View Poll Results: How do you like the addition of IBF?

Voters
194. This poll is closed
  • Great! we needed a long CD "OH SHIT" button

50 25.77%
  • It's a step in the right direction at least

108 55.67%
  • This will not help us at all

8 4.12%
  • it's good, but not the CD we needed, we need shorter CD defensives

28 14.43%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I don't think you're in the best position to judge how blood feels if you're only ilvl 820, since you won't have tanked anything that actually matters.
    I'm judging it from their rating on worldoflogs... Sooo, yeah. I think the thousands of parses show more accurately how a DK is doing over how your ilevel 8xx DK feels.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    you forgot half of our talents are useless/extremly undervalued on your list

i mean what choices in talents do we got outside of blood mirror vs bonestorm?
    Well, to be fair, Tightening Grasp is not a must-have on Renferal Mythic. If you feel comfortable with more mobility
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Well, to be fair, Tightening Grasp is not a must-have on Renferal Mythic. If you feel comfortable with more mobility
    oh yeah i forgot, i can hate myself for 50% longer wraith walk =p
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Still not fixing the main problem. We need consistent damage reduction that we can spend runic power on. How is it possible that a tank class only has 1 button to spend their resource generation. And ours is a heal when others get much better abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Still not fixing the main problem. We need consistent damage reduction that we can spend runic power on. How is it possible that a tank class only has 1 button to spend their resource generation. And ours is a heal when others get much better abilities.
    DH is on the same boat, they at least can talent into one like we do. Both are shit and need a baseline spender.

Fracture for DH and runetap for DK tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    DH is on the same boat, they at least can talent into one like we do. Both are shit and need a baseline spender.

Fracture for DH and runetap for DK tbh.
    Are you talking about Soul Barrier?

Problem with DK is that under some circumstances we don't get to generate as much RP as we can to spend on something thanks to boneshield being a mess and as a result having to marrowrend instead. So having other buttons is irrelevant. Then you want a baseline RT that uses a rune while boneshield stacks threaten to fall off after 3 consecutive marrowrends.

And finally some spec's state should in no way reflect on the state of BDK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karasique View Post
    Are you talking about Soul Barrier?
    Fracture is a talent that costs 40~ pain and shits out 2 orbs.

but as said, blizzard doesn't fix issues, it gives +%s

My DK is ilvl 873. I'm not having the issues you are apparently having. Yes, some fights require a more irritating rotation than others - cenarius, for example. Welcome to world of Warcraft? If you just want to be the absolute best at all times with no effort, then you aren't going to find a tank that you like. All tanks have issues - some more than others. But since I'm currently at mythic 13 - should get 15 this week with volcanic/sanguine - and have cleared the raid content that I had planned on clearing, I'm happy. IBF being back helps with my cenarius issues - don't have to ask for an external now - and helps with some "oh shit" moments.

Yes, our mastery is pretty weak. If they were to buff it they'd need to nerf bone shield to compensate.
    Yes, we have some talent issues. They should be worked on. But I will point out that these same forums called rune tap and blood mirror "never pick talents."

Beyond that, I disagree with the need for "more short term cool downs." I picked DK for its fun play style - I don't want to spam SB or IF every 4-6 seconds. I prefer to use my death strikes correctly. DS is an insane amount of healing - more than any other tank. And we have the absolute strongest monster of a cool down in VB that no one here seems to appreciate.

All this negative shit is why I try to stay away from class forums. You're all wrapped up in your angst over your class instead of realizing that you're clearing your content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    All this negative shit is why I try to stay away from class forums. You're all wrapped up in your angst over your class instead of realizing that you're clearing your content.
    Yup. my original point was essentially this. im sure there are little nuances where we have "issues" but the problem with class forums is that people have an expectation of how content should be, and they will ignore their own personal skill and blame design. if i fail to complete content, and 100% of my class/spec also fails, then we have an issue, but if you consistently manage to complete content that you are going for, then there is no real issue, just QoL

IBF is a nice addition, we now have potentially two stun breaks, a nice mitigation CD, a huge HP/Healing buff on a ludicrously low CD especially with Service of Gorefiend, a huge DPS/parry steroid and a magic ignore.

oh did i forget to mention that we aren't mind numbing to play and are essentially the ONLY tank that has meaningful decisions to make, as well as optimisations to rotation and mitigation.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    Fracture is a talent that costs 40~ pain and shits out 2 orbs.

but as said, blizzard doesn't fix issues, it gives +%s
    Fracture is a DH's active mitigation --> damage tradeoff; the 2 souls aren't worth as much as just spending the pain on Soul Cleave. A similar ability to compete with Death Strike for resource expenditure would be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'm judging it from their rating on worldoflogs... Sooo, yeah. I think the thousands of parses show more accurately how a DK is doing over how your ilevel 8xx DK feels.
    What, tank KRSI rankings? Those were removed for a reason; they're totally worthless as a metric of anything. Also if your 820 DK is more stable than an 867 BrM, the BrM is being played awfully. It's so far from reality that I feel as though you're just exaggerating.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2016-10-27 at 06:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Fracture is a DH's active mitigation --> damage tradeoff; the 2 souls aren't worth as much as just spending the pain on Soul Cleave. A similar ability to compete with Death Strike for resource expenditure would be welcomed.
    Fracture is a talent.
    Which you don't take because it's bad.

Also let's say this:
    I have 3 orbs out and I'm maxed on HP and resources
    What do I do?
    Lose resources?
    Over heal and get trucked next attack?

DK has the same problem, that's why I'd enjoy both to get another spender that's a bit more proactive rather than reactive and a resource dump for damage.

Ie: Runic empowerment off the gcd: pay 25 runic power to refresh 1 rune or along these lines, something I can use when I don't want to heal but I want to use my RP. Same for DH, DH getting fracture and DK getting something along these lines or rune empowerment or even a "your next DS gives you % more shield (dependant on mastery)" would fix a lot of rotational and option problems.

In short: I want less RNG and more OPTIONS. I don't want to fish for shield slam resets, I want devastate to shave off x% of the cd, i don't want to fish for extra bones, I want them ensured, I don't want to fish for souls I want them ensured so I can plan ahead.