Exclamation Starcraft 2 nearly in-plyable

Okay so like the title says, can barely attempt anything on SC2. It lags out to where I'm at 1FPS if that while doing anything besides the campaign. The game itself takes like 2mins to launch and open, and maps/matches take a minute or more also. The in game settings recommend I play at max settings, but evne when changing all settings to the bare minimum there is 0 difference.

My ISP is showing me running at 32PING, 20.85Mb/s download speed, and 1.84Mb/s upload speed.
    I have ran scan and repair, and set the battle.net app to exit completely when the game launches and it does nothing.

Below is my Dxdiag if it helps at all.
    Plz help.

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 10/23/2016, 18:37:56
    Machine name: COTTONSPC
    Machine Id: {ED721868-06F5-4339-8E64-80BF996E401E}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161004-2338)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model: G750JW
    BIOS: G750JW.210
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8142MB RAM
    Page File: 4577MB used, 9708MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Not Available
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 765M
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E2&SUBSYS_119D1043&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 6088 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2017 MB
    Shared Memory: 4070 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: CMO1720
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.010Hz)

lawls you know that fps and your ISP speed is something totally different right?
    If you have 1fps thats ur video card / computer issue.

First if you have played SC2 before and had good FPS then you will want to run the following:

1) a malware scan you can get something like malwarebytes for free.
    2) a virus scan
    3) update your video card drivers.
    4) defrag your HD.
    5) check out your resources when actually running the game.
    6) try lowering your graphic settings in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most probable thing he's having is overheating on his VGA, i'd say check if your vga/processor thermal paste is still working.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Is it just SC2? Or is it all other programs that run highish end?

If just SC2. I'd add in what the others said and uninstall and reinstall SC2. If its does it in other programs then I'd look more at hardware. Hell... Are their dust bunnies all in the inside?

muhahahah

I think the OP forgot to mention in the thread that this is a laptop, with a low mhz mobile processor and a mobile nvidia card. The I-7 running at 2.4ghz is going to hurt the FPS on any game that is demanding. The GPU does have 2gig of dedicated memory, and then is using system ram for anything beyond that. To really pull decent FPS with such a configuration is going to be much harder than with desktop hardware.

You definitely cannot play at the maximum settings with that video card. I'd bump the display graphics down a bit, if not all the way, especially for large team games.

Does it always run at 1FPS or only during large battles?

SC2 is notable for it's long loading times. Best to install it on a SSD.

Also try running the 32bit client (it's in the options on the battle.net launcher) and see if that helps. Sounds like a strange suggestion, but for SC2 it helps with performance for some reason.

Okay the thing is, I had 0 lag issues whatsoever on heart of the swarm outside of load times sucking. Then going to LoTV and it gets instantly worse? That shouldn't happen....? No matter what the settings are set to, it only occurs during actual online gameplay. Also the game recommends I can play at max settings so....yeah. But no matter if im on max or min settings the second anything shoots one time the lag and slowness get incredibly horrid. Everything is up to date, and scans show no problems for malware or viruses. It only occurs on SC2. Like I said I can run most top games on max settings and have little to any issues on lag or FPS related things with them. Its only SC2.
    Ill check the 32-bit client out next and see if that helps then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    Okay the thing is, I had 0 lag issues whatsoever on heart of the swarm outside of load times sucking. Then going to LoTV and it gets instantly worse? That shouldn't happen....? No matter what the settings are set to, it only occurs during actual online gameplay. Also the game recommends I can play at max settings so....yeah. But no matter if im on max or min settings the second anything shoots one time the lag and slowness get incredibly horrid. Everything is up to date, and scans show no problems for malware or viruses. It only occurs on SC2. Like I said I can run most top games on max settings and have little to any issues on lag or FPS related things with them. Its only SC2.
    Ill check the 32-bit client out next and see if that helps then.
    Are your GPU drivers up to date? In LotV the engine was modified quite a bit, and there were huge performance issues before the short drivers update. They were really HUGE, as in some people couldn't play pretty much anything - which sounds much like what you are describing.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Are your GPU drivers up to date? In LotV the engine was modified quite a bit, and there were huge performance issues before the short drivers update. They were really HUGE, as in some people couldn't play pretty much anything - which sounds much like what you are describing.
    I actaully didnt check those. Not too sure how to go about that one. Any advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    I actaully didnt check those. Not too sure how to go about that one. Any advice?
    If you go to your NVidia/Catalyst Control Panel/Center, then, I think, System Information - you will see the version of the drivers listed. Then go to NVidia/AMD website and look at what driver version is available. If the difference in versions is significant, this might be the source of the problem.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

15+ Year Old Account
    You may want to confirm that the game is actually switching to your Nvidia 765M and not trying to run on the Intel HD4600.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, it IS a dead game, so no surprise that it doesn't run well.
    Lobbies for the most popular maps get filled in less than a minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me please, I'm trying to meme here. It's very rude to interrupt!!
    But the meme goes as "daed gaem", not "dead game"! We must preserve our traditions!

Deleted
    Well, it IS a dead game, so no surprise that it doesn't run well.
    Game is not dead, I just finished getting all the 3 campaign achievements, the nova missions ones are next Maybe you are talking about multiplayer? I don't know the state of that but I don't give a hoot, I play SC single player only

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    You may want to confirm that the game is actually switching to your Nvidia 765M and not trying to run on the Intel HD4600.
    How does one do that exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    This was my first thought as well, probably the case. Try to uninstall Nvidia driver and clean install the latest one.

How does one do that exactly?
    Open the Nvidia Control Panel, then under Desktop click "Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area". The icon will light up when the Nvidia GPU is used and will show by what program when clicked.