Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Megathread] World of Final Fantasy.

So now that the game is out what does everyone think about it. I just picked it up so ill post my opinion on it later.

Atm it seems to be getting review scores of 6 or 7.

The most common thing I hear is that it gets repetitive, But what 50hour JRPG doesn't?

Edit:

Sephiroth Summon.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-27 at 12:58 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Got it in the mail, but yet to open it.

Stupid Kara.

Seems super cute and like a fun little JRPG, I'm interested. Not expecting a ton, and I'm sure I'll miss out on most of the FF in-jokes, but still want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks cool with all the throwbacks and the Bravely Default looking art style. Unfortunately, no PC release means I have to wait and hope they announce it later.

Deleted
    I may be odd, but that's the first PS4 exclusive to tempt me in a long time.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much everybody's reaction to this game that I have seen (which admittedly is like 5 people) went from "this is gonna be so bad" before playing and during the first 30 or so minutes, to "Hey, this game's actually fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Looks cool with all the throwbacks and the Bravely Default looking art style. Unfortunately, no PC release means I have to wait and hope they announce it later.
    Since it only released on Ps4/Vita (with cross save) I highly dough a PC release will happen.

Edit: added Sephiroth summon trailer to OP.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-27 at 01:18 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

The most common thing I hear is that it gets repetitive, But what 50hour JRPG doesn't?
    67 hours into Persona 5 and yet to be repetitive(would probably be just over 50 if my Japanese was actually good to get to the same point, or the localized version but still no where near end).

I guess to answer your question, the actual good ones.

The massive problem with JRPGs atm is most are either style over substance(like this game is) or substance over style. Atlus constantly proves you can have both and shouldn't be choosing. Outside of Atlus very few truly great JRPGs have come out in the last 10 years(vesperia, ni no kuni, bravely, valkyria chronicles and awakening).

This game looks fun and cute, but really has no substance at all and that fun and cute will wear off real quick. That's the issue with it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-10-27 at 05:34 AM.

Just got to my first boss fight and that was fun.

Going to pick it back up in a bit and play more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I guess to answer your question, the actual good ones.
    Even good ones can be and most times are repetitive.

But its all opinions ether way.

Even good ones can be and most times are repetitive.
    Except they're not. The good ones relegate the repetitive nature of the genre to side content. The average to bad ones just have it as the base of the game. The latest Star Ocean is a perfect example of that, the main story line is basically akin to the mementos in persona 5(which is just side content for someone who wants the extra grind).

If the base of your game is repetitive, it's not a good designed game. You can side content up a game with all forms of repetitive stuff you want to, but if the main story is repeating the same formula over and over until you eventually win that is poor game design.

I wouldn't exactly expect you to understand the genre though, based on your posting history and asking questions about them right and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I wouldn't exactly expect you to understand the genre though, based on your posting history and asking questions about them right and left.
    I understand the genre just fine and news flash tech......All games are repetitive. But like normal you wish to argue with me and act like your opinion on something is fact when it isn't. Then you enjoy trying to take shots at me.

Please do show where I asked about them left and right. I have only asked about a couple because there was a couple JRPG series I haven't checked out (Like the tales series).

Doesn't mean I haven't played JRPG's or many of them. Hell RPG's/JRPG's is the most genre I have played.

I got this yesterday for the PS Vita. Whilst I prefer my PS Vita over the PS4 I'm sort of regretting my decision to get this version. Whilst it doesn't look terrible it's not fantastic either. To be honest it looks like a PS2 era game. Specifically it reminds me of FF12 the way it was all jagged around the edges... I might be remembering wrong but I didn't think FFX HD looked quite so rough.

So far I haven't played enough to judge if it is going to be a good game or not. The few minutes i've played it definately looks promising

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I got this yesterday for the PS Vita. Whilst I prefer my PS Vita over the PS4 I'm sort of regretting my decision to get this version. Whilst it doesn't look terrible it's not fantastic either. To be honest it looks like a PS2 era game. Specifically it reminds me of FF12 the way it was all jagged around the edges... I might be remembering wrong but I didn't think FFX HD looked quite so rough.

So far I haven't played enough to judge if it is going to be a good game or not. The few minutes i've played it definately looks promising
    There is a cross-save feature if you decide to get it later. I have played a bit (Up to the real first boss battle) and have enjoyed myself. Going to play more tomorrow

IMO on ps4 it looks awesome, not sure how the vita looks.

Just incase no one knows . There is a Xenogears Mirage and a Einhander Mirage in the game that you can have on your team. I dont know how to acquire the Einhander one but the Xenogears one is a postgame superboss. Also heard it transforms into a jet somehow .

There is a cross-save feature if you decide to get it later. I have played a bit (Up to the real first boss battle) and have enjoyed myself. Going to play more tomorrow

IMO on ps4 it looks awesome, not sure how the vita looks.
    I would say the vita looks only good, i've seen much more polished games on the console than World of FF.

I saw cross save, Vita is having a fit, I have it with me at work and it's trying to cross save but as I don't have a net connection at the moment it's crying. When I get paid I'll probably get the limited edition of the PS4 version, I got the vita as I like playing games in bed and at work. I can't play my PS4 from bed or at work which is why I got the Vita.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really enjoying this game so far love the style and all the throw backs to past final fantasy games.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Don't think I could play a "cutesy" final fantasy game with kiddie Sephiroth and such, that would kind of kill it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Don't think I could play a "cutesy" final fantasy game with kiddie Sephiroth and such, that would kind of kill it for me.
    You should try it before knocking it.

Ontopic: Finally got to the point where I can use my Sephiroth Summon Been playing it in small bits, going to play a lot tomorrow.

Played it a little bit, seems pretty fun. Can't wait to get more mirages to really mix and match and customize kickass setups.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I ran in to what looks like a rip off of pokemon there is a mirage called sharsqual that looks surprisingly like a sharpedo now I brushed this off till I saw its first transfiguration which is called mega sharsqual and looks just like a mega sharpedo.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"