Thread: Aimed Shot nerf

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That was before...There was alot of bitching on forums so i guess they reverted

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    Interesting because I see this.
    Marksmanship
    Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals [ 0.619 * 215% --> 204% of weapon damage or 0.038 * Level * 215% of weapon damage + 0.238 * 215% of weapon damage or 215% --> 204% of weapon damage + 0.238 * 204% of weapon damage or 204% of weapon damage ] Physical damage.

11% Weapon Dmg Nerf to Aimed shot. Maybe this was before the "official patch notes" though?
    That was from the most recent PTR patch about a week ago. There has been zero word from Blizzard about it since, so I doubt they caved and gave up on the nerf because players called them out for it. More than likely they simply failed to list in in the official patch notes, or else they are still "testing" it and we will see a nerf of some kind via a hotfix in the next week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by darahion View Post
    Official patch notes are out....No aimed shot nerfs.
    Yet it's still there on PTR. So is the buff to Stomp for BM, but it's also not in patch notes. Patch notes are probably missing a lot of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    ok, so what about warriors, mages and warlocks? why cant we ever be on top?
    Fire mage got a 6% nerf to pyro which is basically the same percent wise overall as this.

I expect it'll go through. Blizz just forgot they did it and left it out of the notes.

Honestly, I wish they wouldn't nerf. Skews logs for those of us that appreciate ranking as high as they can as they climb up the ilvl ladder. Now we're gonna be competing with buffed versions of ourselves. Buffing, on the other hand, all those classes that they have gives them a chance to begin ranking.

I know WoW isn't about logs, but it's something to do for fun on farm.

Lets wait for a US player to confirm if there was a nerf

Deleted
    No buff to Stomp same dmg EU and US. Tested naked both servers diffrent tooltips. Tooltip suggest buff but dmg not.
    Last edited by mmoc40c4c0a113; 2016-10-25 at 04:13 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    Lets wait for a US player to confirm if there was a nerf
    There is no question about it. There was absolutely a nerf and a blue just passed through one of the threads on their forum saying the notes didn't document a recent change.

10-15% nerf to AiS I am assuming is to offset change to a talent no one uses.

Notes are updated, nerf was 5% if I'm looking right.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20335228#hunter

I don't hotlink, do work. ETA: NVM, gj on autohotlink mmochmp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newron View Post
    No buff to Stomp same dmg EU and US. Tested naked both servers diffrent tooltips. Tooltip suggest buff but dmg not.
    For real? Dayum... Was looking forward to a small buff :\

Ffs... I've really loved the numbers I've been seeing with MM. And no amount of buffs to SV is going to make me play a melee spec when I got into Hunters for ranged gameplay with a pet in the first place.

I just love how Blizz has access to more information than any player could probably imagine. Yet the little info players have is what all decisions should be based on

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    I just love how Blizz has access to more information than any player could probably imagine. Yet the little info players have is what all decisions should be based on
    Yeah, that argument has never had any validity. Logs represent real world performance, yet Blizzard keeps telling us to ignore logs and just trust information they refuse to share with us. MM was in a solid 3rd place overall, with their weakest point being single target damage. Even if Blizzard doesn't want to admit it, anyone with even a small amount of common sense k owe the nerf to our single target damage was done due to a buff to Vulnerable.

But as every single Hunter knows, that buff will never be utilized on live due to Patient Sniper still being a better choice. This is a fact that can not be disputed. To make matters worse, the one choice in that row that had any potential to be a better choice, Seintinal, would only ever be a choice on multi target fights. Again making the nerf to single target damage completely unjustified.

Deleted
    It's ok, i'll just play another cla... Oh wait, they made it impossible to catch up with new characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawken View Post
    It's ok, i'll just play another cla... Oh wait, they made it impossible to catch up with new characters.
    No they did not. You can catch up weapon pretty quickly with alt. My mains weapon is 28 and my alt (whos been max level 3 weeks now) have 23. It is pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Yeah, that argument has never had any validity. Logs represent real world performance, yet Blizzard keeps telling us to ignore logs and just trust information they refuse to share with us. MM was in a solid 3rd place overall, with their weakest point being single target damage. Even if Blizzard doesn't want to admit it, anyone with even a small amount of common sense k owe the nerf to our single target damage was done due to a buff to Vulnerable.

But as every single Hunter knows, that buff will never be utilized on live due to Patient Sniper still being a better choice. This is a fact that can not be disputed. To make matters worse, the one choice in that row that had any potential to be a better choice, Seintinal, would only ever be a choice on multi target fights. Again making the nerf to single target damage completely unjustified.
    the problem with logs is blizz has every log for every fight not the very very small sample size that other sites have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    No they did not. You can catch up weapon pretty quickly with alt. My mains weapon is 28 and my alt (whos been max level 3 weeks now) have 23. It is pretty fast
    lol, no it's not fast.
    The 400-600k needed for every trait is not something you just boost up fast.

They said they would not nerf classes to hte ground yet they are and they are not even brave enough to have these nerfs in the patch notes.

dumb nerf, further evidence blizzard cant balance for shit

- - - Updated - - -

The only fight hunters were better than other clases on with illgynoth, in which a large part of their damage is worthless pad. Any single target fight has hunters barely in the middle of the pack(which actually probably means they are low tier). Why would you nerf ST damage? If anything aimed shot should have been buffed.

the problem with logs is blizz has every log for every fight not the very very small sample size that other sites have.
    And the problem with that argument has always been that the sample size for logs is big enough to provide accurate information. And as I said, if Blizzard has information that contradicts those logs, they need to share it with us. Claiming they have information we are never allowed to see just makes them look like the liars that they are known to be.

The other problem with their internal logs is they take into consideration the very bottom of the performance curve, something that should never be taken into consideration balance wise. Middle and high of the bell curve is where proper balance comes from. How is a class/spec competing on average and at the highest levels. Is it performing so well that other classes don't have a chance at the highest level, but middle of the pack for the average player, there would be some argument in that case for a nerf. But it's not, the players at the highest levels are the most likely to run logs, and those logs do not show MM over performing at the highest levels.

It's purely mid pack from the 50th percentile to the 100th percentile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    farming ap is fine especially if you leveld your alt early for ap knowledge. grinding another 200+ m+ dungeons for legs however is not.