Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Falcosaur Thread - Pets, Mounts

I don't see anyone talking about it, so I'll start one...

If you don't know what I'm talking about, go here and read this: http://www.wowhead.com/news=256931/p...ounts-and-pets

Today (patch day) there are two of the four world quests available. I was able to do both and get the pet from both.

I accepted and completed the quest to level my snowfeather falcosaur pet to 25. (3-4 pet trainer battles as per usual.)

When she dinged 25, she emoted that she was "tired after her big adventure" and laid down for a moment and slept. She then popped back up, but didn't yet give me a quest, so I'm guessing her quest chain is time gated.

Overall, very cute!

Since you can only have 1 pet out at a time, you really only have to level the 1st one to 25. Then when you finish its entire quest chain, you can use the Ultimate stone you get to level the next one to 25, and continue on to quest to get the next mount. If you are like me and burned yourself out on pet battles in WoD (I did 9 characters per day in the pet menagerie plus the pet trainers each day, whew), this is a nice bonus.

A couple of notes - suggest making a macro "/target orphan". Then you can stick a boss marker on it and that makes it easier to find, as they are small and these areas are full of people and chaos right now. The one in Aszuna is almost right in the middle of the quest area. The one in Highmountain was NOT in the quest area - it's off to the south at 32,28 near the entrance to the feltotem village, pretty far from any of the quest falcosaur spawns.

Killed the Matriarch and unable to find the pet in Azsuna.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    Killed the Matriarch and unable to find the pet in Azsuna.
    Somebody in zone chat said they left the quest area and came back, then killed the Matriarch again, then the pet spawned for them. I highly, highly recommend making the /target orphan macro and running around the area spamming it until you get a hit.

I know for a fact it works AFTER you finish the world quest - when I was in Aszuna, I finished the quest before a Matriarch even spawned, so I killed her after it was completed and she still caused the orphan to appear for me.

Deleted
    So it's just level the pet to 25 then it gives you a quest-line to get the corresponding mount? x 4
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2016-10-25 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    So it's just level the pet to 25 then it gives you a quest-line to get the corresponding mount? x 4
    Yeah once you level your falcosaur pet to 25, it gives you quests to do things with it. Think Children's Week on steroids - apparently you will need to take it places, do dungeons and raids with it, world quests and world bosses with it summoned, etc. Once you have completed all those quests you get a matching mount. Then you can start the whole process over again for the other three "colors".

Tried target macro, running out of the place and running back in, re-killing the Matriarch and the Bloodgazer is still not spawning...

Nevermind, on like the 10th kill he popped up.
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2016-10-26 at 01:06 AM.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

I think you can do all the colors at once. I have both bloodgazer and snowfeather and got both quests to level them to 25. After leveling them both to 25, no other quest ATM. Time gated I assume. Shall see what happens tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Just incase anyone is silly like me...

the pet isnt a drop. It spawns and sits in the area waiting for you to give it food.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I think you can do all the colors at once. I have both bloodgazer and snowfeather and got both quests to level them to 25. After leveling them both to 25, no other quest ATM. Time gated I assume. Shall see what happens tomorrow.
    The world quest for them isn't required?

Deleted
    When I logged on this morning, before reset in EU, managed to snag Bloodgazer which had 1 hour duration left. Had Snowfeather up shortly. Now gotten Sharptalon aswell. Bloodgazer I've managed to do two quests on.. So thats nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I am going through the process of leveling mine up atm. Using the lovely creek in Panda land with all the aquatic mobs to do this quickly. Got me think, is there any addons to.. idk, snazz up Pet Battles any? Its fun and all but its gets repetitive.

- - - Updated - - -

ohhhhh and as a side note for those who hadn't noticed. The quests are "battle pet" tag. Aka, you can level these little feathery monsters up on your alts for exp purposes. Small little thing but hey if your going to be grinding battles you might as well get exp while doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    My understanding is that it works like the Children's WEek orphans, meaning the pet has to be SUMMONED while you do the quest requirement. Therefore you could only do 1 at a time.

