Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    And the only reason the raids do drop the best gear in the game is that a couple of WoW devs are into them, so they are pushing them even though they really are irrelevant shit, to borrow your words again.
    The raiding model requires better gear drops. The whole idea is to let players progress through gear cause they themself are not improving as players. That's the core aspect of rpg's. Character progression instead of player skill progression. If people would have too just realize that they are too shit and won't improve they would quit. So instead you give them gear progression and they will grind for months til their characters are strong enough to carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    It's shocking that you don't understand that the hardest content will always drop the best gear. Shocking.
    Shocking, but there are other factors besides difficulty. Shocking.

It's irrelevant. If they made raiding gear the best in raids, nobody would have complained. But they are making raiding gear the best everywhere, so they get complaints from people who aren't interested in raids but interested in those other parts.

Maybe you should have read what it is I am saying before commenting.
    "It's irrelevant because I want it to be irrelevant, so I'm going to deflect and claim that you didn't read"

They never do give up, huh?

Gotta love how he ignores the class hall gear set too, rofl.

It's irrelevant. If they made raiding gear the best in raids and nowhere else (ie, via a stat named "Raiding Power" similar to "PVP Power" which only worked in BGs/arenas), nobody would have complained. But they are making raiding gear the best everywhere, so they get complaints from people who aren't interested in raids but interested in those other parts.

Maybe you should have read what it is I am saying before commenting.
    I changed my mine, I agree with this person now. I think they should require 3 sets of gear: Solo, Raid, PVP. You get a substantial boost when using the right gear and a red negative when you do not. I guess they can still have the 850 base ilevel for pvp and raid, right? Cuz it's all about skill and not gear, right? Maybe do that, have a raid prestige system. No need gear, but you get raid prestige for each boss killed. Half points if you die, no points if you die in first 30 seconds etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    and I never feel entitled to gear.
    but you felt entitled to whine about other people's actions
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    False. Some are locked behind defeating X amount of dungeon end bosses.

Otherwise, I agree with the rest. Don't put in the effort, you don't deserve that higher ilevel. Simple is as simple does.
    okay, fair enough. for the legs you have to do all the dungeons in normal. That's literally it. The legs are the 2nd piece you get after dinging 110. So solo for 7/8 pieces and normal groupfinder dungeons for the last item.

Deleted
    Please drop that patronizing tone, it's your raids that are irrelevant shit to me and to many others. If your stupid raids didn't drop the best gear in the game, the majority wouldn't touch them with a ten-feet pole. And the only reason the raids do drop the best gear in the game is that a couple of WoW devs are into them, so they are pushing them even though they really are irrelevant shit, to borrow your words again.
    Well this wasent just about raids.
    This was about all group content.
    The trigger point was that some dude wanted to have solo content dropping giving alot more ilvl.
    And that is lulz.

Why do hardcores get triggered when casuals get good gear? What's in it for you? How does it ruin your gameplay? Does it takes something away from you? I don't think so. It may actually help you. That "casual" guy might one day with good enough gear start doing dungeons/raids in your guild. So what's the fucking problem?

I quit retail long ago, but if I was still playing there, having an ability to get bis gear by playing solo/being casual would be a gigantic draw in for me. But it has to be BIS gear. Not "just good, but tier behind THE bis". It gotta be THE bis.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I changed my mine, I agree with this person now. I think they should require 3 sets of gear: Solo, Raid, PVP. You get a substantial boost when using the right gear and a red negative when you do not. I guess they can still have the 850 base ilevel for pvp and raid, right? Cuz it's all about skill and not gear, right? Maybe do that, have a raid prestige system. No need gear, but you get raid prestige for each boss killed. Half points if you die, no points if you die in first 30 seconds etc.
    You get epic PvP gear when your rating is high, though. (pvp gear is less relevant as well because templates. What do you need those ilvls for, questing?)
    Same concept. Get good, you get better rewards. Epic pvp gear does exist. Same concept applies.
    Current raids are a prestige system. You get better gear every time you step up a difficulty level. Current system is 100% fine, people are just whiny shits.

people are just whiny shits.
    I'm antsy this morning, my mind is all over the damn place. I just need a new game to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    Well this wasent just about raids.
    This was about all group content.
    The trigger point was that some dude wanted to have solo content dropping giving alot more ilvl.
    And that is lulz.
    It's not lulz, that dude wanted the best gear for things he does to come from those same things he does. What he wants is completely logical and completely valid. (Remember "best gear for PVP should come from PVP"? It's the same here. Well, since we are in Legion, we have that again - best gear for PVP now comes from raids, thank you, Holinka.)

