Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Yeah running it straight into the ground
    And yet its said that Legion has bumped up subs to 10mil and blizzard still makes a fuck ton of money hand over fist.

But hey you know better then them, Go make ur MMO and show them how its done.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.
    There were people clearing regular mythic in like 810 ilvl. Not too sure, but I think there are people clearing mythic raids in like 840 or lower.

These people, got good. Or should I say, were good all along.

This proves you don't need "recommended ilvls" to clear content.

BUT. But. Many people can't do that. Even if these people are not "casuals". So yes, the casuals do need the gear. Even if not for clearing content, but as a form of in-game satisfaction and reward.

Even if they don't use the rewarded gear for the intended content, it's up to them.

This is what I call options. Which is seldom wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUzer0 View Post
    Another way to spin this "issue" is to say that preraid gearing is too easy and casual/solo players run thru their ilevel progression way too fast. When you can get 850-860 ilevel in just a couple of weeks without once stepping into a raid (more if you can farm mythic+) it is pretty clear that gearing is too fast as it is. Remember that normal EN only drops 850, when you are above that you are already overgeared for normal raiding. Do you need more at that point? If you are a solo player, do you think that you "deserve" (as in reasonable reward to challenge and/or time investment ratio) more gear at that point?
    This. More to the point, it's pretty easy to hit 840 before you have to bother with mythics, too. So people, the real casual people, were kind of in a situation where they had little reason to want to bother with mythics, already outgeared the new LFR before it even came out, plus, mostly already outgeared normal EN as well. So they were mostly left with just Mythic+ and heroic EN, content clearly not meant for them, and all the other content left was stuff that'd feel painfully unrewarding unless something Titanforged.

On the upside, it's a problem that'll mostly fix itself with higher item level mythics and LFR's. Hopefully, anyways.

It's just right now, it's exactly like you said. A very casual player gears WAY too fast and WAY too easily.

IMHO, the launch ilvl forge limit should have been 840, not 850, and it should have raised +5 ilvls per week until 895, starting at the EN launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Player A: Plays the game for 40 hours a week and has 875+ ilvl.
    Player B: Plays the game for 10 hours a week and has 850+ ilvl.

I would say that yes, the person playing the most deserves the better gear.
    Yes, but somewhat irrelevant, because the problem Blizzard is facing looks something like this:

Player A: Plays the game for 40 hours a week and has 875+ ilvl.
    Player B: Plays the game for 10 hours a week and has 850+ ilvl.
    Player C: Plays the game for 0 hours a week and has 823+ ilvl. (unsubscribed)
    Player D: Plays the game for 0 hours a week and has 818+ ilvl. (unsubscribed)
    Player E: Plays the game for 0 hours a week and has 812+ ilvl. (unsubscribed)
    Player F: Plays the game for 0 hours a week and has 807+ ilvl. (unsubscribed)
    Player G: Plays the game for 0 hours a week and has 803+ ilvl. (unsubscribed)
    Player H: Plays the game for 0 hours a week and has 799+ ilvl. (unsubscribed)
    Player I: Plays the game for 0 hours a week and has 790+ ilvl. (unsubscribed)
    Player J: Plays the game for 0 hours a week and has 778+ ilvl. (unsubscribed)

Gear progression is probably the best incentive to play so if Blizzard don't get enough money what do you think they will do?

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    This. More to the point, it's pretty easy to hit 840 before you have to bother with mythics, too. So people, the real casual people, were kind of in a situation where they had little reason to want to bother with mythics, already outgeared the new LFR before it even came out, plus, mostly already outgeared normal EN as well. So they were mostly left with just Mythic+ and heroic EN, content clearly not meant for them, and all the other content left was stuff that'd feel painfully unrewarding unless something Titanforged.

On the upside, it's a problem that'll mostly fix itself with higher item level mythics and LFR's. Hopefully, anyways.

It's just right now, it's exactly like you said. A very casual player gears WAY too fast and WAY too easily.

IMHO, the launch ilvl forge limit should have been 840, not 850, and it should have raised +5 ilvls per week until 895, starting at the EN launch.
    I disagree a bit.

To reach ilvl 850+ one of two things has happen.

1) You got lucky on some drops (lots of them) and reached that ilvl.
    2) Your doing Mythic+,Mythic's and at lease LFR.

The first means you just got lucky and the second means you are doing more then what the average casual player is doing. Like you said tho it will balance itself out as time go's on. Now I will admit my opinion there is based on my own personal experience. I play way more then the average casual player and have done more. I have only passed 850 (current 857) In the past two weeks thanks to Mythic+ dungeons.

