Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's hilarious because O'keefe literally edits together people's individual words to make them say what he wants them to say to fit a narrative, and people totally fall for it. Not a single one of his videos ever have in-context, full conversations. Just snips of stuff that sound damning when taken completely out of context.
    The thing is, you are also not paying attention to the follow up video where people are doing investigations into the O'keefe videos and showing a paper trail, at least in part, corroborating what is in the videos. Just check the previous page.

And again, as has been also posted, a lot of the videos are rather long. Could they be taken out of context....Of course they can. Do the videos look damning and distrubing? Of course they do.

Do they warrant further investigation? Absolutely. But the challenge is, Clintonites just want to dismiss them out of hand and not even bother to do any cursory investigation. And since people are actually investigating them, are they, or even will you, be willing to accept them if they prove accurate? Or will you continue to dismiss them because they are damning to your preferred presidential candidate.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2016-10-27 at 01:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So lets just agree that the resignation discussion cancels out the O'Keefe discussion, so what we should really be talking about is the content of the videos.
    So riddle me this, if someone put a video out there, edited of course, heavily edited, where you admitted to killing 12 women and hiding their bodies in the marsh, when the conversation in reality was you having a discussion about crime shows, what would you say is the content worthy of discussing about that video?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So lets just agree that the resignation discussion cancels out the O'Keefe discussion, so what we should really be talking about is the content of the videos.
    This is like saying we should start taking the National Enquirer as a serious source of news.

Whether you like it or not, O'Keefe's history of footage editing is very relevant and calls everything he will ever do into question, and rightfully so.

I mean, if you had a friend who repeatedly kept lying to you, are you suddenly going to believe them just because they swear it's the truth this time, even though they've said that before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Upon skimming the video titles and discovering it was another Hilary conspiracy theory about rigging the election, I might as well drop this here.

The only part of this election that can be even close to considered "rigged" is the Republican primaries. How is it that a business man with 0 experiences in the political field is not only able to step up to, but also completely destroy these other, seasoned Republican candidates in both debates and polls while also saying some of the most horrific shit a candidate has ever uttered?

If anything, that's the most "rigged" part of this shit show of an election.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, if you had a friend who repeatedly kept lying to you, are you suddenly going to believe them just because they swear it's the truth this time, even though they've said that before?
    Apparently the answer to that is yes, on the condition that the friend tells him what he wants to hear.
    While we're at it, we can agree that eating a salad cancels out eating a Big Mac. Wait, no, that's not how things work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    While we're at it, we can agree that eating a salad cancels out eating a Big Mac. Wait, no, that's not how things work at all.
    Shit...it's not?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Shit...it's not?
    I used to work at a health food store. You might (not) be surprised at how much I heard "I've been eating so much greasy food all week, I need this <healthy meal/item> to balance that out!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"