Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PSA: vengeance hidden appearance

If you unlocked your havoc hidden appearance, the moment you unlock one of the other three colors it auto unlock it for vengeance now making it usable without farming for the main hidden appearance item. I currently have the 1000 kill and soon the 200 WQ on havoc and I have the red bulwark unlocked on vengeance. I was so happy to discover this after the patch. Was t like this before patch because I think we needd to grind two time before right?

edit: mainly for those going crazy fighting the boss everyday with no luck!
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2016-10-26 at 07:21 AM.

It's been like this from the start. I've used both the hidden skins with the unlocked colours for a few weeks now even though I only unlocked them through the havoc hidden appearance.

Good to know.

Now if I could just get it to drop. I think a month+ demon slaying should be enough, but RNG says no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Was t like this before patch because I think we needd to grind two time before right?
    You're not supposed to be able to use the other colours until you have unlocked the main first. If you can do that, expect a fix eventually. However, once you have the kills, quests and whatnot, with ONE hidden skin, it's unlocked for ALL hidden skins on a character.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2016-10-26 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    You're not supposed to be able to use the other colours until you have unlocked the main first. If you can do that, expect a fix eventually. However, once you have the kills, quests and whatnot, with ONE hidden skin, it's unlocked for ALL hidden skins on a character.
    That literally what he said. He just noticed he has all the recolors for his vengeance artifact, when he did the criteria with his havoc one.

some say itnis like this from the start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    That literally what he said. He just noticed he has all the recolors for his vengeance artifact, when he did the criteria with his havoc one.
    That may be how you read it, but I read it as he wrote it: "making it usable without farming for the main hidden appearance item." The item itself. Meaning the thingie you unlock the appearance with.

That may be how you read it, but I read it as he wrote it: "making it usable without farming for the main hidden appearance item." The item itself. Meaning the thingie you unlock the appearance with.
    You are right I don't have the main hidden appearance but got all 3 recolors unlocked, vengeance is unlock and I can use all 3 color variations available as we write this.

Deleted
    A hidden skin should not be usable in any colour, until you unlock the first one with the item, as stated in my first reply. Again, expect a fix eventually.

A hidden skin should not be usable in any colour, until you unlock the first one with the item, as stated in my first reply. Again, expect a fix eventually.
    I think you are mis-reading the post. The way I'm reading it, it is talking about this:

- Unlock Havoc skin
    - Do 200 WQ, get the different palette.
    - Unlock Vengeance skin, the WQ palette comes pre-unlocked.

And yes, this is intended, since there is only 1 hidden achievement that unlocks these extra palettes, rather than one per spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiede View Post
    I think you are mis-reading the post. The way I'm reading it, it is talking about this:

- Unlock Havoc skin
    - Do 200 WQ, get the different palette.

And yes, this is intended, since there is only 1 hidden achievement that unlocks these extra palettes, rather than one per spec.
    He is saying he is using it. He literally said "You are right I don't have the main hidden appearance but got all 3 recolors unlocked, vengeance is unlock and I can use all 3 color variations available as we write this."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiede View Post
    That is the way it should be, yes, and that is indeed intended.

But he is saying he can use the secondary colours without having obtained the primary first. That is not intended.

That is the way it should be, yes, and that is indeed intended.

But he is saying he can use the secondary colours without having obtained the primary first. That is not intended.
    Huh, yeah. Okay, I'm the one who read it wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    PSA: unlocking a color unlocks it across all artifacts for that character, regardless of spec.
    disco inferno

Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    PSA: unlocking a color unlocks it across all artifacts for that character, regardless of spec.
    Except prior to 7.1, it wouldn't unlock a hidden appearance you didn't already have. If I unlock the WQ color for the Havoc hidden appearance, should it also enable the WQ color of the Vengeance appearance if it never actually dropped off the boss for me yet? Honestly, I don't know if this change is intentional or not on Blizz's part.

I was hoping this thread was about a way to make the hidden appearance more likely/guaranteed to drop. Had the twisting nether unlocked pretty much as fast as it could have been and I'm still waiting.
    Top 100.

Has anyone else been locked out of twisting nether since Tuesday? I could do it Tuesday, but now when I go down there I can't summon a demon and get nothing for the kill.

Definitely going to try unlocking the extra colors through the Havoc one, I've had it since I hit AK 5. I'm wondering if it's a character-specific or account unlock as well, I have one of the hidden appearances on another character. (Incidentally, not for it's main spec either)

Like I said, I did the 1k honor kills with my havoc hidden artifact, it unlocked for both appearance, I can now use the hidden appearance for veangeance artifact 1k honor kill, but none of the others, I don't have the main hidden appearance unlocked yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMalky View Post
    Has anyone else been locked out of twisting nether since Tuesday? I could do it Tuesday, but now when I go down there I can't summon a demon and get nothing for the kill.

Definitely going to try unlocking the extra colors through the Havoc one, I've had it since I hit AK 5. I'm wondering if it's a character-specific or account unlock as well, I have one of the hidden appearances on another character. (Incidentally, not for it's main spec either)
    Pretty sure any artifact progression is character specific.

Also, if you don't have it, sit on the side and only tag the demon if he's one of the higher drop rate demons. You want Mordrethal or Balzorok
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Here's a potentially dumb question that is still relating to the subject at hand. If I throw on my Havoc hidden appearance to farm for the achievements but then transmog my glaives into swords/axes/whatever does that negate the progress?

Also, hi all. Came back to WoW after being gone since BC. Having a blast with both DH specs.