I generally go for 4+ Envenoms with pooling. I'll let EP fall off for a long time and pool to try and get 3 Envenoms in a row with EP afterwards. If you watch my stream and I don't do that, it's generally because I'm working around some boss timer (i.e. I'll try to spend my energy right before rot on nythendra goes out in case it's on me, etc), or because I messed up.

But 4+ and pooling is definitely the goal.

I haven't actually ever simmed it or even bothered testing to see if 3+ with EP uptime is worth it, but from my experience it certainly doesn't feel that way. That playstyle is putting too much value on EP and not enough value on your energy, because 3+ envenoms are pretty inefficient. 4+ is borderline, but it rides the line of rarely wasting combo points, which is why I like it.
    Last edited by Pinch; 2016-10-26 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Any able to have a chance to look at the parse I posted in my last post? Just trying to better myself.
    Well, you parsed 98% for your ilvl and are probably just fishing for compliments.

I probably can't claim to be playing vastly superior or anything, but here goes a quick analysis attempt of a couple things I noticed:

Your rupture uptime could be a little higher, especially on Ursoc. Make sure not to let it time falling off during a charge, and you'll probably get another couple tics worth of rupture damage there.

You energy capped for a while at about 1:15. Without digging further, I'm assuming this is again at a charge. You can always poison knife as ursoc runs away / runs back to keep stacks up, feint, or do anything else worthwhile rather than capping for a few seconds.

You didn't feint once - you should feint every charge you soak, and every roar below 30% to help your healers. If you look at high Mythic parses, you'll see this is very common.

Deleted
    So basically you cast rupture mut twice pull energy and than spam?

Deleted
    845 Master Assassin relic

vs

850 Master Alchemist relic?

Running exsang mostly, not AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinch View Post
    thanks for clarification.
    I rather have my assessment corrected than fishing for optimization in the dark (:
    Rock and Troll

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJones View Post
    Well, you parsed 98% for your ilvl and are probably just fishing for compliments.

I probably can't claim to be playing vastly superior or anything, but here goes a quick analysis attempt of a couple things I noticed:

Your rupture uptime could be a little higher, especially on Ursoc. Make sure not to let it time falling off during a charge, and you'll probably get another couple tics worth of rupture damage there.

You energy capped for a while at about 1:15. Without digging further, I'm assuming this is again at a charge. You can always poison knife as ursoc runs away / runs back to keep stacks up, feint, or do anything else worthwhile rather than capping for a few seconds.

You didn't feint once - you should feint every charge you soak, and every roar below 30% to help your healers. If you look at high Mythic parses, you'll see this is very common.
    Fishing for compliments? I'm really just trying to get a better understanding of this build to perform better, I'm very new to ep/ap so it's still a work in progress. That was my first raid as ep/ap. And I actually thought it showed me as 75% not 98, like I said I don't know how to read logs ������

Thanks for the advice - i'll try to work on keeping rupture up more, and fainting on every charge.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2016-10-26 at 04:07 PM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    is poisen knives realy sooo bad for EP/AP builds?
    regarding to this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...lview?sle=true its absolutly rubish.

got an 870 poisen knifes relict, at the moment i have an 855 gushing wounds (which is by far the best skill) in use.
    additionaly AP damage sounds not bad at all.

if im right it gives me 2% more ap damage multiplier , which is aproximitly a overall 0,6% damage increase with a full stacked 30% Agonize poisen.
    Last edited by mmoc96ce41db5d; 2016-10-26 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    is poisen knives realy sooo bad for EP/AP builds?
    regarding to this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...lview?sle=true its absolutly rubish.

got an 870 poisen knifes relict, at the moment i have an 855 gushing wounds (which is by far the best skill) in use.
    additionaly AP damage sounds not bad at all.
    That spreadsheet isn't updated with a lot of Sin changes in theorycraft/simming. You should sim the difference, though I would guess gushing wounds is ahead, and certainly ahead if you are running Exsang on many fights.

880 Master Assassin relic vs 865 Gushing Wound?

Quote Originally Posted by uguu View Post
    880 Master Assassin relic vs 865 Gushing Wound?
    Master Assassin, not even close.

Does anyone know if the Bloodstained Handkerchief from Moroes get any benefit from Assassination, or even just Attack Power etc?

I would assume it wont interact with VW or Exsang or it would be game breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    Does anyone know if the Bloodstained Handkerchief from Moroes get any benefit from Assassination, or even just Attack Power etc?

I would assume it wont interact with VW or Exsang or it would be game breaking.
    I do know for sure they don't interact with Exsang or Venomous Wounds, but attack power scaling I can't answer ( source: two guildies got it this week )

FieryDemise has tweeted out for anyone who gets it to test it with Assassination but no one has responded yet. I wasn't lucky enough to get it myself.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch View Post
    Even during vendetta/vanish+rupture/kingsbane uptimes? Or do you aim for maximizing EP uptime regardless then?

Anyone else doing stupidly high damage after the patch using the AP build and insignia of ravenholdt? They've obviously buffed the ring it's doing 12% of my total damage. 410k sustained dps on the dummy for 3-4 minutes is nothing to be laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeclipse View Post
    Anyone else doing stupidly high damage after the patch using the AP build and insignia of ravenholdt? They've obviously buffed the ring it's doing 12% of my total damage. 410k sustained dps on the dummy for 3-4 minutes is nothing to be laughed at.
    Can you link your armory? Also have the ring but don't get anywhere close that number...

Is AP/EP worth when u got 3 relics which increase your bleed dmg (2x) and your crit bleed (1x). I currently run with EX/EP. The best spec for me (1h testing on a dummy) is apparently AP/MP. Got around ~300k dps (10k more than AP/EP). Got the legendary bracers and epic pants (didn't transmog :*( ) yesterday (after testing).
    Any advice for me?

Amory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...e/Crehe/simple
    Last edited by Dagrot; 2016-10-27 at 10:16 AM.

Quick question, I read that you want x3 master assasin relics. But what ilvl on my relics do I break the combo? I dont think I understand the Google doc when it comes to relic math
    Last edited by Rashi; 2016-10-27 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buahbleah View Post
    Can you link your armory? Also have the ring but don't get anywhere close that number...
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Callencia/advanced

Deleted
    Is Bloodthirsty Instinct not as good as I was told? Or am I doing something wrong? I finally got it yesterday (trinket 870 ivl) and used it to replace the vers stat stick... Aaaand my DPS on a dummy went down ~20k. I am using crit/vers build and EP/Exs, and supposedly Ursoc's trink should help with EP uptime. In my 856 gear I do around 309k dps (5 minutes on a dummy), and with Bloodthirsty it goes down to 288-295.

SOMETHING'S NOT QUITE RIGHT

Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dzazga/simple
    Last edited by mmocff6bdf9abd; 2016-10-27 at 10:56 AM.