10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethanas View Post
    Here's hoping. Post back if you find anything
    Killed him 3 times just for a little extra data. WQ done, even got some loot (yay) but no weapon skin drop.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Killed him 3 times just for a little extra data. WQ done, even got some loot (yay) but no weapon skin drop.
    Sigh. Thanks for the extra testing. Can't say I'm surprised at the result at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Falya View Post
    That was not the point.

The point i was trying to make was that there are indeed things in the game, that could be interpreted as clues. For example the weapon/shield-flavor text of the protection warrior. Or this part of our book that stands out because it describes a certain episode of arthas' history very clearly while being very superficially and summarizing on most parts. It feels like the author of this text wanted us to remember this part of his history.

Problem with that is that most of this connections are made after the things have been found ingame. So it may be a classic case of reading something into a thing that actually means nothing.
    Blood HAA comes from Withered Training rewards, which has nothing to do with the text from Twisting Anima of Souls. The RotD text could be a total red herring for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Blood HAA comes from Withered Training rewards, which has nothing to do with the text from Twisting Anima of Souls. The RotD text could be a total red herring for all we know.
    Actually if you take into account the context of the Fal'dorei owning the ruins that Withered Training takes place in it all makes sense. Clearly they or some other withereds or Shal'dorei wanted to figure out how to produce magic to feed their hunger "in magically stealing the power from the long dead". This would make the Anima of Souls a collection of Shaldorei souls that we simply feed to the Maw of the Damned. The ruins of Falanaar or however its spell are full of old Shal'dorei relics of all kinds. It definitely doesn't look related at all if you forget which part of the Broken Isles you are in.

A lot of these texts like the Elemental Shaman one or w/e it was from the Levantus world boss don't make sense until you have them and know their source. It is after that it sort of completes the lore statement they are trying to make. So without already knowing where they come from the flavor text does not really mean anything.
    Last edited by GreenDragon; 2016-10-25 at 05:39 PM.

Arms Warriors had their entire quest chain pulled out of live, according to their forums.

This was after their quest was found to be bugged on PTR and supposedly available after AK7.

Now I'm still going to try and look for this thing, but I'm not going to go out of my way for it.

I'm of the opinion that our quest trigger is bugged or ridiculously low proc rate, the fact that we can't even data mine a quest for it is very, very suspicious to me. My suspicion is that this is bugged under the misspelled "disgraved Runecarver channel" because disgrave isn't a word. Blizzards code is fairly consistent in spelling and annotation as far as I've seen so an error like this stands out to me.

Also misspelled trapdoors on the Naglfar, and a script call that goes nowhere...

Now to be fair I'm not a professional coder, I have done some amateur work with php, python and lua, though. So my perceptions may not be correct.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Also misspelled trapdoors on the Naglfar, and a script call that goes nowhere...
    Usually scripts and such are pointed and connected by ID's, not text strings.
    A name is a text string that is used only for display and nothing else.

Let's say that we have a button ingame named "CLICK ME!", you click that button and a function is being called to spawn an NPC.
    The actual listener for the click on that button is connected to that button internally by a variable, that variable contains pointers to the actual ingame object by an Unique ID, not it's name, or any other properties the button can have, like 3D model, or something else.

The same goes for NPC's and Items names, there are multiple NPC and items with the same name, the game know the difference because they have a different IDentifiers..
    And also there is Localization, the display name for everything changes when you use the client in other languages,
    so basically,
    everything that you see on screen is not connected to bugs that may prevent something to work.

I know that this may be somewhat complicated to understand, but that's basically how things work in coding in general, in a game or an application.
    Last edited by mmoc61aa4076f9; 2016-10-25 at 06:08 PM.

Complete shot in the dark from reading this thread and the twitter responses.

It is a demon somewhere in Highmountain. I will try the quest reward helm from the Illidan quest that shows the location of demons on the minimap. I am guessing though it is over by the Demon Hunter encampment.

I will happily call BS on myself and run naked through the streets after hours of testing when it proves false but I am hoping I won't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by springdarkjack View Post
    Complete shot in the dark from reading this thread and the twitter responses.

It is a demon somewhere in Highmountain. I will try the quest reward helm from the Illidan quest that shows the location of demons on the minimap. I am guessing though it is over by the Demon Hunter encampment.