The only thing blizzard has done right from a business standpoint is the legendary's. They are a goal for lots of people and those people will keep playing to get them. No matter how high they get there ilvl in the process.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    So basically I just quoted what I read between the lines there. So let me ask you: Why you care so much what others do? You feel ready with your 855 ok go on. Someone else wants to be casual in legendaries. Their reasons at any time are as valid as yours. Saying who deserves what is exactly whats wrong with you and your post. So there fixed it for you so people can read exactly what you mean minus all the blubber to justify the insanity.

- - - Updated - - -

In pvp servers gear is a means of self defense. Otherwise you get stomped every night. Getting access to gear as a casual is a fair mechanic. Ofc some people would rather see plebs around them to feel better for themselves.
    What others do does in fact affect each of us because other people trivially getting the same rewards that you worked for devalues said reward. That is an indisputable fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    There were people clearing regular mythic in like 810 ilvl. Not too sure, but I think there are people clearing mythic raids in like 840 or lower.

These people, got good. Or should I say, were good all along.

This proves you don't need "recommended ilvls" to clear content.

BUT. But. Many people can't do that. Even if these people are not "casuals". So yes, the casuals do need the gear. Even if not for clearing content, but as a form of in-game satisfaction and reward.

Even if they don't use the rewarded gear for the intended content, it's up to them.

This is what I call options. Which is seldom wrong.
    Pretty sure nobody cleared mythic with their average raid ilvl that low so sorry, try again. Hell the world first had a pretty good number of legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I know this is bait, but i'll bite the chum.

1. Casuals needs gear so they could atleast be at the normal raid status. Usually, causal player do normal/half of heroic raids. They don't do mythics, but they're still pretty nice raiders. They want to be at the ilvl as to where they won't get declined throughout every group they see.

2. Mods get over here. We have a thread to close.
    This isn't about casuals that occassionally raid. This is about casuals that do nothing besides WQs.. I recommend reading the post that OP is refering to.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    What others do does in fact affect each of us because other people trivially getting the same rewards that you worked for devalues said reward. That is an indisputable fact.
    It only devalues the reward if your ego is based around it.

Normal people give no fucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    At this point I just throw my support behind this. Because this is way better then this RNG clusterfuck stacked Diablo game they have turned Warcraft into.

Fuck titanforge, Fuck random sockets, fuck Legendaries, fuck coins, fuck caches, fuck random stats, and mother fuck Jay Wilson.

Id get rid of most of that mishegoes as well. Fix sockets on rings,neck and headpiece. Dump TF and WF out the window. Remove versatility from necks and rings.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    This isn't about casuals that occassionally raid. This is about casuals that do nothing besides WQs.. I recommend reading the post that OP is refering to.
    Ohhh.....well..idk then. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure nobody cleared mythic with their average raid ilvl that low so sorry, try again. Hell the world first had a pretty good number of legendaries.
    By that same token people completing mythic devalues the effforts of people.completing normal/heroic/lfr etc etc

I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl?
    Yes, it does require an 880 ilvl.

I am entitled to get the same amount of content as someone who commits to Dungeons or Raids. I only play the game 30 minutes on every other weekend but I still pay the same. Where is my 880 gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It only devalues the reward if your ego is based around it.

Normal people give no fucks.
    Then why do you need it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    By that same token people completing mythic devalues the effforts of people.completing normal/heroic/lfr etc etc
    Do you even read what you write?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Why do casuals need gear?

To make you mad, apparently!

I have two characters with 850 (+ legendary!) and 845 gear. I've only killed Nythrenda on normal, never done any keystone runs, done one arena (which I won!)

But then I'd like to ask why hardcore players and midcore that think they're the shit need gear from raiding, surely, raiding is about the challenge and compansionship?

I'm just waiting for the day where I get to see someone with this despicable attitude ("I'm best, you suck!") that pops up here disturbingly often have a go at a casual IRL
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Efforts and LFR in the same sentence.

HEHE XD

They need gear because that's what Blizzard made the focus of character progression with putting 'item level' big and bold at the top of your character sheet. For me I think up until some point during wotlk the entire game was played for the experience and loot was just something that came with it. Now loot is all some people can or want to talk about.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    all i can say is..............

GIT GUD
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is this thread still open? I honestly expected it to be shut down by now. kekle

How is this thread still open? I honestly expected it to be shut down by now. kekle
    It's a fun argument

Anyway, all content has an ilvl base. If you don't want to do harder content, no good gear.

I'm gonna personally enjoy how kara isn't a queueable dungeon. Gonna head to the store for popcorn for that one.