Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I pretty much abandoned my MM hunter, leveled a new SV and loved it. Haven't really done anything with my BM hunter... I think I'd only logged her in during legion for garrison money making (she's the top level on a lowbie server for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I pretty much abandoned my MM hunter, leveled a new SV and loved it. Haven't really done anything with my BM hunter... I think I'd only logged her in during legion for garrison money making (she's the top level on a lowbie server for me).
    You know you can switch specs right? You don't need 3 characters to play 3 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You know you can switch specs right? You don't need 3 characters to play 3 specs.
    1 was a 90 boost on another server that I had a ton of lowbie PVPers, so i wanted a highbie to filter them gold and enchants (pointless now), and so I made that 90 a hunter.

Another was an 80 boost on my second server. I feel better leveling a new toon to learn a spec, vs just switching and burdening people of higher levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    There are few objective things I could say on this matter, but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't happy with BM's simplicity and Survival's performance.
    Blizz was perfectly fine with BM's simplicity, in fact they expressed astonishment that so many players reject a 3 button spec. Going as far as to label our criticism as 'hyperbole' (yes, really) and even directly asking us, what is it about 3 buttons that impairs your enjoyment?

Survival's getting buffed today so at least there's that, but I'm not holding out hope for BM getting any kind of serious change before probably 8.0 - they ignored relentless criticism of the spec throughout the entirety of alpha/beta, after all. I am not exaggerating when I say there was not a single "omg this new BM spec is awesome, I love it!" post on the alpha forums. Literally none.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-10-25 at 02:36 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

so, if they add 100% more dps to a shitty class, they dont need rework? lawls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Another was an 80 boost on my second server. I feel better leveling a new toon to learn a spec, vs just switching and burdening people of higher levels.
    This is what I do. I have a frost mage, and when I decided it was time to learn Fire, I made an entirely new mage to learn it from the ground up. Did the same thing with protection back in classic on my warrior. I leveled my first one as Fury and when it came time to learn how to tank, I made a new warrior to level as prot.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Why are they reworking it? Probably because they finally realize that the class hasn't been interesting since Wrath, and is currently at its worst point since then? Dunno.

Marks is a mid tier dps spec at best

Survival is basically a meme spec, out of the 7 hunters in my guild only 1 has done the artifact quest.

Marks and Bm were both more enjoyable to play last expansion

So basically your wrong on all fronts op

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I love BM, so I hope they don't change it.
    I must admit, I've come to enjoy it as well for the most part. In fact I think its crazy-fun in some circumstances, like huge packs of mobs in raids and dungeons. It has a great 'death by thousand cuts' kind of AOE that I really enjoy.

I still think the single-target gameplay needs variety though. Spamming KC/DB/CS endlessly with a few cooldowns tossed in gets tiresome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Why are they reworking it? Probably because they finally realize that the class hasn't been interesting since Wrath, and is currently at its worst point since then? Dunno.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but Mists BM spec was amazing in mine. Running Mists raids as BM was some of the most fun I've ever had in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Marks is a mid tier dps spec at best

Survival is basically a meme spec, out of the 7 hunters in my guild only 1 has done the artifact quest.

Marks and Bm were both more enjoyable to play last expansion

So basically your wrong on all fronts op
    Not sure what rock you were born under, but your opinion and limited experiences with 7 hunters don't make someone else wrong.

Marksmanship has kinda grown on to me over the past month.
    At first i thought it was the clunkiest spec in the game, but now that i got it down, it's pretty cool and and i really like the requirement of good positioning to do well

Correct me if i'm wrong (I'm the opposite of an altoholic so i don't know that much indebth about other classes play styles and rotations) but positioning is such a huge factor in doing well as a MM hunter, compared to other classes.

Fx ilgynoth. If you position yourself there perfectly you can hit almost every tentacle that spawns. Also on dragons, if the tanks don't pull them too far away from eachother you can hit them both, with enough mastery. I don't know why, but it really tickles my fancy when i can do stuff like that.

This is partly the reason why i was mad when they narrowed the cone of Barrage. It basically lowered the skill cealing, while also lowering the skill floor of MM. If your positioning is perfect, you'd never pull other packs to begin with.

However i agree with the general consensus that MM is one big RNG fest when it comes to doing damage. On bad days i do 250k on a mythic dungeon boss but one time where RNG was at its best i did 550k singletarget. That difference is simply to high.

