Poll: should i

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you're asking if you should go vegan, you shouldn't go vegan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I am not living vegan anymore, so I could eat whatever chocolate. That said: Even most "standard brand" darker ones (~65% and upwards) usually are made without milk/any animal products. If you want to go for White/"Milk" chocolate, there are alternatives as well.
    What made you give up? We're you Vegan due to ethical reasons or health? And was it solely diet/plant based, or actual veganism? Like no leather, wool, etc.

I'm not attacking you, just asking out of curiosity!

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Fruits, grains, and vegetables is what most people survived with throughout history. Dairy and meat was regarded a luxury for aristocrats and the rich for most of human history.

Pre-history shows the main diet of proto humans was fruits, grains and vegetables.

Meat isn't mandatory, but it provides a lot of energy. Downside is it requires way more energy to obtain it.
    Prehistoric humans were hunter-gatherers. Grains did not figure significantly in human diet until they were available in significant quantity with the advent of agriculture.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    Chocolate is easily made with ingredients other than milk, take oreos for example, they don't have any animal products in it. But they have palm oil and therefore aren't "vegan"

Then there are lots of chocolate bars made with often soy which are tasty. Some taste odd but there really good ones out there.
    All in all chocolate snacks don't require milk.
    What's wrong with palm oil tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I am not living vegan anymore, so I could eat whatever chocolate. That said: Even most "standard brand" darker ones (~65% and upwards) usually are made without milk/any animal products. If you want to go for White/"Milk" chocolate, there are alternatives as well.
    Not really fan of dark chocolates usually The taste is just wayyy too sweet/strong for me. Any of the latter you can recommend? ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I like cheese pizza though
    But I bet you like Pepperoni on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    But I bet you like Pepperoni on it too.
    Pizza without pepperoni is a very sad pizza!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    If you sit on your ass the whole day working in a cubicle, then yes, go vegan.
    If you actually do some activities then stick to meat.

While it is regrettable the way animals are being threated, they are still food.
    Not only that but if the OP stops eating animals, someone else will just eat them instead. Going vegan is not only stupid (youre missing out on nutrients and a good source of protein), but doing so will do absolutely nothing to save animals

This information is readily available on the internet.
    Is it really that hard to understand why people don't want to support this? ( I don't mean that in a rude way) just as a normal question.
    Because I like steak and don't care where it comes from or how it was treated.

And chicken nuggets.

And meat stuffed fajitas.

And that tasty grilled burger.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Not only that but if the OP stops eating animals, someone else will just eat them instead. Going vegan is not only stupid (youre missing out on nutrients and a good source of protein), but doing so will do absolutely nothing to save animals
    People can choose to do it if they want. It's no more stupid than choosing not to drink alcohol. But, your other points do ring true. It doesn't make a difference on any scale. There are 7+ billion people on this planet, and a big portion would love to have more on their plates, as people in the west do. There's always going to be someone who would want to eat more, instead of two cups of rice a day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    *looks around cautiously*

They feed their trees people to make it.

*runs away*

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Pizza without pepperoni is a very sad pizza!
    Indeed! Pepperoni is life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Because so much of what is called "meat" is not really meat, and even more of it has too many hormones, steroids, and other bad chemicals in them. This is some really bad junk injected into much of our "meat products".

Just get daily B vitamins through either a daily multi-vitamin pill, or even possibly through a pill specifically geared towards B vitamins. Being vegan is not a magic bullet that solves dietary issues.
    That depends where you buy your meat. If youre buying your meat at Walmart, or course youre getting shitty meat with additives and chemicals (its also a much lower grade of meat as well. You arent getting USDA Prime at Walmart) How else do you think they can sell beef tenderloin for $5 per pound ( a lot of time they pass off sirloin tip steaks as tenderloin as well). Buy your meat from a good reputable source like your local butcher or a good online source like I do, and you wont be disappointed.

I buy a quarter cow every 6 months at this website http://www.alderspring.com/ and have never looked back. I have NEVER tasted beef so good. Their cows are free range, grass fed only organic food (no stuffing them with cheap corn and grain like many farms do), and they are treated well. The meat is also dry aged for even more flavor. Most of their meat is USDA Prime, and most people who try it at my house flip out over how good it is and how they never realized what beef is supposed to taste like. Yeah its a little more expensive, but worth every penny, and you can get a good deal if you buy a quarter, half, or whole cow instead of just buying 2 steaks.

I also buy a quarter bison every 9 months from https://www.northstarbison.com Bison is not only very healthy and low in fat, it tastes amazing (provided you know how to cook or have someone else to cook it for you). These are also grass fed and very well taken care of. They are not treated badly at all, and every time I serve it I get many compliments. Most people have only ever tried a bison burger (if theyve tried bison at all), but bison steaks, roasts, stews, etc... are all very yummy, and taste similar to beef.
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-10-25 at 11:58 AM.

You don't need to. They also put a lot of shit on greens. Just educate yourself on how and were to get your food-stuffs from to avoid the trouble areas you don't like, like buying your eggs directly from a farm. Some farms also sell meat cuts, but I don't know how frequent that is, nor if it's legal everywere.

So it's just about doing some research.

Deleted

Not really fan of dark chocolates usually The taste is just wayyy too sweet/strong for me. Any of the latter you can recommend? ^^
    The production of palm oil is quite bad for the animals in the rainforests. People are sad over a gorilla like Harambee dying, yet so many gorillas die a year due to palm oil. That's mainly why. If it was for the product itself, it would have been vegan as its like any other oil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Because I like steak and don't care where it comes from or how it was treated.

And chicken nuggets.

And meat stuffed fajitas.

And that tasty grilled burger.
    Welp that's a very honest answer. A lot of people feel the way you do.
    I used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    So you compare an asian woman in her 40s with makeup, with a 76y old man, and find the woman more attractive.

I'm shocked by the revelation.
    Bill Murray is 66. So yea, you're proving my point. Eating shit as well as smoking and etc will make you look much older than you really are.

This gentleman is 64 and looks far better than Bill Murray. Storm Talifero has been on a raw vegan diet for 42 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Bill Murray is 66. So yea, you're proving my point. Eating shit as well as smoking and etc will make you look much older than you really are.

This gentleman is 64 and looks far better than Bill Murray. Storm Talifero has been on a raw vegan diet for 42 years.

And probably hasnt enjoyed a single meal in those 42 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And probably hasnt enjoyed a single meal in those 42 years
    As opposed to taking Coumadin cause being healthy is for the uninsured.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post

Seems you are way too focused on the details and don't understand the general meaning of the sentence, like you can only understand the literal meaning of words.

Maybe you were vaccinated and that affected your ability to follow complex structures.

Anyway, I'll correct the typo, thanks for the head up.

The production of palm oil is quite bad for the animals in the rainforests. People are sad over a gorilla like Harambee dying, yet so many gorillas die a year due to palm oil. That's mainly why. If it was for the product itself, it would have been vegan as its like any other oil.
    If we're to follow this logic into plant foods, and how many mice die to get that for you, how can you eat anything in the end?

Give this video a watch. It changed my views on the matter:

https://youtu.be/jYlSdX-WpyA

I love the taste of meat. Who doesn't. But is taste worth dying for?

If I could eat meat everyday without harming animals, I would, because as I said, it's heavenly delicious. But this isn't a solid justification anymore. We don't need it to survived. Last time I checked all vegans are alive and well and living longer with less diseases realtive to meat eaters. So yes, go vegan if you can and are strong enough ;-)
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator