Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Apples and oranges. Metal Gear Solid 1 through 5 are standalone games. You don't need MGS-1, 2, 3 or 4 to play MGS-5, nor do you need to patch your MGS-1, 2, 3 or 4 to access MGS-5
    Is just and example, man i don't know...emm...i don't know, Lineage or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Oh, but it's pretty damn close and both the people running these servers and playing on them should be punish severely.
    Yea! Power to the peo... um, I mean... power to HUGE mega corporations!

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Blizzard announced they ain't doing jack about Classic servers, when can we expect Nostalrius to re-open their server?

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    Is just and example, man i don't know...emm...i don't know, Lineage or something.
    Lineage is still going.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    LOL. Why do you think it's even the case? The only fact is that nobody came with a flag saying "this is Nost 2, come here". That's it.

Seriously, any number of people can have the code. Look into how such projects are done. You have to be able to build the thing in order to work on it, and for this you typically need all the code available (there are separation mechanisms but in community projects nobody even bothers and there is no need).
    If it is out there, then where is the latest incarnation of Nost? We know it works. We know there's a demand, you only have to look in the thread, and the others just like it, to see that people want it. The fact of the matter is that Nost said that they would not release the code, which would imply that this is within their control, and in the absence of any evidence to contradict what they have said the only logical conclusion is that they have been true to their word.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    And we dont care we are palyers not shaeholders
    Well I hate to tell you but that's not how the world of business works. They will do what they can to protect their IP that they own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Since Blizzard announced they ain't doing jack about Classic servers, when can we expect Nostalrius to re-open their server?

I think we'll get an announcement regarding this from Nostalrius very soon.

Yes but imagine that...i don't know, Kojima says "you people can ONLY play the current version of Metal Gear Solid (5 now i think), u can't play old versions". Do you think that's fair? In the past people buy the original game, they owned, and now they can't play it EVEN if they can do it in other place?

Nice.
    Haha, you want things to be fair ? That's not how any of this works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Power to the corporations, cause they're people too!

When some one comes along and steals your work that you spent years on would you feel the same?
    Why don't you make your own game instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we'll get an announcement regarding this from Nostalrius very soon.
    If they do re open, they will get their asses sued very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Do you think the same about the people who create console emulators? Like gameboy emulators, or super nintendo emulators?
    Unless the publisher has given you the right to creat one you levae it alone, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If it is out there, then where is the latest incarnation of Nost? We know it works. We know there's a demand, you only have to look in the thread, and the others just like it, to see that people want it. The fact of the matter is that Nost said that they would not release the code, which would imply that this is within their control, and in the absence of any evidence to contradict what they have said the only logical conclusion is that they have been true to their word.
    I added later:

Those who want to go with the second server might simply have hoped Blizzard would do vanilla servers themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    When some one comes along and steals your work that you spent years on would you feel the same?
    Why don't you make your own game instead?
    If Nost runs WoD or Legion now atm, is stealing cause Blizzard offers that game. That's the reality here.

If Nost runs WoD or Legion now atm, is stealing cause Blizzard offers that game. That's the reality here.

- - - Updated - - -

. Imagine, i don't know, if...Linkin Park put me on court cause i did a cover of "In the End" and i put it on youtube for people to see it. And even, if i have a partner, they pay me youtube money for the views. That's piracy, i'm stealing something from Linkin Park?
    And if they run Vanilla it's stealing because the IP belongs to Blizzard regardless of what version the game currently runs under.

No. No it's not.
    Thats like saying I can take your car becuase it's just parked in the garage all day long and you're not using it.
    The IP is still Blizzards and you have ZERO rights to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Not gonna happen. Viva la Nostalrius!

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Not if they establish the servers in the Balkan region or Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    I mean Blizzard already sued Nost team when they shut em down. If nost team pops servers in russia, I have a feeling that American laws allows to re-take the previous sue for the Nost server they shut down in France and follow it up to court. To my knowledge, blizzard droped the charges as soon Nost pulled the plugs.
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ate-wow-server
    They issued a cease and desist notice they complied and the lawsuit was never filed.

No. That's not how this works. period.

You can cry all you want, that's not how the world works.