This is an extreme example but you get the point. There's too much RNG in the MM rotation.
    Last edited by Zirar; 2016-10-25 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Hunters have been pruned so much its awful, more than any other class.

To the point that you don't have any option anymore to outplay anyone, its just a "dps first and harder" bot class now like most dps classes currently. No traps, no utility, no situational spells,nothing interesting. And thanks for removing 90% of pet special abilities, now its just bloodlust or some slowfall and the Battlerez..yeahh no more disarm, blinds, buffs, bleeds,just standardized boring design.

Even the lvl 100 headshot or something is a less fun version of MOP powershot. Why remove bumps?Bumps are fun. Even warlocks had mini bumps during MOP with the succubus. Sidewinders is pure garbage spell.

The talents are boring, the pvp talents are even more boring, I mean what the hell? Compare demonology warlocks pvp talents with BM hunter talents. The only fun thing seems to be that basilisk ultra slow creature
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-10-25 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I hope they stop giving them tools to pull whole rooms and the ones adjacent to it. Why they thought hunters of all people should wield such responsibility is beyond me .. I mean take a look at their track record for the last 12 years..
    There's so much stupid in your post that it hurts. A mage that blinks 100 feet past the current pull to deliberately aggro a bunch more crap is no less obnoxious than a hunter doing it with Barrage.

Every class has had its 'wtf r u doing' players. Acting like hunters are somehow the posterchild for that is ignorance and nothing but.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I must admit, I've come to enjoy it as well for the most part. In fact I think its crazy-fun in some circumstances, like huge packs of mobs in raids and dungeons. It has a great 'death by thousand cuts' kind of AOE that I really enjoy.

I still think the single-target gameplay needs variety though. Spamming KC/DB/CS endlessly with a few cooldowns tossed in gets tiresome.

- - - Updated - - -

You're entitled to your opinion, but Mists BM spec was amazing in mine. Running Mists raids as BM was some of the most fun I've ever had in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what rock you were born under, but your opinion and limited experiences with 7 hunters don't make someone else wrong.
    I mean anyone that can read a log will tell you the same thing. Hunters are really good at spread aoe that's it

I hope they fix the animation of the MM artifact. On my Macbook Pro it brings frame rates down to the 30's whenever a marks hunter uses his artifact, although when I use it on my marks hunter it stays at above 60fps. Its very bizarre. On my PC it's fine, but those who play on mac will recognize that the graphic effects are sometimes broken.

I have played a hunter for many years but since these changes they are garbage and I refuse to play one. They have ruined the hunter class IMO
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I played BM during mists as well. Thought it was workable enough, albeit a bit boring at times. WoD hunter changes made me switch mains and put my hunter on the shelf, Legion changes made me write off the class entirely until they burn it to the ground and start over.

To me, they've moved completely away from the things that made this class interesting in the first place. There's no current ranged tactician feel, zero pet management, zero class micromanagement, etc. Hell, i distinctly recall Blizzard saying they removed volley because it felt like too much of a magic-oriented ability... fast forward a few years and look at MM now. LMAO.

There's so much stupid in your post that it hurts. A mage that blinks 100 feet past the current pull to deliberately aggro a bunch more crap is no less obnoxious than a hunter doing it with Barrage.

Every class has had its 'wtf r u doing' players. Acting like hunters are somehow the posterchild for that is ignorance and nothing but.
    So triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So triggered.
    Great comeback...

C'mon now. Hunters are notorious for pulling random adds with Barrage. No other class comes even vaguely close.

Well, Balance did last expansion when Starfall hit basically everything in a 40 yard radius. Starfall was changed for that very reason.

In what sims is MM hunter the top dps spec? Heck forget sims go to world of logs and find one hunter any spec in the top 100 dps. Go ahead and look and you will find not a one. So how are they doing so well again? Only reason MM is even doing ok is due to the fact it gets its 3 major powers quicker than all other classes and specs. Now that most have or are starting to catch up MM is dropping like a rock on the dps charts. Add in to do well depends on rng procs and one can see the problem now right?

Finally they removed all CC for MM and BM hunters with traps being removed. Have to one class best with no pet MM. One class a 3 button rotation where the pet does all the dps, BM. And one that is now melee, SV.
    So in an expansion all about class identity and class halls the hunter class has lost all of their identity.
    Now see the problem OP?