Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by celeris View Post
    so.. if an african kid who works his ass of every day has more money than you who sits on his ass and does nothing, you can complain about african kids being to rich?

(this is what it sounds like if you're gonna compare it with african kids)
    What does this have to do with what I said?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    What does this have to do with what I said?
    from what I'm following

1) you agree that you can complain about one of the lowest dps class in the game for performing well on a single fight.

2) you make the abnormal comparison with african childeren (in this case the frost DK from the logs) and fire mages => my previous comment

3) "Other than arcane mages, no caster worries about mana any more." affliction warlocks do, so don't talk about things you don't know anything about.

4) you have a very bad personalty.

"Maybe if you read the thread you'd know what people were talking about instead of just throwing a hissy fit because you chose the wrong spec. Play unholy you whine factory."

you are kinda contradicting your self by saying "maybe if you read the thread" hellhamster post was about a the person who complaind about a single DK (95th) out dpsing some slackers and they shouldn't be buffed because of that.

"Saying fire mages shouldn't complain because frost Dks are shitty is the same as saying that people shouldn't complain about minor things because there are kids starving in Africa, it's a useless logical fallacy because the events aren't mutually exclusive."

of course you can complain about fire being nerfed but you don't have to bring up a even worse spec and say they shouldn't be buffed because of one encounter (the DK still got out dpsed by a low percentile Spriest).

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Ever heard of the saying "The only reason you should be looking at your neighbour's plate is to make sure they have enough". That's how it should be not bring the top down they should be helping everyone else up.
    Do you know what the power creep is? Do you want content to be faceroll? Do we want another Iron reaver 17 second "boss kills" where mechanics are irrelevant, healers are irrelevant etc.?

To buff everyone up they would have to buff bosses up or the content would be trivialized. And that's a lot of work for the same effect as basically bringing down a notch everyone who is above the line.

Quote Originally Posted by celeris View Post
    from what I'm following

1) you agree that you can complain about one of the lowest dps class in the game for performing well on a single fight.

2) you make the abnormal comparison with african childeren (in this case the frost DK from the logs) and fire mages => my previous comment

3) "Other than arcane mages, no caster worries about mana any more." affliction warlocks do, so don't talk about things you don't know anything about.

4) you have a very bad personalty.

"Maybe if you read the thread you'd know what people were talking about instead of just throwing a hissy fit because you chose the wrong spec. Play unholy you whine factory."

you are kinda contradicting your self by saying "maybe if you read the thread" hellhamster post was about a the person who complaind about a single DK (95th) out dpsing some slackers and they shouldn't be buffed because of that.

"Saying fire mages shouldn't complain because frost Dks are shitty is the same as saying that people shouldn't complain about minor things because there are kids starving in Africa, it's a useless logical fallacy because the events aren't mutually exclusive."

of course you can complain about fire being nerfed but you don't have to bring up a even worse spec and say they shouldn't be buffed because of one encounter (the DK still got out dpsed by a low percentile Spriest).
    1) false
    2) It's called pointing out a logical fallacy, read please.
    3) Oh shit sorry I forgot one spec that is different than arcane.
    4) No I don't you missed all my points.

You aren't part of the conversation and by the looks of it you don't speak english as a first language because you can't keep up with my 4 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Do you know what the power creep is? Do you want content to be faceroll? Do we want another Iron reaver 17 second "boss kills" where mechanics are irrelevant, healers are irrelevant etc.?

To buff everyone up they would have to buff bosses up or the content would be trivialized. And that's a lot of work for the same effect as basically bringing down a notch everyone who is above the line.
    Right because if you've ever watched method's runs how they do it is totes legit amirite?

These guys are not undergeared and comprised of the top players of this game and in order to get a +3 they go to this extent. It should be balanced that we don't have to go to these lengths to succeed but hey whatever. You're right buddy. Keep drinking that koolaid.
    Last edited by ehxy; 2016-10-24 at 02:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

have you checked if fire mages actually scale too high in ilvl in the time period between 7.1 and 7.2?

This nerf plus NH gear is leaving me a salty beaver. What are we supposed to do, forfeit all the teir peices and just get all the Crit gear and hope we scale past the nerf?

Just to put this in perspective, w/o the bis leg:

mark of the satyr vs mark of the claw neck enchant = about 7000 dps difference for fire.

at 300,000 single target, this is about a 9000 dps nerf for fire.

Not that bad if those figures are correct, no? I mean, it sucks and all, but not bad enough to get me down.

Pyroblast damage reduced by 6%.
    Flamestrike damage increased by 15%.
    Aftershocks damage increased by 15%.

Official patch notes.

I for one welcome the flamestrike dmg, the 3rd big trait is now finally useful. Will do good for m+ this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Pyroblast damage reduced by 6%.
    Flamestrike damage increased by 15%.
    Aftershocks damage increased by 15%.

Official patch notes.

I for one welcome the flamestrike dmg, the 3rd big trait is now finally useful. Will do good for m+ this change.
    Wonder how we use FS in our rotation now with max BFS? Use it on 3 targets now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkaz View Post
    Wonder how we use FS in our rotation now with max BFS? Use it on 3 targets now?
    Definitely not on 3.

If you have max BFS it's probably going to be more like 5-6.

Prob: Legendary bracers create too many outliers.
    Blizz solution: nerf pyro for everyone, keep bracers the same.

Genius.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Re1ax View Post
    Prob: Legendary bracers create too many outliers.
    Blizz solution: nerf pyro for everyone, keep bracers the same.

Genius.
    It's probably more to do with fire's scaling going into NH, CM is already down to a x1.1 modifier so unless they delete the passive entirely(not realy class fantasy friendly) then pyro is the next logical step unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Definitely not on 3.

If you have max BFS it's probably going to be more like 5-6.
    No, it's definitely better on 3.

Saw in a reddit thread about undocumented changes:

Mage
    Many teleport spells now have unique art
    Mage - Fire
    Artifact fireballs now change slightly based on artifact appearance.
    Fire Mages can now turn off the flame orb effect of Felo'melorn by talking to Archmage Melis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    How is that whine, I'm just expressing my general disgust towards the majority of people who play fire mage who show zero empathy towards other specs.

We show plenty of empathy towards frost and arcane mage specs. Last I checked, this is the mage forums with mages discussing mage things. Whine about shamans, DKs and other classes elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    Saw in a reddit thread about undocumented changes:

Mage
    Many teleport spells now have unique art
    Mage - Fire
    Artifact fireballs now change slightly based on artifact appearance.
    Fire Mages can now turn off the flame orb effect of Felo'melorn by talking to Archmage Melis
    I was wondering why my balls were looking more flashy than normal. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    No, it's definitely better on 3.
    Show me proof? Sims don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Show me proof? Sims don't agree.
    Sims aren't evidence of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Sims aren't evidence of anything.
    Alright then, you be you and keep flamestriking those packs of 3 mobs.