Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No. No it's not.
    Thats like saying I can take your car becuase it's just parked in the garage all day long and you're not using it.
    The IP is still Blizzards and you have ZERO rights to it.
    No it's not.

The car is THE SAME, i don't touch the car but is the same car i buy in the past.

And also, is stealing if you take the original game, copy that game (same code and shit) and then go and CHARGE people for playing. That's ilegal

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Unless the publisher has given you the right to creat one you levae it alone, of course.
    So you always prefer that classic games, part of our culture, are forgotten and disappear into oblivion in time, for the sake of protecting intellectual property of someone who has no intent of using it or making it available anymore?
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-10-25 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I added later:

Those who want to go with the second server might simply have hoped Blizzard would do vanilla servers themselves.
    The fact remains that Nost said they would not release the code and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that they have not been true to their word.

10+ Year Old Account
    and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while we’re still discussing the possibility, we won’t have any updates to share on that until after the show.
    on the poll i tried to set up, this was a possible answer - not right now but still talking/considering/investigating. the best way to say no in terms of pushback.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Stealing is okay if it is a company!"

WTF guys? I want to see a vanilla server, an official one. But I will NEVER play on a unofficial one. They are stealing property of others, it does not matter if the game is different today, that does not justify you stealing and using their IP.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    on the poll i tried to set up, this was a possible answer - not right now but still talking/considering/investigating. the best way to say no in terms of pushback.
    In all honesty I think this was always going to be the most likely outcome regarding a Blizzcon announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    Not if they establish the servers in the Balkan region or Russia.
    Except Blizzard still has reach in Russia given that people in Russia can play the game? It isn't some magical law haven, they will still get brought down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    So you always prefer that classic games, part of our culture, are forgotten and disappear into oblivion in time, for the sake of protecting intellectual property of someone who has no intent of using it or making it available anymore?
    It's not what you or I prefer. That's the point. You are not the one making decisions about intellectual property.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixia View Post
    Ohh boy, you don't know shit about copyright, do you ?

They do sell it. It's the right word.

Ohh boy, you really don't know shit
    From someone who knows shit bout the world thx for the laugh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    The car is THE SAME, i don't touch the car but is the same car i buy in the past.
    What if you added leather to the seats? Changed the car's color? Lowered the suspension? Changed the clutch? Bought new rims? Added a better sound system? Etc...
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Deleted
    No. That's not how this works. period.

You can cry all you want, that's not how the world works.
    Actually the wow vanilla case is a very complex one and there are no way to determine how a court would judge it.

Though I'm not saying people should put up private legacy realms even though I want to play on legacy realms.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    i'd rather grind AP then go back and collect herbs etc. for days just to be able to raid. people have a blurry vision of the past and they are stressing the rest of us out with their constant bickering and need for classic servers. quit the game, go to greener pastures and leave blizzard alone. jeez.
    Why don't you just go farm that ap, and stop wasting your time here?

When I come to this thread I expect news and legit discussion about legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    From someone who knows shit bout the world thx for the laugh
    Well, sure, if you want to think that, go ahead.

I'm not the one making posts about stuff I don't even begin to understand

It's not what you or I prefer. That's the point. You are not the one making decisions about intellectual property.
    Not claiming otherwise. Doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't discuss what we think and believe in, and the morality of things. Laws change. The concept of intellectual property, the rights of the creator and the rights of the consumer are not universally seen the same in every country and time period.
    I'm not saying these things to justify doing something illegal. I'm saying these things should be discussed and not just accepted as dogma and enforced without care for circumstance, intent, pros and cons. Especially when it comes to the point of people demonizing and overall becoming hostile toward those who commit said crime, seemingly without giving any thought as to what is actually involved, instead going straight to "must be punished" as soon as they believe what happening is illegal.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-10-25 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Actually the wow vanilla case is a very complex one and there are no way to determine how a court would judge it.
    Indeed, but it would take very deep pockets to challenge to current status-quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Not claiming otherwise. Doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't discuss what we think and believe in, and the morality of things. Laws change. The concept of intellectual property, the rights of the creator and the rights of the consumer are not universally seen the same in every country and time period.
    I'm not saying these things to justify doing something illegal. I'm saying these things should be discussed and not just accepted as dogma and enforced without care for circumstance, intent, pros and cons. Especially when it comes to the point of people demonizing and overall becoming hostile toward those who commit said crime, seemingly without giving any thought as to what is actually involved, instead going straight to "must be punished" as soon as they believe what happening is illegal.

Of course it can (and should) be discussed, but the mmoc forums (and forum-goers) are not the best place to do so. As is 95% of the internet.

Everybody thinks they're right when they clearly aren't, and 1600 pages later, you're still debating "what if Kojima banned mgs" or if "the car is the same but blue" I mean, come on...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But clearly Blizzard was sympathetic towards them and went as far as playing on Nostalrius servers and share the fun they had doing so because.....they made no money and was purely for the love of Vanilla. There is no other reason.
    BULLSHIT they invited Nost to be done with this PR nightmare....

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The fact remains that Nost said they would not release the code and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that they have not been true to their word.
    I don't know how else I should say it - they could have been true to their word in that they didn't take any specific steps to "release" it more than it was already "released" when they were taking that additional meaningless obligation, and that means absolutely nothing in that any number of people can have it without their permission. Did even all of them sign that thing you think is so binding and enforceable? I doubt even that is true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Did even all of them sign that thing you think is so binding and enforceable?
    Of that you can be sure.
    Also: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...server-update/
    (*Nelson Voice* HAHA)

You move Nost!

Deleted
    I said it before, another example:

I'm a youtuber, and i have a partner who pay me for reproductions. Now, i'm making a cover of a Metallica song, "Master of Puppets" and upload in to youtube. The cover have...3 million views and the partner pay me...i don't know, random number...1.000$. Can Metallica put me on court cause i make a cover, upload to youtube and make money of it?