Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Holy fucking shit, its a BUG

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Its a bug. What all are u moaning about?
    Oh I dunno, maybe the fact that Blizzard could have pre-empted this by actually looking in the Paladin/PTR forums during the last month? :P

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I look at this: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10# and it tells a different story. We are dependant on Retribution passive to be competitive. No, nerfs are definitly not needed and some buffs are welcome.

Unless your point is that Ret is fine beeing under every other class without the Retribution passive. At wich point guess what? Every other class is beter because they don't need anyone to die to perform well. Thats your "very good" place. Bottom of the pack.
    That's all bosses, and on bosses like Dragons, retribution much like a lot of other melee are usually picked to do portal groups. This drags the overall average down and will make you worse in comparison.

Overall is it absolute top tier? No. But it's no where near the bottom and considering that retribution really only has one really good legendary as far as DPS goes (ring is good, cape is amazing) it's not necessarily in a bad spot. A lot of other classes have 2-3 solid legendary items, which is really my only point of contention with the class right now.

You have a class that is both sturdy, does great damage, and while it seems like a sticking point, the retribution passive is insanely good. Who the fuck honestly cares about post progression when people stop dying and several dozen guilds stack their raid to kill things in a couple minutes? What matters is progression. Class balance really shouldn't be dictated around guilds who in a couple of weeks are going to bring half a dozen shadow priests and kill bosses in a couple minutes (granted STM is a problem and they outright stated that already). Whether you like it or not the retribution passive is amazing during progression and you're seeing plenty of retribution paladins in top end guilds for their progression kills (which wasn't the case in a lot of WoD).

Again, it's not the best spec right now, but it's not the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    That's all bosses, and on bosses like Dragons, retribution much like a lot of other melee are usually picked to do portal groups. This drags the overall average down and will make you worse in comparison.
    And on SpiderBait you will be running out of shit alot.
    And on Xavius you'll be running out of shit alot and you will be expected to focus adds(which as far as I can tell is not Ret forte due to very stronger mobility)
    And so on and so forth.

How about we stop looking for excuses about Ret DPS?
    Sure, our ST dps is good(unless we're required to move/switch), but that it to it.
    And we're not even one of the top DPs specs, not THE top mind, but you would expect of such a narrow-styled spec to excel at what it does.
    Retirubtion could use a lot of imporvement, and being middle of the pack is no longer an option.
    Enough is enough.
    Enough was long time ago.

Well, my guild cleared normal yesterday, and i was 1st dps in bosses like Ursoc and Nythendra, and top 3 in bosses with movement and shit. Ret is fine, we dont need buffs or nerfs. people just need to learn to put a lot of haste, without compromissing your strenght, and to spec rioght your talents.

No body caught the fact that Divine Hammer's CD is no longer effected by haste? CD is a flat 12 seconds now. Probably a bug.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    Well, my guild cleared normal yesterday, and i was 1st dps in bosses like Ursoc and Nythendra, and top 3 in bosses with movement and shit. Ret is fine, we dont need buffs or nerfs. people just need to learn to put a lot of haste, without compromissing your strenght, and to spec rioght your talents.
    Sorry to say, but the dps of a guild which just cleared normal (which is btw face roll even with PUGs) is not really a good comparions for the overall state of retDPS.

No need to be elitist. Even if clearing normal isnt an achievement for you, it is for him, so there is no need to belittle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    No need to be elitist. Even if clearing normal isnt an achievement for you, it is for him, so there is no need to belittle.
    He stated that ret is fine, based on his experience being top dps during the raids of a guild which is clearly not good. Sometimes I think people just grab on the first thought they have in their mind and post it here, I am not being elitist, just telling him how it is.

It's the bug fixed right now or not? :S

Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    No need to make statements about tho whole picture based on your narrow (and low) angle.
    I am usually top on kbs and damage done on random BGs, does it prove Ret is fine pvp-wise?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

Overall is it absolute top tier? No. But it's no where near the bottom and considering that retribution really only has one really good legendary as far as DPS goes (ring is good, cape is amazing) it's not necessarily in a bad spot. A lot of other classes have 2-3 solid legendary items, which is really my only point of contention with the class right now.

You have a class that is both sturdy, does great damage, and while it seems like a sticking point, the retribution passive is insanely good. Who the fuck honestly cares about post progression when people stop dying and several dozen guilds stack their raid to kill things in a couple minutes? What matters is progression. Class balance really shouldn't be dictated around guilds who in a couple of weeks are going to bring half a dozen shadow priests and kill bosses in a couple minutes (granted STM is a problem and they outright stated that already). Whether you like it or not the retribution passive is amazing during progression and you're seeing plenty of retribution paladins in top end guilds for their progression kills (which wasn't the case in a lot of WoD).

Again, it's not the best spec right now, but it's not the worst.
    Tell you what. Given that the blade of light thing was a bug, and the new Blade of Wrath is quite good added to the mastery buff. I am quite happy with where we are landing. So, i will leave it there. :P

Ok I read a hotfix notes saying it's now fixed but I can confirm that this is not fixed yet. My tooltip still says lower damage, I know a hotfix doesn't change tooltip values, but I'm doing dummy testing and tooltip values are stil the true dmg number for my skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Anardel View Post
    Ok I read a hotfix notes saying it's now fixed but I can confirm that this is not fixed yet. My tooltip still says lower damage, I know a hotfix doesn't change tooltip values, but I'm doing dummy testing and tooltip values are stil the true dmg number for my skills.
    Hotfixes don't change tooltips, you need a client patch for that.

Quote Originally Posted by saus View Post
    Hotfixes don't change tooltips, you need a client patch for that.
    Read my whole statement. I know hotfixes don't change tooltips, but if you test your dmg against real mobs or dummies, you can see that your dmg is consistent with the tooltip, aka the hotfix is not yet implemented.
    Maybe this hotfix requires a server restart.

You are assuming a lot about my angle just because I pointed out a little bit of elitism going on when it comes to normal raids

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Oh I dunno, maybe the fact that Blizzard could have pre-empted this by actually looking in the Paladin/PTR forums during the last month? :P
    They did know about it on the PTR, the fix was supposed to work on live but something messed up and it had to be fixed view a hotfix.
    They are dealing with something like 10 million lies of code, so I think we can give them a little grace when they are able to hotfix a bug like this within hours.

I'm not sure how mastery is working now but either I was just having a great night clearing the 4 attunement mythics for Karazhan or this has boosted our AOE a noticeable about. I didn't get to raid as Ret last night, had to step in as tank for our heroic clear, but at this point I have no complains about AOE or single target. I suppose the only thing to note is that those divine storm and templar's verdict talents are so crucial, but if you have echo, divine tempest, and 3/3 (maybe 4/4 with relic) righteous blade you should not at all feel lacking in dungeon aoe damage. I'm a very happy ret paladin right now.

Forget about the DPS, I would love some better mobility!

Just read what someone mentioned earlier, and indeed Divine Hammer is no longer reduced by haste. Was this an intentional change?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    Forget about the DPS, I would love some better mobility!
    yep so much this... just give Rets Holy Pony talent the one Prot has, making you immune to snare while you on steed and pvp talent to take 20% less dmg while on steed. If blizzard gives us that, i will be 100% satisfied Ret.