So if a quest popped to kill Xavius with your pet, you would have to do that with 1 of them. You would have to go back in and kill Xavius again with the other. I don't think there's "shared" credit, in other words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilraq View Post
    So I am going through the process of leveling mine up atm. Using the lovely creek in Panda land with all the aquatic mobs to do this quickly. Got me think, is there any addons to.. idk, snazz up Pet Battles any? Its fun and all but its gets repetitive.

- - - Updated - - -

ohhhhh and as a side note for those who hadn't noticed. The quests are "battle pet" tag. Aka, you can level these little feathery monsters up on your alts for exp purposes. Small little thing but hey if your going to be grinding battles you might as well get exp while doing it.
    Yes - I leveled mine via a level 100 alt to 20 doing 3 WoD pet trainer battles. She got xp for those fights. I threw it biscuits for the last few levels, I have hundreds stacked in the bank from clearing the menagerie 9x per day throughout WoD. Basically it doesn't matter how you level the pet, as long as it hits 25.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    My understanding is that it works like the Children's WEek orphans, meaning the pet has to be SUMMONED while you do the quest requirement. Therefore you could only do 1 at a time.

So if a quest popped to kill Xavius with your pet, you would have to do that with 1 of them. You would have to go back in and kill Xavius again with the other. I don't think there's "shared" credit, in other words.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes - I leveled mine via a level 100 alt to 20 doing 3 WoD pet trainer battles. She got xp for those fights. I threw it biscuits for the last few levels, I have hundreds stacked in the bank from clearing the menagerie 9x per day throughout WoD. Basically it doesn't matter how you level the pet, as long as it hits 25.
    What I meant was, I got 2 separate quests to level each to 25. We'll see what happens when next quest comes up but I don't see anything confirming you can only do 1 at a time.

And yes, at least for NA, I had the snowfeather and bloodgazer wqs up so I was able to get both.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Is there a quest marker on the mini map for orphans? I plowed through both WQs before bed last night and missed out on the orphans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    Is there a quest marker on the mini map for orphans? I plowed through both WQs before bed last night and missed out on the orphans
    No. Suggest, as noted above, that you 1) kill the matriarch, even if it doesn't spawn before you complete the quest, stay in the area until it does and kill it and 2) create a /target orphan macro and run around the area until you find the orphan. Note that in Highmountain the orphan is significantly SOUTH of the quest area.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay well, we have now rolled past reset and the pet isn't giving me a quest. So I don't know what the timer is. I got him to 25 about 5pm yesterday so maybe it's tied to actual time instead of the daily quest reset?

Deleted
    Just to add for those still hunting for the pets: The pets don't spawn 100% after the kill, so don't wonder if they're not there. But the spawn timer of the matriarchs and the rate at which the pets spawn is farily high. I've seen spawntimes ranging from 5 to 9 minutes, so I'm guessing it's 5-10. I've got both after my third kill, the highest I've seen reported was 4 kills for a pet to spawn. The exact spawning positions can be found in the wowhead comments. They're usually close to the matriarch. But as someone has said above, in Highmoutain it's a bit south of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    Just to add for those still hunting for the pets: The pets don't spawn 100% after the kill, so don't wonder if they're not there. But the spawn timer of the matriarchs and the rate at which the pets spawn is farily high. I've seen spawntimes ranging from 5 to 9 minutes, so I'm guessing it's 5-10. I've got both after my third kill, the highest I've seen reported was 4 kills for a pet to spawn. The exact spawning positions can be found in the wowhead comments. They're usually close to the matriarch. But as someone has said above, in Highmoutain it's a bit south of it.
    I killed the Highmountain one 4 times last night and nothing, unless I wasn't heading south far enough. I even used the flight master's whistle though and glided back from the flight path below the zone just in case and there was nothing.

Afaik the orphans spawn in the same place every time. I just followed the wowhead comment coordinates.

Can anyone confirm that these WQ show on the app?

I just got a quest from my Bloodgazer to take it to the Exodar Inn (to get used to Draenei).
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.