Sheilun's Gift Not Activating Soothing Mist? (P7.1)

In the patch notes it says:

"Sheilun’s Gift now activates Soothing Mist."
    http://blizzardwatch.com/2016/10/24/...1-patch-notes/

But it doesn't seem to do so. Have I misunderstood something?

Edit: No response just yet from Blizzard as of 11/6/16, but just to update this per the discussion below, it appears that Renewing Mist is the culprit. Casting RM stops Sheilun's Gift from triggering SM anymore until you've manually cast Effuse, Vivify or Enveloping Mist. Once you've cast one of those spells it works again. This edit covers posts below through #16.

Edit 2/15/2017: This bug has been fixed.
    Last edited by Grofu; 2017-02-16 at 04:50 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does for me. Just checked.

Just confirmed this is still not working in any way shape or form. Sheilun's Gift does NOT activate soothing mists as advertised.

Interesting. Has anyone else had it actually work, like Thra posted above?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I just checked it again... and now it IS triggering Soothing Mist. Maybe some sort of overnight stealth patch? Or perhaps one of my add-ons was interfering before? Totally bizarre....

Edit: And now it's failing again. It's only triggered it once for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Grofu View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I just checked it again... and now it IS triggering Soothing Mist. Maybe some sort of overnight stealth patch? Or perhaps one of my add-ons was interfering before? Totally bizarre....

I've noticed it doesn't work all the time, as well. If that's intended, Blizzard needs to make it clear. If not, you should make sure they acknowledged that; post this on the official forums or Twitter.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grofu View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Mine was working for raid last night.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I've noticed it doesn't work all the time, as well. If that's intended, Blizzard needs to make it clear. If not, you should make sure they acknowledged that; post this on the official forums or Twitter.
    I wondered if it might be dependent on something. I tested "while targeting" and "not targeting" and that doesn't seem to be it.

I'll post this on the WoW Monk forum. I also submitted a bug report with a link to this thread. (Edit, never mind, Sheilun already did. Thanks!)

Love the sig, btw.
    Last edited by Grofu; 2016-10-26 at 06:35 PM.

works all the time, you are probably just cancelling it without noticing

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    works all the time, you are probably just cancelling it without noticing
    Nope. You're not the only one to think so, though. In the thread I'll link below 4 monks reported the same problem, but 2 others reported not having an issue. I'm starting to wonder if it's an add-on problem.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749678811
    Last edited by Grofu; 2016-10-26 at 08:25 PM.

Mine works.

Deleted
    Hey lads,

I submitted a bug report for this earlier today. After a bit of testing, I came to the following conclusion - Sheilun's Gift will only trigger Soothing Mist if the last spell you cast would normally trigger Soothing Mist itself. In other words:

-If I cast Renewing Mist and then Sheilun's Gift -> Soothing Mist will not activate
    -If I cast Effuse and then Sheilun's Gift -> Soothing Mist will activate

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, as putting Soothing Mist on Sheilun's Gift was supposed to provide us an easy activator for the Soothing Mist channel, but that isn't a very effective buff when the interaction doesn't work half/most of the time.
    Last edited by mmoc0d05e16c33; 2016-10-27 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera View Post
    Hey lads,

I submitted a bug report for this earlier today. After a bit of testing, I came to the following conclusion - Sheilun's Gift will only trigger Soothing Mist if the last spell you cast would normally trigger Soothing Mist itself. In other words:

-If I cast Renewing Mist and then Sheilun's Gift -> Soothing Mist will not activate

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, as putting Soothing Mist on Sheilun's Gift was supposed to provide us an easy activator for the Soothing Mist channel, but that isn't a very effective buff when the interaction doesn't work half/most of the time.
    Can confirm, tried it myself dozens of times by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey lads,

I submitted a bug report for this earlier today. After a bit of testing, -snip-.
    Good job. Makes sense, when I did it I must have just done it after effuse or EM. I thought it wasn't working before that's why I tried it and then it worked. Thought it odd.

Good investigating!

Hey lads,

Or if Sheilun's is the first spell to trigger SM.

I think Renewing Mist is the actual culprit. I've tested the following list below, and none of them stopped Sheilun's Gift from triggering Soothing Mist.

Tiger Palm
    Blackout Kick
    Rising Sun Kick
    Spinning Crane Kick
    Crackling Jade Lightning
    Chi Burst
    Essence Font
    Leg Sweep
    Paralysis
    Chi Torpedo (didn't test Roll)
    Revival
    Spinning Crane Kick
    Transcendence & T-Transfer

Hypothesis:
    1) Renewing Mist stops Sheilun's Gift (SG) from triggering Soothing Mist (SM).
    2) None of the abilities listed above puts SG in this state.
    3) Once in that state, no amount or combination of the above abilities seems to get SG back to triggering SM.
    4) Casting Effuse, Vivify or Enveloping Mist puts SG back into the correct state of triggering SM.
    5) Relogging appears to reset the problem to the default state (SG triggers SM).

Questions:
    1) Does anything else stop SG from triggering SM?
    2) Does anything else fix the problem after SG is in this erroneous state?

It's like there's a Soothing Mist pointer or boolean constant somewhere that's being toggled off by ReM and reset by Eff/Viv/Env. (shrug)
    Last edited by Grofu; 2016-10-27 at 05:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good work! Did you put in a bug report with these findings also?

Going to check if there is a thread about this on the official forums. Will edit this post with a link if so.

Edit: Sheilun's Gift NOT activating soothing mist

Commented basically a copy-paste of your post Grofu, as it is the most up to date, and confirms what lordhakera found
    Last edited by Thra; 2016-10-27 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Good work! Did you put in a bug report with these findings also?
    Yeah, I had reported it through the game bug report feature earlier, but this was worth adding, so I sent it in again with this new info. I don't know if that's the fastest way to get their attention, though. (Or if it's even important enough to actually warrant their immediate attention, but I guess that's up to them.) So if you know of another way to let them know about it please feel free.
    Last edited by Grofu; 2016-10-27 at 05:22 AM.

Has anybody heard anything further on this?

I've updated the first post to reflect what we learned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I just keep it in my mind that if I want it to channel I need to throw out an effuse or something before Sheilun

This bug has been fixed.
    -------------
    "Legs in the air like I just don't care!"
    Mist It Like You Mean It (Mistweaver Blog)