Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Technically, it means that while you behaved illegally, you left no evidence, so you're getting away with it.

Kind of like claiming confidently that you're "not a murderer" because you know full well you dissolved the bodies, bones teeth and all, and washed it into the ocean, leaving no traces to be found.
    That is in oddly specific example. What are you hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Some butt hurt college-age kids in here.

Your opinion is not your own and therefore is shit. When you stop regurgitating everything your gender-studies professor screams at you, maybe then the world will care to listen
    just fishing for the replies at this point, huh?

Your opinion is not your own and therefore is shit. When you stop regurgitating everything your gender-studies professor screams at you, maybe then the world will care to listen
    It's okay, Wisconsin is wrapped up for Clinton at this point anyway.

From a macro view, it's probably good thing. Brainwashed adolescents votes shouldn't count as much as older, more informed voters. Unfortunately they do in America.
    Complementary argument: senile old people who are out of touch with society and the reality around them who might not even have to live through the consequences of their vote shouldn't count.

- - - Updated - - -

That's if you tell them they weren't hired because of their age. Just tell them something generic like "more qualified candidates" and there is no discrimination
    That's why we have courts. They make the determination of whether or not your refusal to hire someone was based on discrimination. You might be surprised to know that courts don't just take the defendant's word for such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    LoL. If you brats are even half serious about the shit you just vomited, there's no way you can be described as "informed".

That's precisely what "liberals" cry after every elections that don't go the way they wanted.
    What level of stupid did you ascend if you can't even grasp that I wasn't serious when I flat out said I wasn't.

Actually, scratch that; you actually seem senile, maybe the shoe fits after all.

From a macro view, it's probably good thing. Brainwashed adolescents votes shouldn't count as much as older, more informed voters. Unfortunately they do in America.

And yes I would feel the same way if they were suppressing majority republican votes. Which they were also doing
    God the "age makes you smarter/wiser/whatever" meme is dumb. Fox's audience is pretty damn old. Guess they're the best of the best or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Complementary argument: senile old people who are out of touch with society and the reality around them who might not even have to live through the consequences of their vote shouldn't count.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why we have courts. They make the determination of whether or not your refusal to hire someone was based on discrimination. You might be surprised to know that courts don't just take the defendant's word for such things.
    I agree that old people should be held to the same standard as young people. But they gain a certain amount of leeway because they helped fund/form/run the Country.

Your second point, the burden of proof would be on the unhired employee. There isn't many that will even know whether or not they weren't hired because of their age. Also, good luck taking any business to court because they didn't hire you and didn't tell you a "illegal reason. The court then has to prove that there wasn't a more qualified candidate. Which doesn't just mean lining up resumes. A hiring manager could easily say the person that was hired gave an outstanding interview. All I'm trying to say is, it's very easy to not hire a fresh out of college kid (the original statement) and not have anything happen because you didn't. P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    God the "age makes you smarter/wiser/whatever" meme is dumb. Fox's audience is pretty damn old. Guess they're the best of the best or something.
    When speaking in vague generalities, people with more experience on this planet are smarter/wiser than young ones who spent 85% of their life in a classroom.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Your opinion is not your own, and therefore is shit. When you stop regurgitating everything the far-right screams at you, maybe then the world will care to listen.

When speaking in vague generalities, people with more experience on this planet are smarter/wiser than young ones who spent 85% of their life in a classroom.
    I see zero reason to assume this is true.

He's assuming those with experience will automatically be able to translate that into better or more informed choices.

And yes I would feel the same way if they were suppressing majority republican votes. Which they were also doing
    age isn't a factor in this, just look at all the people who still believe Trump is self funding his campaign, and then scream media bias when women accuse him of doing exactly as he's been recorded in saying, and the mile long list of the other stuff.

The notion that universal suffrage was invented by Gender Studies professors is an intriguing one, in the sense that it is one the most wrong things that can conceivably said about the origins of universal suffrage.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Your opinion is not your own, and therefore is shit. When you stop regurgitating everything the far-right screams at you, maybe then the world will care to listen.
    What makes you assume I'm "far-right"? Or was that just you regurgitating the flavor of the month buzzword so many posters here are spewing out ?

- - - Updated - - -

Given your post history , I didn't expect anything more.

I have given up on you yet, Wells.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

Given your post history , I didn't expect anything more.

