Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Guild/friends id say 825 ish works pugs will probably want 850+

Quote Originally Posted by Cynikaly View Post
    that was a good joke.

I usually go in and do Normal Raids at 880 aswell.

Thats not a joke. it is how the community operates in Wow the last few years. only thing is the healer demand might be slightly lower and the dps might be tuned up a little bit more so 840/840/875 is probably more correct. But still leaving room for 880+ and link achievement since we know that will come very very soon after patch 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Best remedy is to go with Guild or friends.

One thing I've notice since lfg came out a lot people are anti social.
    Been pugging stuff for 12 years, and I have to say, content is made more social by increasing challenges, and increasing time the group spends together. Nothing to do with LFG feature.

Thats why at the start of expansions people make more friends, because no one knows how the fights work, and the longer you are in a group with someone, the more likely you are to get to know them a bit.

If you want a social experience, make an achievement group, where you have to actually discuss strategies to get the achievements. If you dont feel like making friends, run some random mythic, do the cookie cutter strats, and aoe the F**K out of everything, be in and out in 15minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Thats not a joke. it is how the community operates in Wow the last few years. only thing is the healer demand might be slightly lower and the dps might be tuned up a little bit more so 840/840/875 is probably more correct. But still leaving room for 880+ and link achievement since we know that will come very very soon after patch 7.1
    I actually think it will go the other way this expansion, and iLvLs will be lower. If your in 880 gear, its much more efficient to run more high level mythic keystones than to run N EN, therefore less high ilvl dps will be around.
    Last edited by Demise_; 2016-10-23 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Tuned for? I'd guess ~840.

Which ilvl will you need as a DPS in the group finder? Probably 880 if you are melee.
    with 2 legendary and none of those legendaries being the shitty neck

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Of course its a little harder.
    7.0 Mythics at 825 is good. I did mythics with friends who had 810s when we first started. They dropped 840s. Add 15 ilvls to what's needed for 7.0 mythics and you get what is needed for Kara. Go with 830s with your friends. I'm expecting to go through kara on alts that are 830 or so with my mates.

So YES. Exactly how I said. Just cause you like to be carried doesn't mean what I said was wrong. People have to use their brain instead of following the LFG crowd like sheep.
    have fun struggling with your 830's.

840ilvl looks fine. A 825 ilvlDH could run it easy, where a 850 druide tank might be just fine. IMO, boss fight should be more skill-based then gear basd (like most encounter anyway). We'll see, I can't wait!

I am 870 healer, with 2 mythic raiders, and 2 heroic-ish raiders at 870.

Curator was tricky, Mana worm was iffy, and the last boss was hectic too. This is without a whole lot of pre-planning, we sort of just winged it.

I feel kind of bad for anyone going in 850 or around that :P

At least ilvl 880+ if don't want any wipes

840 the ilvl of previous mythics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    Yes, but you know that most groups wont accept anything under ilvl 870+ from day one.
    this video comes to mind with some solid points
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

the right answer is, you need T5 and gearscore 9000+ for karazhan pug.

I cleared it on my 849 mistweaver with no problems. I wouldn't pug it however.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    In 850 you're probably going to be overgearing it.
    You aren't overgearing it, trust me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    If you want a really really bad headache then yeah, go with 825ish

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapporius View Post
    the right answer is, you need T5 and gearscore 9000+ for karazhan pug.
    When I tried to pug Karazhan it was usually "link weapon". Any crap pvp weapon would do as long as it was epic.

If pre-made group, 800 +.
    It's just as easy as the other Mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    If pre-made group, 800 +.
    It's just as easy as the other Mythics.
    This is an example of bad information.

Very bad information.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Maiden seems to be a brutal gearcheck. Disbanded the group after about a dozen wipes (and a dozen times running through the entire f*cking opera. fun)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    It's not about what you want, it's about what is needed for the dungeon. Karazhan is tuned so much harder than normal Mythics you'd run into a brick wall at 825 unless your 825s manage to do around 300k dps single target.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2016-10-26 at 10:57 AM.

It depends. If you are making the group then clearly 820 is enough. But if you are accepting group members clearly 880 is questionable. At least that is typical player logic at its best. Why not take an 860 fire mage with 6% crit becuase he item level humped and will give you 100k DPS the whole run rather than an 840 fire mage that has 50% + crit and rocks like 4 times the DPS. I will tell you why.. the dumber of the two numbers to consider in picking a play is whats used.

Guild / Organised Group: ~845+

Random / Group Finder: ~855+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It depends. If you are making the group then clearly 820 is enough. But if you are accepting group members clearly 880 is questionable. At least that is typical player logic at its best. Why not take an 860 fire mage with 6% crit becuase he item level humped and will give you 100k DPS the whole run rather than an 840 fire mage that has 50% + crit and rocks like 4 times the DPS. I will tell you why.. the dumber of the two numbers to consider in picking a play is whats used.
    That's a whole different issue though. People are padding iLevel because they can, and they don't care for the stats. It's stupid, but are you really going to vet everyone for a Dungeon that extensively? You should trust in people with a higher iLevel do more damage, and while not always the case, it's not something I'm going to stress about.

If I invite a 860 Fire Mage and they do less damage than an 845 Rogue for example, they're being kicked. No questions asked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    This is an example of bad information.

Very bad information.
    how so, with the old mythics me and my mates level alts to 110 and jump straight into the mythics with w/e ilvl we have from dinging, apart from a few wipes on trash here and there we're completely fine usually. we usually hit 110 with around 800ish ilvl.