Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Just wasted months investing fully into apoc.
    I'd say this pretty much says it all

One thing thou... they do not seem to do much for any other class either. Just pure %dmg Changes. Sure DKs might need a scaling fix more then other but it seems like this was not the patch where they changed mechanics of skills.

So I guess we will have to help eachother and go to the BlizzconQA thread and upvote DK-questions and scalingproblems. There are several up on both US and EU-forums. Help as much as you can by "like"-ing posts there. Might get a question through

Deleted
    Its a pretty bold statement from bliz. They could have just flipped us the bird - it would have been more polite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    One thing thou... they do not seem to do much for any other class either. Just pure %dmg Changes. Sure DKs might need a scaling fix more then other but it seems like this was not the patch where they changed mechanics of skills.

So I guess we will have to help eachother and go to the BlizzconQA thread and upvote DK-questions and scalingproblems. There are several up on both US and EU-forums. Help as much as you can by "like"-ing posts there. Might get a question through
    ^
    THIS ! Just go there and like the DK post guys !

"Posted by Aerythlea
    On Sunday, November 6 from 0:01 to 1:00 CET on the Main Hall (D) stage at BlizzCon 2016, Lead World of Warcraft developers will answer questions from both attendees and queries gathered online.

If you have a question you'd like answered at the Q&A, submit it as a reply to this thread.

Some things to consider when submitting a question:

Please keep your question brief and to the point.
    If you see a question in this thread you would like an answer to, please up-vote it.
    With so many questions, we won’t be able to ask them all, but we’ll be doing the best we can.
    Make sure you’re asking a question versus making a statement.

This thread will close to new submissions at 21:00 CEST on October 26, 2016."

GOGO FELLOW DK GOGO
    Last edited by mmoc624bd061a1; 2016-10-25 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzery View Post
    Here is how how far ahead ever melee class' best spec is compared to DK's best spec (Unholy):
    ilevel Enh Feral Arms WW Ret Havoc Ass Surv
    850 9.5% 0.5% 0.5% 2.7% -0.9% 1.4% 8.5% -1.4%
    860 12.9% 3.9% 8.6% 3.13% 5.1% 2.4% 8.6% -1.6%
    870 14.8% 7.7% 15.5% 6.1% 11.3% 4.8% 10.6% 0.3%
    So after all that posts in the MMO DK forum, all that replies, all that complaints, and those claims in the Blizzard forum...

We're talking about 15% difference? at the very max?

Seriously when is this endless whining ever gonna stop? I've been playing since the BC and seen classes at much much worst state (I mean, seriously bad) even more so than frost in 7.0.3 (forget about Unholy) and still saw people juicing that class above average both PVP and PVE. True, a class at bad state can't top a meter but unless you're talking about a 100% DPS difference, there is always a way and don't even bother bringing up the sim BS because that's a computer and we're humans. There's numerous evidence showing that there's a difference between the two.

And while I'm at it, let me say one more thing. Aside from the whole DPS circus, remember why you're playing this game called the World of Warcraft. It's for fun. And in the fun department, Unholy is a pretty decent class. If seriously your only important criteria in playing this game is DPS and DPS alone like as if you're some kind of AlphaGo, do us all a favor and reroll without even mentioning it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainzoro View Post
    So after all that posts in the MMO DK forum, all that replies, all that complaints, and those claims in the Blizzard forum...

Seriously when is this endless whining ever gonna stop? I've been playing since the BC and seen classes at much much worst state (I mean, seriously bad) even more so than frost in 7.0.3 (forget about Unholy) and still saw people juicing that class above average both PVP and PVE. True, a class at bad state can't top a meter but unless you're talking about a 100% DPS difference, there is always a way and don't even bother bringing up the sim BS because that's a computer and we're humans. There's numerous evidence showing that there's a difference between the two.

