Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    The general rule of feast for st and fallout for aoe still applies.
    In mythic+ all 3 are viable. It's more of a preference and how big you pull. Fallout is better with bigger pulls. Burning alive is better with smaller pulls off enemy's that stay up a while.
    This is clearly a personnal choice I made, but I have to say as a big fan of Burning Alive until now, I am very happy with Fallout now that, as Malynd, I have unlocked "Painbringer". On M+ pulls it gives a (almost) assured DR to smooth the initial damage.
    Last edited by Yorgl; 2016-10-24 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    This is clearly a personnal choice I made, but I have to say as a big fan of Burning Alive until now, I am very happy with Fallout now that, as Malynd, I have unlocked "Painbringer". On M+ pulls it gives a (almost) assured DR to smooth the initial damage.
    I've been enjoying the change to Fallout in M+ so far. I've only had limited time to test it, but Darkheart+11 felt a lot smoother than in previous attempts, and it seemed like I had Last Resort popping much less often due to random spikes of damage during trash. The only real problem became Xavius instantly killing everyone else in the group with single Nightmare Bolts.

I'm looking forward to testing in on Mythic Dragons when we re-kill it next week to see if it makes any real difference.

New macro conditions for “reticle” spells: @cursor and @Player.
    From the Notes - Sigils included?

Patch note official :

Demon Hunter

Agonizing Flames damage bonus to Immolation Aura reduced to 30% (was 50%).
    Felblade is now usable against targets in melee range even if the Demon Hunter is rooted.
    Distance from which Soul Fragments can be used for Soul Cleave, Soul Barrier, and Spirit Bomb has been increased to 25 yards (was 20 yards).
    Demon Blades will now trigger while on the global cooldown (was delayed until after the GCD). This is not a gain to throughput.
    Spirit Bomb healing from damage increased to 15% (was 10%).
    Soul Barrier now lasts 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
    Abilities learned have been spaced out:
    Sigil of Silence – Level 101
    Empower Wards – Level 103
    Sigil of Misery – Level 105

- - - Updated - - -

Yes another nerf for our tank spec ... rest is buffing a bit useless talents
    Chic Not Geek

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    The agonizing flames nerf is lol, nerf the only worthwhile talent in the row, and it's still the only worthwhile talent in the row. How about making the other 2 options viable if you wanted to go that route?

So with the new macro modifier, can we make concentrated sigils just increase duration? It might actually be not trash when combined with flame crash then.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    Patch note official :

Demon Hunter

Felblade is now usable against targets in melee range even if the Demon Hunter is rooted.
    Distance from which Soul Fragments can be used for Soul Cleave, Soul Barrier, and Spirit Bomb has been increased to 25 yards (was 20 yards).
    Demon Blades will now trigger while on the global cooldown (was delayed until after the GCD). This is not a gain to throughput.
    Abilities learned have been spaced out:
    Sigil of Silence – Level 101
    Empower Wards – Level 103
    Sigil of Misery – Level 105

- - - Updated - - -

I seriously can't believe they are nerfing us again.... And giving us extremely minor buffs as "compensation". Its about time we just all reroll, but for me that means quitting. Cause I have no time to put into a second character.

I guess we were still dealing too much AoE in Blizzards opinion, but where's the single target compensation? Talk about easy bandaid solutions.

We can now I can finally FB during that one trash pack before Dragons of Nightmare!

"Yay!"

Nobody gives a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post

I guess we were still dealing too much AoE in Blizzards opinion, but where's the single target compensation? Talk about easy bandaid solutions.

Eh I mean its dumb but its so small of a nerf esp on single target. Instead of 48.5m damage I do 47.5m on X boss... idk its not a big deal a weeks worth of gear would give you more dps than that or critting a couple times.

In dungeons its more probably like 5% nerf since looking at my usual dungeon breakdown its more than 20% of my damage but not too high overall.

If the spec were very obviously ahead of everyone else I could see nerfs being necessary, but we're a long way from the days where AF was 100% bonus damage and we were pumping out ridiculous numbers. Looking at damage output in M EN, nothing about our overall sustained damage output justified a nerf in any way, no matter how slight.

I'll probably play with Spirit Bomb a bit more now. (increased leech to offset leech lost from Charred/AF, kappa)

Soul Barrier,

Also, I wish there were some dev notes to go a long with these patch notes.
    Last edited by Delimit; 2016-10-25 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Eh I mean its dumb but its so small of a nerf esp on single target. Instead of 48.5m damage I do 47.5m on X boss... idk its not a big deal a weeks worth of gear would give you more dps than that or critting a couple times.

In dungeons its more probably like 5% nerf since looking at my usual dungeon breakdown its more than 20% of my damage but not too high overall.
    It's more about the fact that as one of the weakest tank specs currently, I can't see the logic in spending manhours on such redundant changes. It's also quite weird as such changes communicate to the community, that they feel as if this class is in the right place, when the first major patch brings such miniscule tweaks.

