Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Every half decent MMO has a list of targets where you simply select the one you want to focus on, WoW doesn't for whatever reason and tab targetting has always been kinda crappy, you can make do with it but they could realy improve the targetting system, its 2016 for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Teca View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I've always found it to be more efficient to click on the enemy nameplate. When multiple mobs are around and especially on different elevations, you run the risk of tab targetting the incorrect mob.
    This is what I do, works beautifully.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I wonder if somethings happened in the patch to tab targeting, because since patch it feels like tabbing isn't working correctly, can have million mobs in front of me, but using tab it won't filter through any of them.
    have the same problems.

tho, that's not much of a problem for me, i've been clicking nameplates since i started playing lol.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzbong View Post
    pretty much as the title says. that addon fixed the massive problem with being able to actually select the targets you're trying to attack. now doing everything is just shittier

this MMO has been out for 10+ years, how the actual fuck is the targeting system still so atrociously shitty? i don't want to have to click around the screen and be looking trying to find the fucking health bars of what i'm fighting. it's inane. it adds nothing to the game.

7.1 so far has been 1)shitty 2)boring as fuck 3)why the fuck is it 7.1 if the raid isnt coming out for 2 weeks?
    Well, you would have quit at some point since you want everything just the way YOU want. Not a big loss. Cry harder.

It made affliction so much simpler. Alas, blizzard upon high decided that's just not cricket, and so back we are to tab targeting / nameplate lucky dip.

It was great and all but not worth quitting over. I believe blizz did this so their new mantra of no one should 'need' an add on to play would run true. Course I'd consider it a massive challenge to raid with the default UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vorpalbladebb View Post
    What isn't working with it? It's been updated and is listed as supported in 7.1..

At first, when I would try to dismiss the frames by pressing V it would kick me out of WoW entirely. I would get a notification that says a program is trying to access something in my WoW folder that isn't there. I logged out, re-downloaded the addon and that didn't help. After that I just turned off my computer for a while and came back later. When I came back I didn't get booted anymore but the frames were acting weird. The frames wouldn't fill in the spaces between them. I would have several blanks in between the enemy frames.

I thought the only thing that was changing was that nameplates can't accept click casting anymore, but that keybind/mouseover casting should still work fine. Is that not the case?
    Another thing that would happen is I would have something targeted and when I left click on the enemy frame for my Avenger's Shield to be used it would say that I don't have anything targeted. If I right clicked for my Consecrate to be used it would work. Is it that update that's causing this to happen?

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...758863#post-17

Seems so.......
    Last edited by Templar 331; 2016-10-26 at 09:09 PM.

Enemy grid was nice but it was only just a solution to blizzard's terrible new nameplate and tab target behavior. I really hope they take a look at those now that they broke enemy grid. I would have like if they fixed both as they broke enemygrid even more though...

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Tabbing hasn't worked correctly since Vanilla.
    Seriously. It seems to target first everything EXCEPT the thing that's directly in front of me and the thing I'm looking squarely at, and if there's an enemy player like, within 50 miles, it'll make for damned sure to always target that, no matter what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Was thinking like that, but thought it would be mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really the same, though. Enemy Vs. Friends. Damage Vs. Heal.
    Could you expand why its not the same - Why is it OK to target a friendly mob via an grid but not a enemy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Stop acting like a giant man baby.
    Says someone called Quikbunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    RIP best Dot addon ever. Oh well... It's funny that blizz allows healers to heal people through frames but dpsers are not allowed to do the same with damage dealing cos "immersion".
    You had battlegroundtargets for pvp for a long time also. So in instanced pvp enemy raid frames were allowed. Once pve goes that route it stopped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    Enemy grid was nice but it was only just a solution to blizzard's terrible new nameplate and tab target behavior. I really hope they take a look at those now that they broke enemy grid. I would have like if they fixed both as they broke enemygrid even more though...
    The new name plate system, tab target and mouse over targeting all took a step backwards with Legion. So no matter how you play targeting got worse all at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Seriously. It seems to target first everything EXCEPT the thing that's directly in front of me and the thing I'm looking squarely at, and if there's an enemy player like, within 50 miles, it'll make for damned sure to always target that, no matter what.
    There are two targeting options in your interface, one makes tab jump to what is directly infront of you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

pretty much as the title says. that addon fixed the massive problem with being able to actually select the targets you're trying to attack. now doing everything is just shittier

this MMO has been out for 10+ years, how the actual fuck is the targeting system still so atrociously shitty? i don't want to have to click around the screen and be looking trying to find the fucking health bars of what i'm fighting. it's inane. it adds nothing to the game.

7.1 so far has been 1)shitty 2)boring as fuck 3)why the fuck is it 7.1 if the raid isnt coming out for 2 weeks?
    What would you propose the patch number be swapped to because one piece of content is time gated?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You had battlegroundtargets for pvp for a long time also. So in instanced pvp enemy raid frames were allowed. Once pve goes that route it stopped.
    so your point is....it's fine for pvp but not pve or something? you are not making any sense

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    so your point is....it's fine for pvp but not pve or something? you are not making any sense
    Yes I am the one not making sense. Good luck buddy.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really the same, though. Enemy Vs. Friends. Damage Vs. Heal.
    We have frames for bosses and important adds, we have enemy frames for pvp, but for some reason we can't have that for usual mobs.

10+ Year Old Account

Pro tip: Don't use TAB .... i tank with these settings and works much better
    mousescroll up: target next enemy
    mousescroll down: target previous enemy

alt+mousewheel: zoom in/out
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

The enemy list type thing is baseline in FF14. I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    7.1 has been out for less than a week. How have you already determined how good it is? Also if the removal of one mod is what has pushed you to unsubscribe I would say you have been heading that way for quite some time.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Could you expand why its not the same - Why is it OK to target a friendly mob via an grid but not a enemy?
    inertia.

Healers have been using Raid Frame based targeting/healing for a *long* time. If they broke the functionality of that a lot of healers would quit healing (or quit the game).

Enemy grid makes it so that DoT classes that used it had a huge advantage over people not using it. So before this got to be a mandatory addon for DoT classes Blizzard have squashed it.

TAB targeting is actually pretty good, (provided you don't use the default settings.) See the video linked upthread for destructions on how to use the newer better TAB system, or revert to how it used to work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Tab targeting in Wow is by far the worse I have ever seen, and until just recently mob packs health bars loved to stack ontop of each other.
    Obviously you've never tried Final Fantasy 14, otherwise you'd praise the tab targeting in WoW after coming back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosebumps View Post
    inertia.

Healers have been using Raid Frame based targeting/healing for a *long* time. If they broke the functionality of that a lot of healers would quit healing (or quit the game).

Enemy grid makes it so that DoT classes that used it had a huge advantage over people not using it. So before this got to be a mandatory addon for DoT classes Blizzard have squashed it.

TAB targeting is actually pretty good, (provided you don't use the default settings.) See the video linked upthread for destructions on how to use the newer better TAB system, or revert to how it used to work.
    OK so it is the same they just don't want people people gaining an advantage- have they actually stated that? In any case the usual way avoid the issue is to improve your UI to match the addons clarity.