Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    LEGION is definitively not kind to warlocks. For a class with 3 dps speccs this is somewhat frustrating.

Let's see how fire performs boss-4-boss in the 90% bracket:

1. Nyth - 14th
    2. Il'g - 12th
    3. Ursoc - 9th
    4. Dragons - 3rd
    5. Elerethe - 4th
    6. Cenarius - 17th
    7. Xavius - 2nd

Clearly well deserved nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Becuase Blizzard has no damn clue. I doubt they even play their own game anymore.
    Ironic you say this and agree and have 0 idea that the damage buff into shadowform isn't a buff because the net nerf to actual spells balances it out. The only "buff" was the 10% damage reduction.

Sigh.... It's like the community zeroes in on their one or two classes and doesn't even play the game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    Ironic you say this and agree and have 0 idea that the damage buff into shadowform isn't a buff because the net nerf to actual spells balances it out. The only "buff" was the 10% damage reduction.

Sigh.... It's like the community zeroes in on their one or two classes and doesn't even play the game anymore.
    Oh but it's no nerf either. Other classes got nerfed though so it's just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post

1. Nyth - 14th
    2. Il'g - 12th
    3. Ursoc - 9th
    4. Dragons - 3rd
    5. Elerethe - 4th
    6. Cenarius - 17th
    7. Xavius - 2nd

Yeah, Fire seems to be in a poor spot right now if you don't have the bracers.

I'd love to be able to filter out the bracers and see how well we do in the 90th percentile then.

Boomkin is the 2nd worst, not including the weaker specs of classes that have multiple specs for the same DPS role (melee/ranged). At least we're not as bad as ele shamans.

Deleted
    Oh but it's no nerf either. Other classes got nerfed though so it's just as bad.
    Because they have said several times now that they don't know what to do now, with s2m getting out of control. Many priests are actually not happy with the current state, because of s2m gameplay.

Also that's 75th %, which in case of shadow way smaller then for other classes. Unlike fire mages, the below % is not populated by pug trash and alts, but by less geared people, bad kills where you made 1 mistake and spent most of the fight dead and players with ping above 50. The bad players sit in the low 20s and are passed by tanks.

It's actually really hard to pull off the numbers that you see best players doing, because of how ridiculous the skill sealing is for it.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Because they have said several times now that they don't know what to do now, with s2m getting out of control. Many priests are actually not happy with the current state, because of s2m gameplay.

Also that's 75th %, which in case of shadow way smaller then for other classes. Unlike fire mages, the below % is not populated by pug trash and alts, but by less geared people, bad kills where you made 1 mistake and spent most of the fight dead and players with ping above 50. The bad players sit in the low 20s and are passed by tanks.

It's actually really hard to pull off the numbers that you see best players doing, because of how ridiculous the skill sealing is for it.
    So they remain OP becuase... Players don't want to use the talet? ANd other specs are nerfed becuase why?

It's really not that hard to pull of insane numbers with SP. You might never get top 99% but you can still beat any other class on most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Poor poor affliction
    Warlocks*

Assuming this is a good sample(up for debate to others) basically we're back to all 3 warlock specs are below the highest spec of every class. Warriors are in the same boat if you're to go with this data except their top spec comes out slightly above the top lock spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    LEGION is definitively not kind to warlocks. For a class with 3 dps speccs this is somewhat frustrating.
    Hybrids: Oh you have 3 dps specs so you'll always have 1 viable so hybrids should not be taxed.

Legion: Not a single top dps spec.

Deleted
    So they remain OP becuase... Players don't want to use the talet? ANd other specs are nerfed becuase why?

It's really not that hard to pull of insane numbers with SP. You might never get top 99% but you can still beat any other class on most fights.
    No, shadow stays op because there is no easy way to fix it. Because blizzard in their arrogance have designed themselves in to a corner with the spec. My guess is that they have given up on trying to balance shadow against other classes, and now we just have to wait for the promised class redesign soon™.

Yes, theoretically shadow can beat any other class, but that's under perfect conditions and flawless play, since even missing last 10 seconds in VF will cost you more, than it would say a mage, being stunned for an entire duration of combustion.

What actually happened to Arms anyways.

I still see plenty of warriors doing pretty incredible numbers.

No, shadow stays op because there is no easy way to fix it. Because blizzard in their arrogance have designed themselves in to a corner with the spec. My guess is that they have given up on trying to balance shadow against other classes, and now we just have to wait for the promised class redesign soon™.

Yes, theoretically shadow can beat any other class, but that's under perfect conditions and flawless play, since even missing last 10 seconds in VF will cost you more, than it would say a mage, being stunned for an entire duration of combustion.
    Fair enough but even then, it's Blizzard being clueless and just bad at balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    Yes it does. This chart is a mix of 7.0 and 7.1 data.
    Yeah, OP should have waited another day, since it has EU 7.0 in it

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post

1. Nyth - 14th
    2. Il'g - 12th
    3. Ursoc - 9th
    4. Dragons - 3rd
    5. Elerethe - 4th
    6. Cenarius - 17th
    7. Xavius - 2nd

can i play since you think you are balanced

1. 15th
    2. 9th
    3. 16th
    4. 10th (lol multi dot fight)
    5. 17th
    6. 11th
    7. 13th (lol beat us by 150k)

so then by your logic moonkin need a buff.

Deleted

They should really make StM baseline for Shadow, nerf the effects and redesign the last talent row (with something like new Devouring Plague in place of StM). I mean this kind of thing has been suggested by the shadow priest community since beta but they don't like listening to feedback it seems.

Its garbage talent design anyway because you pretty much only use it in raids because there it's super powerful but for example during questing you feel undertuned when you are not using it, not to mention PvP if you can't get easy casts off with it... So essentially you only get 1 talent option for raiding, 2 options for world quests and PvP.

Deleted
    I'm glad I quit one week into Legion. Shouldn't have fallen for the bait in the first place and buy the expansion, but oh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Hybrids: Oh you have 3 dps specs so you'll always have 1 viable so hybrids should not be taxed.

Legion: Not a single top dps spec.

well it's not the end of the world. Thank god we still have alcohol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Yeah, Fire seems to be in a poor spot right now if you don't have the bracers.

I'd love to be able to filter out the bracers and see how well we do in the 90th percentile then.
    Top 5 on 3 bosses and top 10 on 4 bosses is a poor spot? I know that some of these people will have the bracers but give me a break. Do you have to be #1 on every single boss to not complain? This is why mages get a bad reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    I'm glad I quit one week into Legion. Shouldn't have fallen for the bait in the first place and buy the expansion, but oh well.
    and your statement refers to...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toas View Post
    Top 5 on 3 bosses and top 10 on 4 bosses is a poor spot? I know that some of these people will have the bracers but give me a break. Do you have to be #1 on every single boss to not complain? This is why mages get a bad reputation.
    well mages are used to being #1 for 12 years now.