It's Blizzard geniuses who decided that the best gear for everything has to come from raids who are being idiots.

It's not lulz, that dude wanted the best gear for things he does to come from those same things he does. What he wants is completely logical and completely valid. (Remember "best gear for PVP should come from PVP"? It's the same here. Well, since we are in Legion, we have that again - best gear for PVP now comes from raids, thank you, Holinka.)

It's Blizzard geniuses who decided that the best gear for everything has to come from raids who are being idiots.
    But that's not true in any way

You get epic PvP gear when your rating is high, though. (pvp gear is less relevant as well because templates. What do you need those ilvls for, questing?)
    Same concept. Get good, you get better rewards. Epic pvp gear does exist. Same concept applies.
    Current raids are a prestige system. You get better gear every time you step up a difficulty level. Current system is 100% fine, people are just whiny shits.
    Yeah, yeah, get good, same concept, bla bla bla.

If it's so great, let's add a rating system to raids and dole out best gear according to the rating, huh? What, you don't want it? Why not? "Get good", no? What? You are saying PVE is a different beast and such a system wouldn't work well for it? Who the hell told you that this system works for PVP, eh? It doesn't work. Look at the participation, you don't have to take my word for it.

- - - Updated - - -

But that's not true in any way
    It's true in all practical senses.

Getting best gear for PVP from PVP is only possible for 0.1% of the players. BY DESIGN. So, please stop with your fantasies.

Deleted
    It's not lulz, that dude wanted the best gear for things he does to come from those same things he does. What he wants is completely logical and completely valid. (Remember "best gear for PVP should come from PVP"? It's the same here. Well, since we are in Legion, we have that again - best gear for PVP now comes from raids again, thank you, Holinka.)

If you think so, than thats okay by me.
    But i dont think/fell that way.
    You should not get "best shit ever" for cracking nuts and collect squirrls.
    Wont this sort itself out when a new tier comes, and they high us the baseline from wqs?
    wont they raise the WQ gear?
    Or do you srs mean they should get 880 from WQs?

Deleted
    They neither deserve nor need gear.

If it's so great, let's add a rating system to raids and dole out best gear according to the rating, huh? What, you don't want it? Why not? "Get good", no? What? You are saying PVE is a different beast and such a system wouldn't work well for it? Who the hell told you that this system works for PVP, eh? It doesn't work. Look at the participation, you don't have to take my word for it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's true in all practical senses.

Getting best gear for PVP from PVP is only possible for 0.1% of the players. BY DESIGN. So, please stop with your fantasies.
    You do know that you don't have to be rank 1 to get the best pvp gear, right?

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    They neither deserve nor need gear.
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    You should not get "best shit ever" for cracking nuts and collect squirrls.
    I should absolutely get best shit ever for cracking nuts from cracking nuts. That's all I am saying.

(Again, if raiding gear was only best in raids, say, with drops having same base stats but big amounts of a special stat named "PVE Power" which would scale everything *in raids and nowhere else*, nobody wouldn't have complained. But it works differently, raiding gear is the best everywhere, so there are complaints.)

- - - Updated - - -

You do know that you don't have to be rank 1 to get the best pvp gear, right?
    Yes, I do, and it kind of follows from what I said about 0.1%. But since you aren't big on math, you have to reask.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    What others do does in fact affect each of us because other people trivially getting the same rewards that you worked for devalues said reward. That is an indisputable fact.
    Be very careful when you make that argument, since someone getting BETTER gear also devalues the reward someone else gets. "Yes, you thought you were hot stuff, but look at him! You actually suck."

Carrying your logic forward would argue for elimination of the harder content with its better rewards, since that content devalues the game experience of the larger number of mediocre players.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I should absolutely get best shit ever for cracking nuts from cracking nuts. That's all I am saying.

(Again, if raiding gear was only best in raids, say, with drops having same base stats but big amounts of a special stat named "PVE Power" which would scale everything *in raids and nowhere else*, nobody wouldn't have complained. But it works differently, raiding gear is the best everywhere, so there are complaints.)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do, and it kind of follows from what I said about 0.1%. But since you aren't big on math, you have to reask.
    So you're saying that you don't want to grind rating, don't want to do challenging group content and still want the best gear?

*snickers*

Deleted

The rating system is the different difficulties and the bosses. You want heroic gear? Get gud and clear hc. You want Mythic Xavius gear? Get gud and kill him.

I do agree however the pvp system is stupid in general