Page 36 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    is this a nerf or a buff or just a reshuffle ?
    its a buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    is this a nerf or a buff or just a reshuffle ?
    It is buff dmg wise and a nerf to dark pact. Probably to keep it more in line with demon skin now that its going to be in the same tier.

Deleted
    Reading through a few 90+% logs on cenarius/xavius mythic I see some warlocks are only manually casting Doom 0-1 times. Is this really optimal? Because if a mechanic interrupts your casting enough you'll be left in a position where going back to your normal priority list will cause Doom to fall off before your next Hand of Guldan.

Im playing with the DG as final talent in M+; It does a lot of dmg on trash and its not the big lose on bosses. There are some bosses with more than 1 target where its better than DB.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC View Post
    Reading through a few 90+% logs on cenarius/xavius mythic I see some warlocks are only manually casting Doom 0-1 times. Is this really optimal? Because if a mechanic interrupts your casting enough you'll be left in a position where going back to your normal priority list will cause Doom to fall off before your next Hand of Guldan.
    you can look for de-/buff uptime in logs just check if they've got 100% uptime. i would bet.

maybe they just don't have these gaps in their rotations by boss mechanics or they're using a low shard HoG in these times idk.
    I, for myself, am using Doom everytime i have to move and can't use SF or any usefull cooldowns for avoiding damage (often you got adds on which you may have enough uptime for getting doom ticks, so i think it's a valuable way of dpsing)

greetz,
    Crypt

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    It is buff dmg wise and a nerf to dark pact. Probably to keep it more in line with demon skin now that its going to be in the same tier.
    I'm guessing a nerf to the relics that increase demon health and haste from empowerment as well.

Any idea what % change it will be to Thakiels now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongosaurus View Post
    I'm guessing a nerf to the relics that increase demon health and haste from empowerment as well.

Any idea what % change it will be to Thakiels now?
    Hm relics didnt get changed as far as i know so its a "buff"? Same as with the trait in Thalkiel. getting from 20% to 26% hp is a bigger increase than from 50% to 56%. They have more "value". That said dunno if anything changes in the "best traits order" list.

About TKC, Not has allready done the math for it http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post42336036 (Taken from front page)

Ah, guess I was remembering the relic wrong and thinking it was 6% increase to the total value as in 106% of 20% or a total of 21.6%. Not 20% to 26% lol.

It's still early and I'm tired from staying up.

Deleted
    The buff to TKC changes the relative value of the relics that increase the Summoner's Prowess trait, not sure if they would overtake Doom of Azeroth or Infernal Furnace relics, however.

Anyone else notice the damage value on their Doom tooltip go down? My doom tooltip was showing 370k-ish last night and now its 274k. Stealth nerf or tooltip adjustment?

Just tested it out and its not a bad tooltip. The damage is under 300k each tic unless i have imps/hounds out due to the legendary belt. With the belt and 8 imps and 2 hounds i was easily breaking 420k. why the nerf?
    Last edited by xuros; 2016-10-25 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Anyone else notice the damage value on their Doom tooltip go down? My doom tooltip was showing 370k-ish last night and now its 274k. Stealth nerf or tooltip adjustment?
    People were talking about tooltip damage being inconsistent so I'm willing to bet it's just a correction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    Slightly salty about this, I'm going to miss being able to just pop a 1.9mil shield and stand in shit.
    Resident BM Asshole

10+ Year Old Account
    Im getting pretty discouraged. My DPS is insanely low https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WzJ4KcDBfvZNYdG8
    I feel like I have to move all the time (starting to feel like my guild plays like chickens with their heads cut off.)
    But I always have to move to avoid dying.. oh and get this - our healing/balance druids don't seem to know where the brez button is, so I have to do it most of the time.

Any tips or tricks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    Im getting pretty discouraged. My DPS is insanely low --log link--
    I feel like I have to move all the time (starting to feel like my guild plays like chickens with their heads cut off.)
    But I always have to move to avoid dying.. oh and get this - our healing/balance druids don't seem to know where the brez button is, so I have to do it most of the time.

Any tips or tricks?
    On the logs, click the Compare button at the top and select yourself and then one of the top Demo warlocks showing in the results. Look at the spells side by side such as amount of casts and uptime. Should help you with figuring out what's going wrong. Your doom uptime is very low for one thing. I also notice you don't use Demonwrath during movement, which can net you a small overall dps increase as well. Perhaps your haste is really low since I notice significantly fewer casts of the most impactful spells as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyoria View Post
    On the logs, click the Compare button at the top and select yourself and then one of the top Demo warlocks showing in the results. Look at the spells side by side such as amount of casts and uptime. Should help you with figuring out what's going wrong. Your doom uptime is very low for one thing. I also notice you don't use Demonwrath during movement, which can net you a small overall dps increase as well. Perhaps your haste is really low since I notice significantly fewer casts of the most impactful spells as well.
    Thank you so much for the tips!
    Yea I have to move a ton, I keep yelling at people about it but no one seems to care
    I'll do that, weird about doom, I feel like I'm solid on recasting when it has around 9 seconds left, will watch closer

Haste is at 29% is that low?
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Apologies if this has been answered before, but is the change to TKC only relevant for the ability itself? In other words empowerment still gives your demons the same hp as it did yesterday? Although only 20% is taken.

Asking in relation to Dark Pact and 400% shield of demon hp.

Just got a wowdb com/items/142173-ring-of-collapsing-futures. Apparently the 15 second use on it comes with a 30 second debuff that gives the ring a chance to go on a 5 minute cooldown. So far my results for a 5 minute cd are three and eight stacks. The haste on it is kind of low but I get the feeling it will be considered a good ring once the craziness of it is sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    Thank you so much for the tips!
    Yea I have to move a ton, I keep yelling at people about it but no one seems to care
    I'll do that, weird about doom, I feel like I'm solid on recasting when it has around 9 seconds left, will watch closer

Haste is at 29% is that low?
    I only apply Doom once in most fights - as part of the opener. It gets reapplied via Hands of Guldan assuming you take the talent for it (highly recommended). Your haste is fine at 29%. It's likely the much fewer casts is more related to moving around too much and thus cancelling spell casts too often. Watch some of Not's videos which shows his POV in mythic EN for better ideas of how little movement should be involved to maximize your dps: youtube dot com /user/barthonic/videos (had to segment it out - can't post links yet)

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey Not, can we expect an update to the damage calculation on TKC in your weakaura pack? I'm seeing 750k pop up when I just tried it then when it was telling me I would do about 500k.

Quote Originally Posted by Altecman View Post
    Apologies if this has been answered before, but is the change to TKC only relevant for the ability itself? In other words empowerment still gives your demons the same hp as it did yesterday? Although only 20% is taken.

Asking in relation to Dark Pact and 400% shield of demon hp.
    DE health change is a nerf to Dark Pact but the TKC HP drain buff makes it an overall DPS gain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxxic View Post
    Hey Not, can we expect an update to the damage calculation on TKC in your weakaura pack? I'm seeing 750k pop up when I just tried it then when it was telling me I would do about 500k.
    Sooon(tm).

Is the new potion better than Deadly Grace?