I will happily call BS on myself and run naked through the streets after hours of testing when it proves false but I am hoping I won't have to.
    Not completely nuts. I've been wondering what uses that could have. I'd say that the only counterargument for it is that a lot of people probably vendored the quest reward and I don't think that Blizz would make it dependent on something that wasn't easily recoverable by farming another one (like the Pally books). Sure people can go through the refund process, but it seems cumbersome for something that would be that critical to the trigger.

Then again, the effect is the same as those demon tracking potions, right? So theoretically you wouldn't need the helm if you vendored it, as long as you could get the demon tracking potion.

Now all this made me think of another rabbit hole: what if a DH's "find treasure" 1 minute cooldown could be used to find the trigger? Maybe go to ICC with a DH and use it in some interesting places...

Quote Originally Posted by Itsajoke View Post
    Usually scripts and such are pointed and connected by ID's, not text strings.
    A name is a text string that is used only for display and nothing else.

Let's say that we have a button ingame named "CLICK ME!", you click that button and a function is being called to spawn an NPC.
    The actual listener for the click on that button is connected to that button internally by a variable, that variable contains pointers to the actual ingame object by an Unique ID, not it's name, or any other properties the button can have, like 3D model, or something else.

The same goes for NPC's and Items names, there are multiple NPC and items with the same name, the game know the difference because they have a different IDentifiers..
    And also there is Localization, the display name for everything changes when you use the client in other languages,
    so basically,
    everything that you see on screen is not connected to bugs that may prevent something to work.

I know that this may be somewhat complicated to understand, but that's basically how things work in coding in general, in a game or an application.
    Wow, for an Italian guy who claimed not to really understand English you sure caught on quick.

Typically in coding things are called according to how the language works. C+ and C# work based off of ID's because they're programming languages used for the heavy lifting of shifting large numbers and big ongoing calculations, think bulldozers. Scripts work more like small shovels and trowels, they get the final details of interaction.

Scripting languages like Lua and PHP are similar but they don't have to use just ID numbers, you can make a function call into anything you like, it just has to accurately call the function. So it could be a name, a number, anything at all. The language itself isn't written to explicitly use only numbers or names, it's just some things make better practice than others.

So if I use fizzbuzz as my name in a function with an assigned ID of 32581, if it's called accurately, by either name attribute, or ID attribute, it will fire off. If I have multiple functions named fizzbuzz, I might choose to use the ID number instead. If I misspell fizzbuzz to be fuzzbizz, nothing happens, even if I include an ID because no function named fuzzbizz with an id of 32581 exists.

From what I've seen of Blizzards scripting in lua, they use a mixture of the two methods.

You are certainly welcome to go look at it yourself, after all you did claim to be a hacker earlier in the thread. Let us know what you find.

Edit -- clarity.
    Last edited by Defrost; 2016-10-25 at 06:46 PM.

Doesn't the Yogg-Saron fight have a vision with Arthas torturing Bolvar? Could be something there.

15+ Year Old Account
    RE: Itsajoke and Defrost's convo
    Blizzard's data system is SQL and it's almost entirely ID-based (client data is serialized SQL DB data - you can actually even see the leftover SELECT statements in the client executable). Any text not localized is vestigial and left over from development.

As for server-side scripting, all we have there is guesswork as we've never gotten our grubby mitts on a raw server executable or server-side data files (to my knowledge). I would personally guess they are using Lua, but they could be using literally anything as long as it interacted with SQL well (or some point of API for the SQL database they made in a different language like C).

In either case, they're not using text for referencing. Good for them, too because if they had to rely on their ability to accurately spell things, the entire game would fall apart. Blizzard has some of the worst spelling out of any professional game company I've seen. It's actually so bad that it's amazing.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Blizzard's data system is SQL and it's almost entirely ID-based (client data is serialized SQL DB data - you can actually even see the leftover SELECT statements in the client executable). Any text not localized is vestigial and left over from development.

As for server-side scripting, all we have there is guesswork as we've never gotten our grubby mitts on a raw server executable or server-side data files (to my knowledge). I would personally guess they are using Lua, but they could be using literally anything as long as it interacted with SQL well (or some point of API for the SQL database they made in a different language like C).

