Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    BULLSHIT they invited Nost to be done with this PR nightmare....
    "And btw you don't wanted that-to-do-that either. You think you do, but you don't..."

That shiat was hilarious. That was PR suicide xD
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-25 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't know how else I should say it - they could have been true to their word in that they didn't take any specific steps to "release" it more than it was already "released" when they were taking that additional meaningless obligation, and that means absolutely nothing in that any number of people can have it without their permission. Did even all of them sign that thing you think is so binding and enforceable? I doubt even that is true.
    Whilst that is possible it is more likely that the simpler explanation, that they have not released the code, is what has happened rather than they have clandestinely released it to unknown parties who have then decided to do nothing with it.

I am not sure whether you mean you doubt they signed a contract or that it would be unenforceable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That's not how it works. The community is already split right now with pro- and anti-vanilla groups. Assuming the very unlikely scenario that Vanilla is added for free bundled under the retail's sub fee, you'll still have a split community. Why? Because they're two incompatible versions of the same game. What you do on one game does not affect the other, and vice-versa.

It's essentially a second MMO-RPG game Blizzard will be hosting, and it will split the community because they'd be competing for the same type of player: the MMO player. And one thing you should notice about Blizzard is that they have one game of each 'type': one RTS (Starcraft 2), one action-RPG (Diablo 3), one TCG game (Hearthstone), one FPS game (Overwatch) and one MMO-RPG game (WoW).
    they want subscriptions. money. the community right now is 'split' into people playing and not playing. it'd be much better for them if it were people playing the new stuff vs the old stuff. on top of that, you eventually get the vanilla players to dip their toes into the current expansion. maybe get them hooked again for little while. $$$.

wasting money trying to get subs from vanilla beggars is a horrendous idea, the entire concept is going to just be very heavy on turnover.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should charge $100 up front to be on a waiting list to play on a classic server. Reap the nostalgia rewards!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixia View Post
    Of course it can (and should) be discussed, but the mmoc forums (and forum-goers) are not the best place to do so. As is 95% of the internet.

Everybody thinks they're right when they clearly aren't, and 1600 pages later, you're still debating "what if Kojima banned mgs" or if "the car is the same but blue" I mean, come on...
    Well, how will that change if all everyone see is others stating their opinion as facts and bickering without any constructiveness?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Why don't you just go farm that ap, and stop wasting your time here?

When I come to this thread I expect news and legit discussion about legacy servers.
    Exactly. Its because he's shit scared something else may come out that may take away his free purples

- - - Updated - - -

This surely strengthens the point blizzard were on their last legs with wow dragging this out.

Fanbois expect argos next expac then good night to this horrible modern game.

Deleted
    I see this situation in it's entirety based on the reality of one statement made by the Nostralius team....

'If Blizzard don't do something about Vanilla servers, be sure that we will'

Be sure that you will what? Keep opening Private Servers? Stealing Blizzard's IP? Trying to drum up hype with statements like that one in the hopes that maybe Blizzard will listen and make Vanilla servers?

Shy of making their own MMO that's a direct clone of Vanilla WoW, there is NOTHING that they can do. Deep down, you all know this. They might get their server open for a week, or a month, but no matter what, it will keep getting closed down, and eventually the people involved in hosting the server will be sued, then there will be no Nostralius.

I understand where all of you are coming from, but you need to face the reality here, Nostralius is breaking the law by hosting the private server. They can claim they will 'do something about it' as much as they like, it doesn't change that fact.

There's nothing they can do about it, just give up hope and play Legion. Vanilla WoW is gone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    wasting money trying to get subs from vanilla beggars is a horrendous idea, the entire concept is going to just be very heavy on turnover.
    Didn't they do that with WoD?

Deleted
    How would Blizzard react to playersdemands for life improvement in the legacy servers?
    Just say "NO" to all?

Stuff like bosses droping 2 items for 40 people. Drops for shamans on Aliance groups and drops for paladins on Horde. Class balance. No quest helper.
    The endless farm of the PvP rank system that required you to play everyday for god knows how many hours.

Some stuff from Vanilla was messed up. Should it be removed or stay in the game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    I see this situation in it's entirety based on the reality of one statement made by the Nostralius team....

Be sure that you will what? Keep opening Private Servers? Stealing Blizzard's IP? Trying to drum up hype with statements like that one in the hopes that maybe Blizzard will listen and make Vanilla servers?

