Poll: How much caffeine do you consume per day?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    750mg is insane. What in the world do you need so much for?

- - - Updated - - -

You should get more sleep
    750 is nothing, if slowly building up over weeks. Caffeine resistance is real

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Never went to culinary school. Worked in restaurants since I was 15, supported myself that way through school, and just ended up staying.

OT: Caffeine intake for the day so far -- three sips of Coke.
    Why didn't you end up using your law degree? Just wondering.

http://indoneuro.com/wp-content/file...e_enhancer.pdf

Caffeine does not usually affect performance in learning and memory tasks, although caffeine may occasionally have facilitatory or inhibitory effects on memory and learning. Caffeine facilitates learning in tasks in which information is presented passively; in tasks in which material is learned intentionally, caffeine has no effect. Caffeine facilitates performance in tasks involving working memory to a limited extent, but hinders performance in tasks that heavily depend on working memory, and caffeine appears to rather improve memory performance under suboptimal alertness conditions. Most studies, however, found improvements in reaction time. The ingestion of caffeine does not seem to affect long-term memory. At low doses, caffeine improves hedonic tone and reduces anxiety, while at high doses, there is an increase in tense arousal, including anxiety, nervousness, jitteriness. The larger improvement of performance in fatigued subjects confirms that caffeine is a mild stimulant. Caffeine has also been reported to prevent cognitive decline in healthy subjects but the results of the studies are heterogeneous, some finding no age-related effect while others reported effects only in one sex and mainly in the oldest population. In conclusion, it appears that caffeine cannot be considered a ;pure' cognitive enhancer. Its indirect action on arousal, mood and concentration contributes in large part to its cognitive enhancing properties.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    750 is nothing, if slowly building up over weeks. Caffeine resistance is real
    Try cutting it back, slowly. It helps with re-sensitizing your body/brain to "feeling" the effects of caffeine at lower levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    I generally don't consume caffeine. I voted 100mg or less though as some items contain it that I might come across on occasion. If I go out to a restaurant, I'll sometimes order a Coke, but usually I'll get a root beer or lemonade. At home, I just drink water.

2+ cups, but I drink them black from cold brew. Not sure if it still measures out the same level of caffeine.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I drink the strongest and nastiest cup of coffee one can find every 2-3 months, each time there's a seminary at my university. It helps greatly to avoid falling asleep during the heavier parts, and it helps me concentrate but it gives me terrible headaches.

I drink usually 3 cups of cappoccino a day. Sometimes more.

My mom can drink anywhere between 6 and 10 cups of coffee a day. But nevermind her, she's insane
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I usually drink around 30 ounces of coffee every morning. However, I usually drink the darkest roast I can get my hands on, so there is less caffeine. I occasionally will drink a glass of iced tea with lunch, but never have caffeine after 1 pm or so. I have insomnia, so anything later than that and I will have trouble sleeping that night.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Anywhere between 8 and 12 cups of coffee a day. Generally all before noon. I have considered mixing half decaf with my coffee to not drink so much caffeine, but never followed through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anywhere from 1 to 6 cups, depending on what I'm doing and how sleep deprived I am.

Don't consider it to be a problem, no. I've never had headaches or things like that when going without coffee for a day.

I'm at about 250mg today, mocha from starbucks on the way in and a 20oz pepsi from vending machine that i'll nurse all day (and probably not finish). That's more than likely the extent of my caffeine intake for today. 99% sure of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

We'll I only drink water, and have not bought cola for myself in 1+ year now, but if served I don't mind it.

It annoy's me so many people living so fucking unhealthy and here Im sitting with health problems....Its all about genetics, you can wondor how my kind ever won the race to the womb...But yea....fuck living healthy when you are blessed with a body that can just do it all...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually 2-3 big cups of coffee at home (250ml each), 5-10 cups at work (approx. 150ml each). Though I'm mixing it with milk, something like 30-40% coffee and rest milk. I need caffeine to work, I'm software developer and it helps me to think. Can't work as efficiently without coffee.

7+ Year Old Account
    At least a 12 cup pot of Pilao(Red brick not that Extra Forte stuff). I reckon it is quite a bit of caffeine.

I use creamer, but very little. Maybe 2 tablespoons for entire pot.
    Last edited by Canield; 2016-10-27 at 03:11 PM.

2x Cup of coffee (strong) and 1x cup of tea (medium/strong) pretty much every day. No idea how much caffiene.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I don't drink coffee, but coke zero on the weekends.

There is a word for people who "can't start their day without coffee" and it starts with "a" and ends with "ddict".
    Oh make no mistake, I'm a coffee addict.

I'm like the Nightborne of Suramar - if I'm all hopped up on a high dose I'm like:

Pre-caffeine in the morning I'm like:

If I ever stopped consuming large doses of caffeine daily, I'm pretty sure I turn into a zombie:
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why didn't you end up using your law degree? Just wondering.
    I used it for a while directly, then got burned out on "Big Law" life. Now I'm using it indirectly as a business owner. As head chef of (now) three restaurants, I rarely get into the kitchen. My main duties are administrative -- setting up catering events, inventory, talking to vendors and placing orders, keeping all of the records straight, and so on.

Back OT: Three sips of Coke and a cup of tea so far today for my caffeine intake.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.