At work so cannot check out live atm. Lot of people saying kill command got a flat dps nerf. Need someone to compare it on 7.1 to yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    You mention that Windburst will grant you your 3rd charge of Sidewinders? Are you just referring to the CD of SW clearing at that point or are you implying that WB somehow grants you a charge of MT? MT is only procced by autoshot, always granting a charge on your first autoshot. Bad Luck Protection applies the follow chances to proc, increasing in chance after 6 unsuccessful auto shots not proccing MT.

Auto Shot Successfully proc's Marking Targets
    Auto Shot 25% chance to proc' Marking Targets
    Auto Shot 43.75% chance to proc' Marking Targets
    Auto Shot 62.5% chance to proc' Marking Targets
    Auto Shot 81.25% chance to proc' Marking Targets
    Auto Shot 100% chance to proc' Marking Targets
    What? I never mention windburst granting you a 3rd charge of sidewinders. What the actual fuck are you on about.

I'm saying that if you frontload your damage by going SW-MS-Barrage-SW-MS, or even SW-Barrage-MS-SW-MS, you will have Windburst to provide you with an additional 6 seconds of vulnerable on a single target, keeping you doing optimal damage until your third Sidewinder comes off cooldown. If you didn't have windburst, you'd end up with a period of no vulnerable, as you're stacking the SW-MS without putting aimed shots in between.

In short; Windburst means you don't lose anything major from frontloading the damage, assuming the packs die in ~20-30 seconds. Go longer, and using up all your resources early on will be bad.

The Kara flame wreath trinket (aran's relaxing ruby) is incredible on aoe. My 875 one did 8.5mil in a single proc during black rook hold trash (aoe). It essentially seems to be an aoe version of naraxas' spiked tongue, perhaps superior even on single target. This may need a nerf, sucks that it doesn't work in simcraft yet. This trinket seems to scale with attack power, can crit, and the explosion still occurs even if the target dies.
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2016-10-25 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    Massive up for the survival spec :

Raptor Strike damage increased by 100%.
    Carve damage increased by 150%.
    Butchery damage increased by 35%.
    Throwing Axes damage increased by 25%.
    Animal Instincts has been redesigned: Flanking Strike now also reduces the remaining cooldown of a random one of the following abilities:
    Flanking Strike
    Mongoose Bite
    Aspect of the Eagle
    Harpoon
    Is it back to being a ranged spec? No? Pah! I'll stick to shooting people in the face. ^^

Are we still using Deadly Grace or are we switching to the new pots?

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesteakxxl View Post
    Read the guide

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubesteakxxl View Post
    Personally, using the new pot sims less than 500 dps lower than Deadly Grace.
    That's enough for me, considering it also stacks to 100 and is many times cheaper (55g each compared to 550g each for Deadly).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It won't see play even as the top spec. The entire spec is a failure from a design point of view. It has no strengths to its name.
    totally your opinion (and wrong objectively)

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Eh, not really. It doesn't have any strong points compared to other classes.

It's bad/worse at target switching than other melees. It doesn't have more burst, it doesn't have more AoE or more Burst-AoE.
    It doesn't have a stun either.

The only thing it has is AoE slow... such wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Please tell me what it does better than other melees?

Clunky rotation(Mongoose Bite charge system)
    Bad target switching because of above reason
    AoE is piss poor
    Cleave is non-existant
    Stat scaling is literally the worst out of any spec.

Deleted
    @Azortharion, There were big changes in the legendaries sims. Thelt is now top on single and the ring on 3 targets. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
    Read the guide
    It hasn't been updated.

Deleted
    Please tell me what it does better than other melees?

Clunky rotation(Mongoose Bite charge system)
    Bad target switching because of above reason
    AoE is piss poor
    Cleave is non-existant
    Stat scaling is literally the worst out of any spec.
    The sad thing about it is that it *could* work, but the spec is pretty much still in development. They should tune SV numbers similar to how they do it in D3 when they design a new set bonus.... "increased X by 1000%" etc. etc.. They have absolutely no real data on the spec and they won't get any unless they make it super strong, because the spec is already live.

They should do stuff like "Decreased maximum Mongoose stacks by 3, increase the buff to 100% each (or whatever is appropiate)" (it would increase burst and even AoE burst)
    "Increase Raptor strike damage by (another) 150%) and so on and so forth. It's nearly impossible to "overbuff" raptor strike right now.

I believe SV has a legendary that applies Lacerate with Carve or something... why the hell is that not a talent, but an RNG legendary? It would add so much to the AoE-damage and it would basically feel like WoD Survival when MS used to apply Serpent Sting. (Or make the Serpent Sting talent that SV currently has much stronger). I don't know, but that Legendary looks like it is so crucial if you want to do melee-competitive AoE damage, it's not even funny.

The spec itself is fun enough to play, it's not tuned and not mechanically polished though and that is just sad.
    At this point in time, you just can't truthfully say that the spec is out of alpha/beta-status.

Reducing Mongoose stacks, but increasing it's base damage, would already improve a lot of the problems SV has.

Target switch? - Improved
    Stat scaling? - Improved, especially mastery, you have a longer window for more max damage Bites
    AoE Burst? - Improved, might even be too strong.
    And who knows what else.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-26 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    It hasn't been updated.
    It is. Stop being lazy.

If the explosion is only 1 proc per minute I don't think it is OP at all.

It is. Stop being lazy.
    What? Lol, no it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    What? I never mention windburst granting you a 3rd charge of sidewinders. What the actual fuck are you on about.

I'm saying that if you frontload your damage by going SW-MS-Barrage-SW-MS, or even SW-Barrage-MS-SW-MS, you will have Windburst to provide you with an additional 6 seconds of vulnerable on a single target, keeping you doing optimal damage until your third Sidewinder comes off cooldown. If you didn't have windburst, you'd end up with a period of no vulnerable, as you're stacking the SW-MS without putting aimed shots in between.

In short; Windburst means you don't lose anything major from frontloading the damage, assuming the packs die in ~20-30 seconds. Go longer, and using up all your resources early on will be bad.
    Ok, that's what I thought you meant but the way you worded it I couldn't decide if you thought that WB somehow provided MT or if it was just going to be coming off it's CD.

What? Lol, no it wasn't.
    It was updated on Monday to show new pot sims.

What? Lol, no it wasn't.
    Your reading comprehension skills alarm me.

It is. Stop being lazy.
    Perhaps the confusion is coming from the fact that, while the MM sims and Consumables page both show Deadly Grace as still the best choice, the Beast Mastery sims shows Prolonged Power as best in both single and multi-target situations, but the Consumables page still says to use Deadly Grace. He may not be playing Marksman primarily.