Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If that is the case then I'd like my legendary. I couldn't tell you how many caches, mythics, withered training, raid kills I've done and still nothing.
    You and me both, running 2 characters right now and not a single one has dropped. Everyone else in my group has at least one =/

Except there's no documented changes or proof from a dev. So you can't really say "Yes it's been increased" unless you have a source. Best we have is from current trends, which could just be people finally getting lucky from their unlucky protection.
    Just because it's not in the patch notes doesn't mean it's not true.

My guild also got 4 of them in a short time last night and 2 were back to back.

It feels like it's gone up a lot. Out of our guild with ~120 active players 6 got legendaries yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post
    My guild went from getting 1-2 legendaries a week. To getting 7 in 1 day from multiple sources, 7 different people and 1 person got their 2nd. Anyone else notice this? Or another case of RNG is RNG? The first reaction to them dropping was wow grats! Then when more were dropping was wtf...

Anyone else experience this?
    Doubt it. My guilds gotten about 2-3 per week and that seems to be the case still.

My guild including my self with like a 35 active people got 3 yesterday.

Here are some factors that increased the overall # of legendaries acquired this Tuesday for the population as a whole, which could contribute to perceived increased drop rates:

-Caches were reset. 3 caches instead of 1 on tues.
    -Mythic+ caches (not only do the majority open them on tues, but we're further into the expansion, so ppl are pushing further mythic+ in general, so better/more caches)
    -Weekly event: mythic dungeon cache
    -Raid reset
    -New dungeon that also requires mythic as attunement, so more dungeon activity than normal
    -Major patch: anytime there is a major patch there will be increased player activity and therefore increased # overall legendary drops

That said, u never know. They may have buffed it. But the apparent jump in the # of legendaries being aquired this Tuesday could easily have been a result of these and other factors, and not a buff to the drop rate.

edit: almost forgot about the weekly event cache
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-10-27 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    I love people dismissing pure RNG as a bug that needed fixed instead of just believing Blizzard fixed the additional legendary chance bug a month ago like they said they did.

NO ONE here has any factual evidence that any drop rate was increased or decreased. It's all RNG, and the only evidence all you crazies have is anecdotal. No one in my guild has received a legendary this week yet. Does that mean the legendary drop chance decreased since the patch? No. It means RNG is fucking RNG and a lot of your guildies getting their first legendary most likely finally benefited from the bad luck protection that's been in the game since launch. Even with bad luck protection, you could STILL theoretically go half a year or more without a legendary because that is how RNG works. I got my first legendary on day three of the expansion. I have guildies who still haven't gotten theirs. I have guildies who have 4 legendaries. I have guildies who have 2. I have guildies who have 1. It's all fucking random. Any correlation you're seeing is because you want to see it, I.E. Apophenia.
    This right here... Remember when people were talking about if you already got one, you had a higher chance of getting a second one?
    Remember what happened? Oh yeah, Blizzard confirmed it was a bug, even if we only had "anecdotal" evidence.
    So Sir/Ma'am, take a seat. Let the grown ups handle things.
    My guild has been SPAMMED with legendaries today, and I myself also got a second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Just because it's not in the patch notes doesn't mean it's not true.

My guild also got 4 of them in a short time last night and 2 were back to back.
    So because something happens within 1-2 days of the patch means it is true as well? As I said, currently, there is no reason to believe the drop rate got increased until it's been commented from someone from by Blizzard.

Right now it is far more likely that a bunch of people hit the lucky protection breakpoint and finally getting them or some bug was fixed that was preventing unlucky protection from working.

In the end, they could have increased it, but for now I would believe that isn't that case until more documented proof is given. If in 2-3 weeks a lot of people are getting their first legendary then sure, but right now it could mean anything.

Because by yours a lot of other people's thoughts, myself and many others could say they lowered the drop rate because we still haven't gotten one despite all the kills. [No, I'm not saying this is the case, just that it could be said with all the wild and meaningless connections people are making]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    You mean the bug that didn't stop you from getting a legendary it just made you more likely to get one if you already had one? Yeah fixing that wouldn't mean people are suddenly getting their legendary.
    I guarantee there was more to it than that.

- - - Updated - - -

So because something happens within 1-2 days of the patch means it is true as well? As I said, currently, there is no reason to believe the drop rate got increased until it's been commented from someone from by Blizzard.

Right now it is far more likely that a bunch of people hit the lucky protection breakpoint and finally getting them or some bug was fixed that was preventing unlucky protection from working.

In the end, they could have increased it, but for now I would believe that isn't that case until more documented proof is given. If in 2-3 weeks a lot of people are getting their first legendary then sure, but right now it could mean anything.
    You can't possibly be this naive. Do you REALLY, HONESTLY believe it's just coincidence that so many people are getting their legendaries on the SAME day that the first major patch releases? There's nothing else that's special about that date, nothing at all aside from the major patch.

Deleted
    2-3 legendarys iirc but a huge amount of titan/war forged stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    You can't possibly be this naive. Do you REALLY, HONESTLY believe it's just coincidence that so many people are getting their legendaries on the SAME day that the first major patch releases? There's nothing else that's special about that date, nothing at all aside from the major patch.
    It's not being naive at all. It's using logic to make connections rather than assumptions.

As for "zomg it was patch day people, that's why", I go back to the statement of maybe there was a bug where luck protection wasn't applying and when the patch hit it activated for people (and some got past credit which procced it)

I guarantee there was more to it than that.
    You can guarantee it really? With what?

Read my post. Tuesdays always have the most legendaries due to mythic+ caches and raid reset. This week we also had our emissary caches reset, so 3 instead of 1. Also, major patches mean increased player activity. More people playing the game = more total legendaries acquired, on average. That said, there could be a buff, but it just as well could be a normal tuesday with a little bit of an extra boost from the extra emissary caches and patch activity.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-10-26 at 10:38 PM.

Defo Stealth Buff,

My Guild got 8 today!!!!

Deleted
    Definitely increase. 3 legendaries just today in my guild. I am getting so pissed off. Like, 2/3 of the raid group have one now. Either make them so rare that it is literally a handful of people per realm, (i.e. thunderfury, sulfuras...) or make them something that is not rng rng rng. It really makes a difference having a good legendary.

Most people with one actually have two. ffs

It's not being naive at all. It's using logic to make connections rather than assumptions.

As for "zomg it was patch day people, that's why", I go back to the statement of maybe there was a bug where luck protection wasn't applying and when the patch hit it activated for people (and some got past credit which procced it)

You can guarantee it really? With what?
    Remember that other bug? Blizzard confirmed it with a hotfix.
    The fact that my guild has gotten like 20 legendaries TODAY, which is more than people got the last month, I'd lean more towards saying something is up .

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    2-3 legendarys iirc but a huge amount of titan/war forged stuff.
    I don't know about legendaries, but today I got alot of Titan/warforged/socket rewards in 3 chars while doing WQ/emissary quests. Seems like they increased the chance.
    Still no legendary tho.

Our druid got 3

Today

Kill me now

Deleted
    it has with 99,9% certainty been buffed. They have been dropping like crazy today.

Onyxia is deep-breathing more, too, since the patch.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

It's using logic to make connections rather than assumptions.
    Presuming it's true that vastly more legendaries are dropping to day what makes your assumption of bad luck protection kicking in at the same time for a vast amount of players with different playing habits much more feasible than the presumption that blizzard bumped up the drop rate a bit for the release of a major patch ?
    Personally I can't say if there is anything to it - it's mostly stories of others we had not a single legendary drop during mythic and heroic raid splits.