Shy of making their own MMO that's a direct clone of Vanilla WoW, there is NOTHING that they can do. Deep down, you all know this. They might get their server open for a week, or a month, but no matter what, it will keep getting closed down, and eventually the people involved in hosting the server will be sued, then there will be no Nostralius.

I understand where all of you are coming from, but you need to face the reality here, Nostralius is breaking the law by hosting the private server. They can claim they will 'do something about it' as much as they like, it doesn't change that fact.

There's nothing they can do about it, just give up hope and play Legion. Vanilla WoW is gone.
    Deep down i know it's a game that should be freeware. It's not getting used or will ever by the company, so why be fucking dicks about it if you're not going to use it, and if you are going to use it then use fucker now.

Blizzard are taking a stance on this like my wanker cousin when he was younger. I'm not playing on that gameboy but neither fucking are you. ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Deep down i know it's a game that should be freeware. It's not getting used or will ever by the company, so why be fucking dicks about it if you're not going to use it, and if you are going to use it the don't he fucker now.

Blizzard are taking a stance on this like my wanker cousin when he was younger. I'm not playing on that gameboy but neither fucking are you. ...

Ah I see, you actually have nothing of value to say so start swearing. Typical :>

So here's the thing. Technically, the current game is still the exact same game as Vanilla WoW. Because everything is an 'expansion pack' for the base game. I know this might be hard for you to realise, but we're all still playing the exact same World of Warcraft as we were back in 2006. It just has expansion packs.

If each expansion was stand alone...then you might have a leg to stand on with your arguement. Unfortunately, they aren't, in fact, a lot of them have been absorbed into the base 'World of Warcraft' game. The game that's still in use right now. The game your claiming should be 'freeware'.
    Last edited by mmoc1951e8febb; 2016-10-25 at 08:10 PM.

Deleted

What a sentence.

G...

- - - Updated - - -

Ah I see, you actually have nothing of value to say so start swearing. Typical :>

So here's the thing. Technically, the current game is still the exact same game as Vanilla WoW. Because everything is an 'expansion pack' for the base game. I know this might be hard for you to realise, but we're all still playing the exact same World of Warcraft as we were back in 2006. It just has expansion packs.

If each expansion was stand alone...then you might have a leg to stand on with your arguement. Unfortunately, they aren't.
    OMG. Really? You are playing the same game as in 2006? Really?

I can believe that shit, i'm sorry, really sorry.

15+ Year Old Account

Are you too far up your own arse to ignore my colourful language, or are you another precious soul that takes every swear word like a knife to your own heart? Don't flatter yourslef.

No we are not playing the same game. Same name but not same game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Are you too far up your own arse to ignore my colourful language, or are you another precious soul that takes every swear word like a knife to your own heart? Don't flatter yourslef.

No we are not playing the same game. Same name but not same game.
    Same name, same trademark, same copyright. By law, same game. Again, proving you have nothing worthwhile to say by resorting to insults.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same name, same trademark, same copyright. By law, same game. Again, proving you have nothing worthwhile to say by resorting to insults.
    Can you quote me where I've insulted you?

They may be sold as expansion sets, but hey do a whole lot more than expanding. By definition, an expansion is optional. If you bought Diablo 2, you can still install it without installing the expansion or even firing any patch. You have access to every part of the content you actually paid for. WoW expansions actually remove and heavily modify content from the games people previously bought, EVEN if they didn't buy said expansion.

Now, we don't really "own" a copy of WoW, we basicly just buy access to the game, even with the box (which honestly is bullshit as it's far from being explicit). And I don't think anyone with a pinch of sensibility and thought is actually arguing Blizzard NEEDS or is OBLIGED to gief legacy. That doesn't mean people don't have the right to believe the SHOULD do it, for whatever reasons.

That's subjective, and has not much to do with the legal or "technical" part of it.

Because if we're talking reality, we all know the game is very very different from what people payed for 12 years ago. And we can all imagine there are multiple ways Blizzard could go about still allowing people to play it in some way, if they actually set out to do it.

It's not the same game. Nobody agrees with you. If you want to lie to yourself then that's your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Stuff like bosses dropping 2 items for 40 people.
    That was a good thing. It meant that the instance lasted longer than 4 weeks. The game was a lot slower back then, in a good way. Epics weren't dropping left, right and center and progressing through anything really took time, commitment and patience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shridevi View Post
    It's not the same game. Nobody agrees with you. If you want to lie to yourself then that's your business.
    The whole discussion about the actual game being same or different is irrelevant.
    Their trademarks are listed here:
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...htnotices.html

That's what matters. They have to defend those.