this is something that really bothers me too. I really need some resto relics but I'm scared of getting the wrong legendary.

I have the same issue as a resto druid main, but wanting to spend time in all of my other specs, especially feral. Luckily there is some overlap in life relics across all druid specs, but I've relied on excess drops and WQs so far for the other offspec relics.

Even once I get a second legendary it will be hard to swap to feral spec unless I get the best resto legendary pair. I can't think of a good solution to this now other than allowing selection of legendary spec separately from content drop spec, or allowing selection of legendary type after the drop as suggested above.

I don't expect this to be addressed either way, and at some point we're just going to bite the bullet and just pray to not get a offspec legendary if we want to progress our offspecs relics and trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traumatic View Post
    What content are you ideally looking to do in your Resto offspec? If you are only going to do heroics and LFR/Normal raids you are probably fine with the world quest trinkets and relics. I would not personally risk switching my loot spec if I were hoping for an Enhancement legendary at some point.

My situation is basically the opposite. Resto is my progression spec and Enhancement is my WQ spec. My WQ enhance trinkets and relics serve me fine for easy content.

I agree though that this is a small conundrum, and it would be better if Blizzard let you target legendaries for a spec other than your loot spec.
    Ideally, I would able to do heroics or regular mythics as a healer. I don't think I would ever raid normals, but I might pop in and do an LFR at some point. Our guild is progressing through heroic EN slowly, so there is a chance for gear there, but I just want an alternative spec to do dungeons/easy raids with if I can't be arsed to wait for the queue to pop as DPS.

I haven't tried healing a heroic dungeon yet - I'm a little anxious about that, but healing a normal is easy most of the time (though I feel the stress when the group takes a lot of damage).

It's typical, I've been ignoring the Int WQ trinkets most of the expansion so far (and when I've done them, I've DE'd them). Now that I have a resto offspec, no trinket quests are showing up - yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    They should just make Legendaries come in a fancy little box that goes into your inventory and adjusts to your loot spec when you open it. Extra layer of mystery, too!
    That's actually a really solid idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I have decent trinkets from running with guild healers but this is something that really bothers me too. I really need some resto relics but I'm scared of getting the wrong legendary.
    My hope is that at some point in a raid, a life relic or two will drop for our actual healers, and if they don't need the relic, I can steal it off them for my resto offspec :P

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchys View Post
    I have the same issue as a resto druid main, but wanting to spend time in all of my other specs, especially feral. Luckily there is some overlap in life relics across all druid specs, but I've relied on excess drops and WQs so far for the other offspec relics.

Even once I get a second legendary it will be hard to swap to feral spec unless I get the best resto legendary pair. I can't think of a good solution to this now other than allowing selection of legendary spec separately from content drop spec, or allowing selection of legendary type after the drop as suggested above.

I don't expect this to be addressed either way, and at some point we're just going to bite the bullet and just pray to not get a offspec legendary if we want to progress our offspecs relics and trinkets.
    You are probably right, it's most likely not something we will see anytime soon. But it's worth making some waves over, so I've posted it in the QA thread here: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=25#post-498