And while I'm at it, let me say one more thing. Aside from the whole DPS circus, remember why you're playing this game called the World of Warcraft. It's for fun. And in the fun department, Unholy is a pretty decent class. If seriously your only important criteria in playing this game is DPS and DPS alone like as if you're some kind of AlphaGo, do us all a favor and reroll without even mentioning it.
    I understand your point of view but fun is pretty subjective. Personally, I love my DK but I also like being competitive. I don't want to reroll but if it means I'm less of a burden in mythic raids then it's definitely worth considering.

Also you're not interpreting those numbers correctly, notice the increasing difference in % as ilvl goes up. What do you think will happen when we reach ilvl 900 (Nighthold)?

DKs are not scaling well with gear and that is the issue. We were fine in normal and heroic at low gear levels but in mythic EN it is already apparent that we do not hold our own against the other DPS specs. A 95 percentile parse as a DK is equivalent to a 70 percentile rogue.

There is clearly a scaling issue that needs to be address which blizzard is not acknowledging.

Need to be more vocal on their forums about it, thats how priests and dh's got their issues looked at

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rainzoro View Post

What about fun if nobody takes you on raid/MM+ group because your class is considered as crap ? Seems not fun for me tho. And don't bring the "make your own group then" . I tried. People joins, wait for like 30min or quit as soon as they see i'm DK. \o/ Very much fun indeed.

So TL;DR , World of Warcraft is primarly for fun. But where is the fun when you can't play properly the game (by that i mean waiting like 2h hours to get a MM+ group or even joining a raid [AND I'M PRETTY LUCKY TO HAD KILLED XAVIUS in HM to get my "VIP" pass to some pug raid) ?

WoW has gotten to a state where people look at you for the numbers/dps you could bring in any Dungeon or raid. If you don't meet those numbers then you'll be benched/not taken. And that is not really fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordMas View Post
    Need to be more vocal on their forums about it, thats how priests and dh's got their issues looked at
    ^This . Go on the Q&A post For Blizzcon and Post /Upvote about dk guys.

Patch notes: "Frozen Pulse now triggers if you have fewer than 2 full Runes (was 1)."

Live: "While you have NO full runes..."

Anyway, it's a good change but can someone confirm what the current live situation is (not that it matters much longer I guess). I've always found Frozen Pulse a really annoying talent. Too good not to take, but it directly conflicts with other talents and mechanics. Frost Strike just gave you a full rune? Welp, there goes Frozen Pulse. Koltira's Shitty Legendary Belt just refunded you 2 runes? Frozen Pulse Nazi: "No Frozen Pulse for you!". Got a single full rune and nothing good to use it on? Better waste it on something or NO FROZEN PULSE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sygil View Post
    I understand your point of view but fun is pretty subjective. Personally, I love my DK but I also like being competitive. I don't want to reroll but if it means I'm less of a burden in mythic raids then it's definitely worth considering.

Also you're not interpreting those numbers correctly, notice the increasing difference in % as ilvl goes up. What do you think will happen when we reach ilvl 900 (Nighthold)?

DKs are not scaling well with gear and that is the issue. We were fine in normal and heroic at low gear levels but in mythic EN it is already apparent that we do not hold our own against the other DPS specs. A 95 percentile parse as a DK is equivalent to a 70 percentile rogue.

There is clearly a scaling issue that needs to be address which blizzard is not acknowledging.
    This right here. Don't get me wrong, I think unholy is pretty damn fun, minus the rng fest that we call our playstyle sometimes. I am also competitive and do not want to be bringing my raid down just because of class limitations. Yes we all want to have fun, but doing well in a raid environment dps wise is fun for me. However, Working really hard to get the most out of Unholy's rotation at 90+ percentile while doing an equalivalent to 70 percentile rogue dps isn't fun at all. On top of that we are slow. Yep. Unholy is in a real sorry state ATM. It's pretty sad to see how much of a shell of our former selves we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Got a single full rune and nothing good to use it on? Better waste it on something or NO FROZEN PULSE!
    That's actually why they made this change. Previously it incentivized single-run "machine gun" builds spamming Frostscythe for that very reason. The devs didn't want that.

I love frozen pulse, because it makes something that I used to hate-- sitting around waiting on resources with no buttons to press-- feel good. It's really smart design. But YMMV obviously.