Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I think people are worried that an assassination rogue in their raid group is beating them on a usually meaningless dps meter by like 5k dps on heroic nythendra or something and over reacting...sub is very viable, even w/o boots. At no point have I felt like I'm being carried in my raid group. The dps is fine, assuming you have the gear for it and you know when to push what buttons. Boots are the biggest upgrade you can get in terms of 1 item, and are only considered "essential" cause those of us who don't have it (including myself) see other sub rogs with it putting up over 400k and get real jelly and frustrated at how legendaries have been handled. We see the potential dps we could be doing but can't realize it because we haven't gotten the right RNG, which is absolute horseshit, but that is legion loot so far. The top parses are almost always going to have the boots, just like the top UH DK parses will have the wrists, boomkins the head, etc etc.....

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say he was good, did I?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Conjwa View Post
    thats not even good. i regularly pull upwards of 500-600k on dungeon bosses at 875 ilvl sub (provided there are no immune mechanics)
    Random heroic groups with a 15% damage buff and a boss that dies in under a minute is my guess.

Anyway - Sub is in a weird position right now. You won't really be able to compete with compotent Assassination rogues unless you have the boots - and even when you get them they're playing an easier spec with more room for error than Sub right now. The level of micro and macromanagment required makes it really non-forgiving.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2016-10-25 at 09:15 PM.

My point is that sub is more difficult to play as a result we should have a inherit advantage over face roll assination, assination is my most hated spec in all of wow so that may be why I'm biased against it

Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    Random heroic groups with a 15% damage buff and a boss that dies in under a minute is my guess.

Anyway - Sub is in a weird position right now. You won't really be able to compete with compotent Assassination rogues unless you have the boots - and even when you get them they're playing an easier spec with more room for error than Sub right now. The level of micro and macromanagment required makes it really non-forgiving.
    To me sub and assassination are about the same in difficulty. If you fuck up your bleeds then you're fucked. Sub is as easy as using shadow dance at the right energy level and spamming your buttons as fast as you can. Not really hard, and really doesn't take much thinking.

For example I pulled 620k dps on 2nd boss on a 10 court of stars last week. I'm not talking about random heroics...

All this shows is that the legendary boots really need a nerf.

For example I pulled 620k dps on 2nd boss on a 10 court of stars last week. I'm not talking about random heroics...
    How long did the fight last?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

- - - Updated - - -

The boss that has 6 Imps alive for 80% of the fight? Alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Celfydd View Post
    All this shows is that the legendary boots really need a nerf.
    It really doesn't. He's not pulling that DPS over an extended fight or single target (obviously) and as it stands the only boss hes gave an example of is one where you can spam shuriken storm for 80% of the fight. Let's not even consider that he could have the cloak too, making it a joke to pull that number with the 30 stacks charged.

In regards to Assassination I'm talking AP build, not Exang. You can't really screw up your bleeds as agonizing unless you're doing something horribly wrong.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2016-10-26 at 09:13 AM.

How are the new potions compared to old war? I need to sim a bunch of gear this week almost to item level 870

Quote Originally Posted by milkbonez View Post
    I think people are worried that an assassination rogue in their raid group is beating them on a usually meaningless dps meter by like 5k dps on heroic nythendra or something and over reacting...sub is very viable, even w/o boots. At no point have I felt like I'm being carried in my raid group. The dps is fine, assuming you have the gear for it and you know when to push what buttons. Boots are the biggest upgrade you can get in terms of 1 item, and are only considered "essential" cause those of us who don't have it (including myself) see other sub rogs with it putting up over 400k and get real jelly and frustrated at how legendaries have been handled. We see the potential dps we could be doing but can't realize it because we haven't gotten the right RNG, which is absolute horseshit, but that is legion loot so far. The top parses are almost always going to have the boots, just like the top UH DK parses will have the wrists, boomkins the head, etc etc.....
    exactly my thoughts, I can't even compare dps for parses... I look at single target they either have ring or boots. I look dragons/cleave, they have cape or ring, or even boots. Its frustrating. I got 3 legendaries and not a single good one, sephuz secret - shit, neck-shit, and bracers which are ok.
    Last edited by elcapone; 2016-10-26 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elcapone View Post
    exactly my thoughts, I can't even compare dps for parses... I look at single target they either have ring or boots. I look dragons/cleave, they have cape or ring, or even boots. Its frustrating. I got 3 legendaries and not a single good one, sephuz secret - shit, neck-shit, and bracers which are ok.
    Look at it this way, your next legendaries will be good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Look at it this way, your next legendaries will be good ones.
    feelsbadman fools gold

Man if I getold ring or bracers I can't imagine how high I'll be for my guilds dps alrdy number 1 for ursoc , nyth spider and dragons

- - - Updated - - -

The boss that has 6 Imps alive for 80% of the fight? Alright.

It really doesn't. He's not pulling that DPS over an extended fight or single target (obviously) and as it stands the only boss hes gave an example of is one where you can spam shuriken storm for 80% of the fight. Let's not even consider that he could have the cloak too, making it a joke to pull that number with the 30 stacks charged.

In regards to Assassination I'm talking AP build, not Exang. You can't really screw up your bleeds as agonizing unless you're doing something horribly wrong.
    We're talking about dungeons though. If the boss is alive for longer than a minute or two (depending on boss) your group is bad.

We're talking about dungeons though. If the boss is alive for longer than a minute or two (depending on boss) your group is bad.
    But the point is that a 1min fight inflates your DPS.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    But the point is that a 1min fight inflates your DPS.
    The original comment I replied to was saying that Sub shouldn't be buffed because some random guy pulled 350k on a dungeon boss fight.

So the next question is what the second best sub lege is I'm assuming ring followed by bracers then belt?