Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    McDonalds is pretty famous for screwing up orders - oftentimes you might get someone else's food, or an article which you paid for will be missing from their trademark takeout brown bag.

However, every once in a blue moon, you have a chance to get something more which you didn't pay for. A few minutes ago I came home and was pleasantly surprised to find out that a random McDouble w/Bacon had been inadvertently added alongside my Big Mac. What are the odds?

So the purpose of this thread is to gather data and see how many of you get lucky with McDonalds' shitty service. Posters will have a chance to win the aforementioned McDouble as I'm pretty sure that this thing can stay fresh through multiple days of shipping.
    it is quite rare when I get something for nothing. But when I do, I cherish the moment.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    I've only had a wrong order once and they actually gave me more than I paid for >.<

But honestly, it's hard to find good employees so automation could be a great way to increase service in the fast food sector.

I got a proc.. it came in the form of cancer from eating too much Mcdonalds food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    I got a proc.. it came in the form of cancer from eating too much Mcdonalds food.
    I believe that would be a debuff.

Also, sorry to hear that. Hopefully all is (or will be) well again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a US issue. Something like that never happened here.

I don't go to McDonald's regularly.. only when it's right THERE, and I need to eat at that exact moment in time. The one we have in town is pretty nice... it's one of the fancy ones. I've never had them mess up an order either, and the times I do eat there. They can get through a long line in the drive through pretty damn fast. I... one time... was ordering breakfast... and got an extra hashbrown for free. And my coffee was a size larger then I ordered. I was jittery, but happy! I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not... but I had asked the dude at the window how they kept all the ordered separate, and knew which cars to give them to.

Apparently they take pictures, and it comes up in a queue :P Which makes sense... I would have thought of that eventually...

I'd consider a proc the one time they get it fucking right.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    They've never gotten my order wrong. Only go there once or twice a month though.

Sounds like it happens in parts of US, certainly more often than other countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

"Proc" is cringeworthy terminology. How often do you eat at McDonalds?

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    McDonald's I've found do vary widely in quality from restaurant to restaurant. It's the management, and bad ones are consistently bad because they hire bad employees and both mgmt and employees don't care about mistakes. The one nearest my house is so bad about getting orders wrong (and having nasty cold food) that as far as I'm concerned it closed for good. If I have a strange hankering for McDonald's I drive right by it another 10 minutes to the next McD's. Even though it's further out of my way, the food will be reasonably warm and the odds are about 3x higher they'll get my order right.
    The McDonald's about a mile away from my place is fantastic. Admittedly I don't go there often enough to care about accidentally getting free shit (I get fast food once a month or less), but the restaurant is always clean, my order is accurate and my wait time is short.

There is a locally-owned cafe in my neighborhood that gives away a ton of free soups, sandwiches, salads, pastries to regular customers. I don't go there as often as I did when I was in law school, but it was nice way for the owner to encourage repeat business.

Last time I got stuff for free? Probably the grocery store. Had a rain check for 4-packs of protein shakes for $6.49 each (normally $9.49 each), the cashier forgot to put in 2 of the 3 protein shake packs but did remember to put in the discount for each one (plus an extra one). So I essentially got $9 off my grocery store order, didn't realize it until I looked at the receipt when I got home.

7+ Year Old Account
    I rarely eat at McDonald's, but when I do, I don't "proc". There or anywhere else. If my order's short, I tell them to fix it. If my order's wrong, I tell them to fix it. If they give me too much, I tell them to fix it or charge me for it, if the extra is something I'm interested in. I've actually driven back to a gas station (20 miles) to pay for coffee that I realized they didn't charge me for. /shrug

7+ Year Old Account
    I "proc'ed" the last time I went to McD's. I was getting a happy meal for my kid, with apple slices, and they gave me the apple slices and the fries as a side. The time before that I went to McD's, my drink was comped for no reason, and I donated that money instead to their Ronald McDonald house.

I don't mind going there whenever I get a hankering, might go once a month or so.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

I always get less, like I ordered my double 1/4 pound BLT, got a 1/4 pound regular. Except once, I got extra fries for free.
    The one in my city does a lot of mistake.

7+ Year Old Account
    Never, sadly. Though they honestly screw up our orders 50% of the time. It's annoying, it's frustrating, but we've gotten a lot of free shit out of the deal for it, so I don't complain too much.

Dunkin Donuts, though. Wooh. Back when my husband worked third shift, he'd often come home and wake me up with a coffee and some donuts. The owner eventually noticed him and started giving him free donuts left and right. That guy was -awesome-.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't eat there any more. But they've never messed up my order. So I'm either incredibly lucky or unlucky.

I dont go to that shit hole often enough to remember the last time the mouth breathers there gave me extra stuff.

Now, I am not opposed to fast food at all, I LOVE, shit McDs frys are the best. Its just the the McDs by me are staffed by the lest intelligent, least friendly (verging on openly hostile), slowest food workers I have ever seen.
    During lunch rush its faster to go to Culvers across the road than it is to go to McDs. Culvers, where your food is made to order, is faster than McDs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    "Proc" is cringeworthy terminology.
    Why? I think its fitting considering the crowd the question is being posed to.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I once had a money procc. I ended up with more money than before + with the meal.

Rush hour is the best time to test your proc rate - bonus points if you are sandwiched between cars that are similar to yours.

Also I do have a tendency to discuss Jay Wilson's design philosophy, as well as Bacon, on the internet. Maybe it isn't a coincidence that I got a free McDouble w/Bacon? I have always wanted to be famous.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I remember getting 64 pieces of chicken instead of 24 at KFC once, I feasted that night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    McDonalds is pretty famous for screwing up orders - oftentimes you might get someone else's food, or an article which you paid for will be missing from their trademark takeout brown bag.

However, every once in a blue moon, you have a chance to get something more which you didn't pay for. A few minutes ago I came home and was pleasantly surprised to find out that a random McDouble w/Bacon had been inadvertently added alongside my Big Mac. What are the odds?

So the purpose of this thread is to gather data and see how many of you get lucky with McDonalds' shitty service. Posters will have a chance to win the aforementioned McDouble as I'm pretty sure that this thing can stay fresh through multiple days of shipping.
    When I was in high school many moons ago, we'd go through the drive thru around closing time. We'd find a cheeseburger or double cheeseburger or three in our large order. After 3 or 4 times, before we packed it in for the night driving around small town shithole Michigan we'd intentionally hit McD's at close for extra shit. Teenagers are eating machines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    wait your Mcdonalds has poutine.. NOT FAIR!

Yuuuup. Live in Canada, Alberta specifically. There was a time when they had Maple Syrup and Bacon Poutines. Maybe they still do, I don't know, because fuck bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.