15+ Year Old Account

Seeking feedback on heroic Ursoc kill

I'm seeking some feedback for all you pros who know how to decipher logs and see what's good/what's not good. Here's the heroic ursoc kill from my guild run tonight. I recently switched from Bleed to Poison build, and I'm really enjoying it, surprised at the huge DPS increase. I saw over an 80k DPS increase from simply switching two talents and putting on some mastery pieces. Unreal. I want to see if there's anything I can do to improve my DPS, see if there's something I'm missing, etc, to fully utilize this spec build.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...6RTJ/#fight=27

here's my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealfate/simple

My main goal was keeping up the buff by envenoming every 3-4 CP, and maitaining rupture/Garrote as much as I could while weaving envenoms. I personally can't check how high the uptime on EP was, though, I'm not sure where that is in the log.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2016-10-26 at 05:09 AM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

You really can achieve ~100% Garrote/Rupture uptime with this build, try to, every bit of energy helps you out on keeping EP up

Try to do 5~6 CP Envenoms, only do the 4 CP ones if you get 4 CPs from a single Mutilate, try it out on dummy to see how it feels

I personally take "Vigor" i cannot stand how SLOW it feels without it. I would rather not play Assassination if it was that slow.

You had a 74.15% uptime on EP. I don't play Assassination so idk if thats good or not.

Even though i don't play Assassination, one thing i noticed is you didn't use vanish once. Why?

My main goal was keeping up the buff by envenoming every 3-4 CP, and maitaining rupture/Garrote as much as I could while weaving envenoms.
    If you aren't even using the full 6 combo points wouldn't it be better to go "Vigor"?

15+ Year Old Account
    I used vanish twice during the fight for ruptures. Not sure why it's not showing.

And I don't know if it would be better to use vigor, that's why I'm posting. See title

You did nothing wrong. It was a pretty flawless kill, congrats.

Do NOT swap to vigor. Yes it makes it feel better but you will lose dps in doing so.

74% uptime on EP is actually good. Most float around 65-70%.

Only comments I can make really is try to be on top of ruptures. You want as close to 100% uptime as possible. And your crit is low which is hurting you. You are using more 3-4 pt envenoms then you should be because you aren't getting the crits in time. Drop a little haste and even some mastery if need be but you need to push for 44% crit. So long as your mastery is around 110-125% you are fine. Obviously the more the better but sacrificing crit is a no go to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay. Thanks for the input. I can probably switch out some mastery for a few higher crit pieces I have.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    If you aren't even using the full 6 combo points wouldn't it be better to go "Vigor"?
    Erm, what? You don't take DS because of the extra combo point (though its nice) ,you take it for the insane boost to your finisher damage. Do NOT take vigor you will lose dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    Erm, what? You don't take DS because of the extra combo point (though its nice) ,you take it for the insane boost to your finisher damage. Do NOT take vigor you will lose dps.
    I understand it's more damage but "Insane"? 10% is nice but i am wondering what the dps difference is.. i cant see "Insane" being the right word here.

I understand it's more damage but "Insane"? 10% is nice but i am wondering what the dps difference is.. i cant see "Insane" being the right word here.
    Do you do logs? Look at how much dmg your rupture does and envenom does. What's 10% of those values? It's a pretty sizeable number.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Do you do logs? Look at how much dmg your rupture does and envenom does. What's 10% of those values? It's a pretty sizeable number.
    I am not much of a log type person but i will have to go searching i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Okay. Thanks for the input. I can probably switch out some mastery for a few higher crit pieces I have.
    I'd suggest simming the changes. Changing out mastery pieces for crit pieces might be an improvement, but may not be if you also pick up a lot of haste while losing the mastery. More crit is definitely better though. One thing that is commonly overlooked in having decent crit for Assassination, and thus running 4+ envenoms more often is that the number of combo points you use affects the bonus from Surge of Toxins. More combo points = more bonus, up to 5 combo points.

If you've never noticed it, this is why sometimes your poison bomb damage just shoots through the roof - it's usually because you dropped a 5 or 6 point envenom procc'ing Poison Bomb during vendetta, and it gets the whole AP/EP/Vendetta/Surge bonus. I sometimes fish for this at the start of fights, but it isn't really reliable.

I personally take "Vigor" i cannot stand how SLOW it feels without it. I would rather not play Assassination if it was that slow.
    Yikes. You're really gimping yourself. But I respect your choice. Play what feels best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    You did nothing wrong. It was a pretty flawless kill, congrats.

Do NOT swap to vigor. Yes it makes it feel better but you will lose dps in doing so.

74% uptime on EP is actually good. Most float around 65-70%.

Only comments I can make really is try to be on top of ruptures. You want as close to 100% uptime as possible. And your crit is low which is hurting you. You are using more 3-4 pt envenoms then you should be because you aren't getting the crits in time. Drop a little haste and even some mastery if need be but you need to push for 44% crit. So long as your mastery is around 110-125% you are fine. Obviously the more the better but sacrificing crit is a no go to do it.
    Hey,

I switched out some gear to match your suggestion of going 44% crit, and I did, with 111% mastery. Is that extra crit worth losing all that mastery over? I was at 136%, that seems fairly huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the breakpoint is 105% mastery, and from there you want to go as much crit as possible. This is what I have been striving for at least... Here are my logs for comparison: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...081708/latest/

Also, here is the top poison build rogue (on heroic) in our server where you can see how he has also around 100% mastery and a bit more focus on the crit although it isn't that high: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Rngpls/simple

What I'm trying to say: After 105% mastery, it loses its value (at least from how I have understood it and if I am wrong, please someone correct me) and you want to have full focus on crit.
    Last edited by Isoge; 2016-10-27 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Hey,

I switched out some gear to match your suggestion of going 44% crit, and I did, with 111% mastery. Is that extra crit worth losing all that mastery over? I was at 136%, that seems fairly huge.
    I have been simming different gearing situations for a week now. Going mastery heavy with lower crit to lower mastery with higher crit just to try to get a base line on it. Lowering mastery, provided you still stay within reasonable amounts, usually would be a very minor dps loss. Where as gaining 8% crit is a noticeable increase. You should be fine with this set up.

Best thing I can say is try it out and see how it feels and performs for you. Worst case scenario you start swapping around gear again but I highly doubt that will be the case.