I have given up on you yet, Wells.
    That's nice. But maybe you shouldn't fall back on insults when people say you can't just assume your argument is true.

That's nice. But maybe you shouldn't fall back on insults when people say you can't just assume your argument is true.
    How was what I said insulting?

Merely saying given your opinions as I have seen them, I didn't expect you to agree with what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you assume I'm "far-right"?
    Your post history? The fact that you bragged about raping an unconscious woman in another thread and the far-right candidate Trump is on tape bragging about sexual assault and is being accused of raping several children? Your general attitude?

On topic: the RNC Chairman admitted to building a coalition of bigots and morons (via the Southern Strategy) for the votes they can't outright steal through gerrymandering and mass voter disfranchisement of US citizens.

They can't win an election with just the dregs of society so they've moved on to stealing them. It was the next obvious escalation of their disgusting, un-American, I'd even say treasonous tactics.

Don't like obstructionist traitors? Don't vote Republican.
    Last edited by Espe; 2016-10-26 at 02:27 AM.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

What makes you assume I'm "far-right"? Or was that just you regurgitating the flavor of the month buzzword so many posters here are spewing out ?
    It was as valid as anything I"ve seen you say, which amounts to "if you're not as old as I am you're wrong". The validity of an idea is not dependent on its speaker; if an idea is wrong because an idiot says it, it's just as wrong if someone intelligent says it. The only difference is the idiot might be more likely to believe that statement... but those who are older are by no means more intelligent or wise. They're more experienced, but far more often that experience is used as an excuse to reinforce existing opinions and biases rather than re-examine positions to see if they are truly correct.

As for the specific reason for my assumption, you specifically cited "gender studies" in your statement. On average, that's something more likely to be called out by someone on the right than on the left, and your extreme position makes an extreme affiliation more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only students lean more Dem, but the overall population leans more Dem, judging by the numbers. So, this argument should then logically result in opposing any voting sites anywhere in the country!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

It was as valid as anything I"ve seen you say, which amounts to "if you're not as old as I am you're wrong". The validity of an idea is not dependent on its speaker; if an idea is wrong because an idiot says it, it's just as wrong if someone intelligent says it. The only difference is the idiot might be more likely to believe that statement... but those who are older are by no means more intelligent or wise. They're more experienced, but far more often that experience is used as an excuse to reinforce existing opinions and biases rather than re-examine positions to see if they are truly correct.

As for the specific reason for my assumption, you specifically cited "gender studies" in your statement. On average, that's something more likely to be called out by someone on the right than on the left, and your extreme position makes an extreme affiliation more likely.

I didn't say "if you aren't as old as I am". Merely that college aged students that spend their time in an echo chamber of liberal ideals force fed upon them by an authority figure with generally extremeist views shouldn't really be taken seriously by society. And they really aren't. No one really listens to or values their opinions as far as running a society goes and the only thing they get is a vote. Luckily for the rest of society they are either too lazy or disinterested to actually vote in droves.

I was unaware that thinking young people are generally idiots whose opinion amount to dick was an extremist view. Hasn't this been the view of most societies in the modern world for a long time.

I agree that old people should be held to the same standard as young people. But they gain a certain amount of leeway because they helped fund/form/run the Country.

Your second point, the burden of proof would be on the unhired employee. There isn't many that will even know whether or not they weren't hired because of their age. Also, good luck taking any business to court because they didn't hire you and didn't tell you a "illegal reason. The court then has to prove that there wasn't a more qualified candidate. Which doesn't just mean lining up resumes. A hiring manager could easily say the person that was hired gave an outstanding interview. All I'm trying to say is, it's very easy to not hire a fresh out of college kid (the original statement) and not have anything happen because you didn't. P
    Or they helped fuck it up. But I think most of them were just random ordinary people who did little either way.

I can't say how favourable your courts or tribunals are to this kind of discrimination claim, but the statement that age based discrimination can be concealed by saying the candidate just wasn't suitable is no different to saying that racial or religious or gender based discrimination could. Sure an employer could try, and maybe they'd get away with it, but that's up to the courts.

- - - Updated - - -

He's assuming those with experience will automatically be able to translate that into better or more informed choices.
    And there's a giant walking, talking, sniffing, orange haired demonstration of the falsehood of that statement on every second news story right now :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.