Deleted

20% haste > mastery?

Hey guys so I'm playing arms and have Been using simulationcraft a lot lately to compare items. What I'm experiencing is it prioritized haste a lot, even above haste. So by hitting my 20% haste breakpoint I lose a decent amount of mastery but my simDPS increases slot. Is it something worth going for? What are your thoughts?
    Thanks!

Deleted
    During actual gameplay it's impossible to get the extra GCD inside the BC window. I've been sitting at 21,63% haste trying to get that extra MS inside the BC window. On a dummy I'm able to do it most of the time, but on actual raid bosses it's near impossible if there are just the slightest of movement. I would suggest just to get as much mastery as possible and let the haste come on its own with lucky titanforged or later in Nighthold.

Deleted
    Thanks bro, heard that aswel so great to have it confirmed here aswell and maybe share it with more curious warriors :') !

The 20% mastery is with perfect play and no lag. You need like 25% to account for human error latency and movement. It will come with Nighthold. But by then fury will be the better spec.

20% does not work even with perfect play, the game servers have too much latency. If you're sitting at 20ms latency and you have the game setup for lag tolerance and also have MS macro'd to BC, you will still need 23% ish Haste to pull it off. Theoretically 20%+ haste also brings MS cooldown below 5s, but dummy testing I had to get it down below 4.8s to pull it off or it would always land late, even up at 26% Haste you can easily miss it the 2nd MS (no tactition) within BC while spamming to your hearts content.

I speak from experience, I've got a haste set myself and have been testing it a shitload on dummies to see if I can replicate the sim and it's not possible due to latency, consider that you need 22% at a minimum, realistically 23% and preferably 24%+... At that point you have to start questioning how much Mastery are you sacrificing? I'm only running because I have the "Fortitude of the Nightborne" set equipped, heavy haste on both pieces and the proc (very decent uptime) to make it worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnokk View Post
    The 20% mastery is with perfect play and no lag. You need like 25% to account for human error latency and movement. It will come with Nighthold. But by then fury will be the better spec.
    What do you base that on? The buffs are not big, unless more get announced it's not going to change anything. Nighthold is a long long way way.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-10-18 at 03:46 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

In the PTR notes, the buff to fury is big. At the time of this post I made, they were still in the PTR notes and were presumed to be going to testing. They were later removed. The buffs would have put Fury on the same level of Arms single target if you did not have the legendary gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnokk View Post
    In the PTR notes, the buff to fury is big. At the time of this post I made, they were still in the PTR notes and were presumed to be going to testing. They were later removed. The buffs would have put Fury on the same level of Arms single target if you did not have the legendary gloves.
    Pretty sure the numbers being bounced around had the buff in the region of a 5% damage increase. 5% increase to Fury dps is not going to change a damn thing, it's going in the right direction but Fury has low sustained damage without having any strong niche making it undesirable for progression in the short term and core synergy issues that leave it lacking in scaling qualities for the long term, a 5% increase to dps output is a drop in the pond.

While Arms is also pretty lacking without legendaries compared to say taking a Rogue, Enhance or a DH, Arms still has more to offer than Fury and scales better in the long term.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

So are we ignoring Simcraft now? How the hell do we know if something is an upgrade?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    So are we ignoring Simcraft now? How the hell do we know if something is an upgrade?
    Add center_scale_delta=1 to your simcraft config, if it overvalues haste. It'll calculate correct weights.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Add center_scale_delta=1 to your simcraft config, if it overvalues haste. It'll calculate correct weights.
    What I don't get though is your stat weights will just shift again once you change your gear. It's so damn confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    What I don't get though is your stat weights will just shift again once you change your gear. It's so damn confusing.
    Right, because stat weights gives you the priority of your stats using your current stats. If you have too much haste and well above what is deemed as a performance bench mark then it will way devalue haste and suggest that mastery or w.e is much much better. This goes across all stats. It's used to find your next upgrade and so on.