I actually care the most about that Spirit Bomb change, since now I might be able to pull the next pack of mobs with it more regularly. Often I need just that extra 5 yd to start barraging the next pack with fragments left by the dying mobs. It's a welcome qol fix.
    Last edited by redfella; 2016-10-25 at 08:28 AM.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

So, dumb question, but aren't tanks supposed to be crit immune in PvE? Or did that get discarded somewhere along the line? Because when I'm tanking Xavius I'll suddenly just drop dead and somewhere in the death recap there will be a melee swing from him that hits me for double the normal damage. It was also something that seemed to be happening in pre-patch when I tried tanking the Savage Whale Shark, though the issue there was more that the Whale Shark would do nothing for a few seconds and then suddenly all its attacks for those few seconds would happen at once, effectively one-shotting whoever was tanking it (was happening to a Paladin I was tanking it with as well, so it wasn't just me.)

So yeah. Am I supposed to be taking critical hits from Xavius? Or really any raid boss for that matter? I'm aware Blackened increases the physical damage taken by 150%, but that wouldn't account for one of Xavius' melee swings in the death recap randomly doing twice the damage of his other melee swings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    So, dumb question, but aren't tanks supposed to be crit immune in PvE? Or did that get discarded somewhere along the line? Because when I'm tanking Xavius I'll suddenly just drop dead and somewhere in the death recap there will be a melee swing from him that hits me for double the normal damage. It was also something that seemed to be happening in pre-patch when I tried tanking the Savage Whale Shark, though the issue there was more that the Whale Shark would do nothing for a few seconds and then suddenly all its attacks for those few seconds would happen at once, effectively one-shotting whoever was tanking it (was happening to a Paladin I was tanking it with as well, so it wasn't just me.)

So yeah. Am I supposed to be taking critical hits from Xavius? Or really any raid boss for that matter? I'm aware Blackened increases the physical damage taken by 150%, but that wouldn't account for one of Xavius' melee swings in the death recap randomly doing twice the damage of his other melee swings.
    He does not crit, but the 150% and demon spikes falling off would account for about 2x damage taken.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    He does not crit, but the 150% and demon spikes falling off would account for about 2x damage taken.
    Hrm... except in the particular instance I'm thinking of the Death Recap read something like:

Melee 800k
    Melee 800k
    Melee 1.6 million (in the larger font I've always taken to mean a Critical Hit, but could be mistaken)
    Melee 800k

I dunno; it's been a bit so I don't remember all the details, so I guess it could've been Blackened? But I don't recall anybody dispelling while I was tanking so the sudden 1.6 million hit still seems weird to me, and I don't know what to do differently other than tell the healers not to let me get below half health.

Afaik the death recap doesn't tell you whether you got crit or not, or at the very least the font size is just based on damage done, not whether it crit or not. You'd need to check logs to see whether it was a crit or not.

As a whole the changes are pretty much all welcome. As Jello posted, the Ago nerf isn't that big of a nerf, very slight. Which makes Razor Spikes competitive for ST. Otherwise all good changes.

Soul frag pick up and Felblade Root are the best IMO. Something we've been asking for since Alpha haha.

Spirit Bomb was always competitive healing wise to FD. The 5% buff is actually decent, and reduecs the required healing for it to be better by 2-3mil depending on gear.

Soul Barrier buff is, eh. The main issue with it is the size, not the duration. It will be good for the few instances Soul Barrier is better. Just rather they would have buffed the size.

OVERALL: Talent choices don't change, except now Razor Spikes competes for ST with Ago.Ago will be more dps if you don't use Razor Spikes properly.

Hrm... except in the particular instance I'm thinking of the Death Recap read something like:

Melee 800k
    Melee 800k
    Melee 1.6 million (in the larger font I've always taken to mean a Critical Hit, but could be mistaken)
    Melee 800k

I dunno; it's been a bit so I don't remember all the details, so I guess it could've been Blackened? But I don't recall anybody dispelling while I was tanking so the sudden 1.6 million hit still seems weird to me, and I don't know what to do differently other than tell the healers not to let me get below half health.
    No point in guessing to be honest, get logs the next time you are there and we'll check what's happening.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

As far as the AF nerf. Doing some quick math over some raid logs, it's roughly ~13% nerf to the ability which equates to an average of 1.5m loss or ~2.7% overall less damage. This includes looking at a tank doing Dragons on Cenarius. In M+it is slightly higher, though with the logs I took numbers from was a 3.4% overall dps nerf. So while on paper the "20% nerf" isn't that huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Also gonna add to this.
    Just grabbing a random log.

1.3/1.5 = 0.8666% of the damage as before or 13.4% nerf.

160m Immo damage
    650m total damage

160*0.866 = 138.66m
    160-138.66 = 21.34m
    21.34/650 = 3.28%

So 3.28% less total damage than before. That's in a dung with high aoe.

So it's 13.4% nerf, but only 13.4% of a number, or a % of a %. If you had 24.7% damage with Immo, then now it would be 21.39% damage from Immo. Resulting in 3.31% nerf, which is close to the example from earlier.

So if you had 3.28% reduction on 200k dps. You would drop to 193,440k dps. 6.6k less dps. Which is a drop in the bucket outside of high end min/maxing.

In the example I gave earlier with 2.7% reduction in raid, it goes from 200k to 194.6k or 5.4k less dps.

Melee 800k
    Melee 800k
    Melee 800k

I can't remember the debuff offhand, Blackened sounds about right.
    Typically, we get X amount of debuffs, we get dispelled. Once it's dispelled, I watch for that debuff, and wait for it to fall off before taunting and resuming tanking him. I've been hit by that a couple times when we first started on him and that's exactly what I remembered, just getting completely demolished.

From a purely DPS standpoint, is the new 2.5k stat potion better, or is old war still king?