In either case, they're not using text for referencing. Good for them, too because if they had to rely on their ability to accurately spell things, the entire game would fall apart. Blizzard has some of the worst spelling out of any professional game company I've seen. It's actually so bad that it's amazing.
    No no no... it's not misspelled! They are just role-playing people who spell things differently than we do... you know. Like the Brits with their colour and theatre and bobbies and whatnots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Doesn't the Yogg-Saron fight have a vision with Arthas torturing Bolvar? Could be something there.
    Indeed it does. Just youtubed it and it also happens near a RUNE FORGE. Ironically I went to the Shadowforge (which may be the location of that dream, or at least uses the same model for the room) the other day to look at that forge and see if anything would happen. Messed around with some of the swords the Ebon Blade quartermaster sells there, but didn't have any luck with anything. Long-shot, but definitely worth a try. Especially since those Old Gods love languages no one speaks anymore. PLUS. Yogg Saron is ALL MOUTHS! Get it? Language? Mouth! eh eh?

Seriously, I'm not poking fun at you, I'm poking fun at myself because I've been trying so many truly deep rabbit holes on this one.

I know where I'm going later tonight after class. Someone get on that stat.
    Last edited by Fasolina; 2016-10-25 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added detail

Quote Originally Posted by Fasolina View Post
    Indeed it does. Just youtubed it and it also happens near a RUNE FORGE. Ironically I went to the Shadowforge (which may be the location of that dream, or at least uses the same model for the room) the other day to look at that forge and see if anything would happen. Messed around with some of the swords the Ebon Blade quartermaster sells there, but didn't have any luck with anything. Long-shot, but definitely worth a try. Especially since those Old Gods love languages no one speaks anymore. PLUS. Yogg Saron is ALL MOUTHS! Get it? Language? Mouth! eh eh?

Seriously, I'm not poking fun at you, I'm poking fun at myself because I've been trying so many truly deep rabbit holes on this one.

I know where I'm going later tonight after class. Someone get on that stat.

Did this back at AK 8, got the shadowvault, (Which is where it happens.) nothing happened. No different lines of dialogue or anything. Went back the next week. Got shadowvault again, assuming it was a coincidence. Again no changes. I've been on this hunt for a very long time now. And i'm sure that until we get a quest or something we won't be going to northrend for anything relating to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Well, sorry for the mild diverting of the thread then. I guess I'm wrong about what I think the problem is.

Of course it all has to go into an SQL dbase, it's just with the script calls and misspellings... I'm sure you can see how I got to my reasoning. Anyway, I'll quit data gazing, it's just not doing any good.

I'm just not a professional in this field, so I'm sorry for spreading the wrong information.

Good luck!

Deleted
    Have someone tried to do something with the blades in any place near Calia Menethil? It's the sister of Arthas and now in Legion has come back without apparent reason to be a follower of the Priest Hall. I don't know if priests can go with her as combat ally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enossdrnomfg View Post
    Is this only for me or ... ?
    if it isnt green its a bug,sorry

Quote Originally Posted by TrolleBE View Post
    if it isnt green its a bug,sorry
    I have 2 explanations only

First, blizzard pities us have and making available branch because we did not find

Second, it is an error of 7.1

Obviously it can be a mistake, it would not be the first seen in 7.1, but this only means that we see more people using other colors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    If I misspell fizzbuzz to be fuzzbizz, nothing happens, even if I include an ID because no function named fuzzbizz with an id of 32581 exists.
    Function names of course exists in almost all languages. But they are actually variables or pointers, not a string (speaking of data type).

When i say name, i was not speaking of function names, but display name of NPC, Objects.
    Since some people think that a misspelled name of a object could cause a bug, i explained why that's not the case, because Objects in WoW are referenced by ID's and never by the display name that you see ingame, that's just a localized string.
    in order to get that localized string, FIRST you have to know what's object actualy is, and that is done before, by ID.

But that's off topic anyway and don't help us find the HAA.

TL;DR:
    That misspelled name it's not what prevent us from getting the HAA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeithrom View Post
    I have 2 explanations only

First, blizzard pities us have and making available branch because we did not find

Second, it is an error of 7.1

Obviously it can be a mistake, it would not be the first seen in 7.1, but this only means that we see more people using other colors
    I'm not sure if I'm lost in translation here but this secondary color bug has been around for as long as hidden skins have been around. People were doing this weeks ago. Hence the commonly used phrase: "If its not green, it's fake"
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.