Deleted

Trueshot rotation

Hello,

I understand that the normal rotation (assuming Windburst and Barrage are on cd) is:

SW -> AS -> MS -> AS -> AS -> repeat

Currently I also use the following as opener:
    Precast WB during pull countdown -> Trueshot Aura -> SW -> Barrage -> Marked Shot -> ???

My question is what to do during trueshot rotation. Assuming that I always cast WB/Barrage as priority, how many Aimed Shots do I try to fit in the Vulnerable window with the +40% haste?
    Do I prioritise as many AS as possible, even at the expense of capping SW? Or do I cast SW when it is about to reach 2 stacks, the AS -> MS -> ?

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by mmoc7d2e3a4ea8; 2016-10-24 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtarron View Post
    Hello,

I understand that the normal rotation (assuming Windburst and Barrage are on cd) is:

SW -> AS -> MS -> AS -> AS -> repeat

Currently I also use the following as opener:
    Precast AS during pull countdown -> Trueshot Aura -> SW -> Barrage -> Marked Shot -> ???

My question is what to do during trueshot rotation. Assuming that I always cast WB/Barrage as priority, how many Aimed Shots do I try to fit in the Vulnerable window with the +40% haste?
    Do I prioritise as many AS as possible, even at the expense of capping SW? Or do I cast SW when it is about to reach 2 stacks, the AS -> MS -> ?

Thank you for your help.
    Your aim in TS windows should be to get 4 Marked Shots out whilst not being focus capped (with lust only, otherwise 3.)

Your opener should be the same as Azor's guide. Pre-pot, - Precast WB at 2 secs before pull. Not AS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Actus View Post
    Your aim in TS windows should be to get 4 Marked Shots out whilst not being focus capped (with lust only, otherwise 3.)

Your opener should be the same as Azor's guide. Pre-pot, - Precast WB at 2 secs before pull. Not AS.

Ah, that was a typo, I meant to say precast WB. Corrected it, thanks.

As for getting in 4 Marked Shots during TS windows, does that mean I should always go Sidewinders -> MS -> AS -> AS -> Sidewinders repeat during TS window?

Your aim during TS should be to always make sure SW is on CD. I can 100% get 4 MS in during lust using the following:

precast WB > TS (Barrage) > SW > AiS > MS > AiS > SW. You can fit a few shots in before you use your next SW just make sure 2 things are considered: Always have enough focus, and always make sure you are using SW before 2 charges so that the CD keeps rolling. Your 4th SW will come off CD with ~3 seconds left on TS. Use SW then immediately MS then begin your normal rotation. If you proc LnL you can use both in any of these windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    Your aim during TS should be to always make sure SW is on CD. I can 100% get 4 MS in during lust using the following:

precast WB > TS (Barrage) > SW > AiS > MS > AiS > SW. You can fit a few shots in before you use your next SW just make sure 2 things are considered: Always have enough focus, and always make sure you are using SW before 2 charges so that the CD keeps rolling. Your 4th SW will come off CD with ~3 seconds left on TS. Use SW then immediately MS then begin your normal rotation. If you proc LnL you can use both in any of these windows.
    Why AiS after your first SW, you end up missing the benefit of Marked for Death on that AiS.

Follow the opener sequence described here: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksma...owns-abilities, if you're something like a troll you can cast barrage prior to SW and easily get your 4th (or 3rd) MS proc

As a troll, with lust my opener looks like this (assuming no Lock n load procs) -

Prepot
    WB (encounter starts with like 0.2s left)
    Trushot+Berserking
    SW
    MS
    AiS
    AiS
    AiS
    SW
    MS
    AiS
    AiS
    SW
    MS
    AiS
    AiS
    SW
    MS (Trueshot falls off around here, you ideally want to get this MS w/in TS in order to get the buff from Rapid Killing)
    AiS/Normal rotation

With LnL you can squeeze out 2 more AiS in there, the point is to not let SW get 2 stacks before using it. I assume this would look pretty similar w/o being a troll but putting your first SW pre barrage. Outside of lust you're just aiming for 3 MS within trushot, pretty easy as any race.

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    Why AiS after your first SW, you end up missing the benefit of Marked for Death on that AiS.
    i remember reading that MfD is baked into Vulnerable, regardless of it being from Sidewinders or MS
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    i remember reading that MfD is baked into Vulnerable, regardless of it being from Sidewinders or MS
    It does indeed show up in the Vulnerable debuff tooltip on the target, even when just casting Aimed Shot. Would need to test it via logs to be 100% certain, but it is possible that it just shows up in the tooltip since both SW and MS apply Vulnerable, but it only works after casting MS. Not saying it does work that way, but with Blizzard it's possible.

Deleted

Follow the opener sequence described here: icy-veins.com/wow/marksmanship-hunter-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities, if you're something like a troll you can cast barrage prior to SW and easily get your 4th (or 3rd) MS proc

As a troll, with lust my opener looks like this (assuming no Lock n load procs) -

Prepot
    WB (encounter starts with like 0.2s left)
    Trushot+Berserking
    SW
    MS
    AiS
    AiS
    AiS
    SW
    MS
    AiS
    AiS
    SW
    MS
    AiS
    AiS
    SW
    MS (Trueshot falls off around here, you ideally want to get this MS w/in TS in order to get the buff from Rapid Killing)
    AiS/Normal rotation

With LnL you can squeeze out 2 more AiS in there, the point is to not let SW get 2 stacks before using it. I assume this would look pretty similar w/o being a troll but putting your first SW pre barrage. Outside of lust you're just aiming for 3 MS within trushot, pretty easy as any race.

So, do you not barrage at all during trueshot aura phase? I was led to believe that barrage and windburst should always be cast when off cooldown.

between sw and ms i put as many ais as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by nacruza View Post
    between sw and ms i put as many ais as possible...
    For the normal rotation sure, but while Trueshots up is it better to use MS right after SW?

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    For the normal rotation sure, but while Trueshots up is it better to use MS right after SW?
    why would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by nacruza View Post
    why would that be?
    There is some debate on whether or not Marked for Death is applied only my Marked Shot or if it is baked into Vulerability and applied by both Sidewinders and Marked Shot.

- - - Updated - - -

In my experience, even as bloodelf, you don't need to put your first SW before barrage. This may be subject to change at higher haste levels or with a BI trinket/other haste proc/use trinket. Using SW after barrage is nice since you can recoup that focus and use it for another AiS at no expense to your SW cd.